Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Shoot looters on sight?
Yes 132 51.76%
No 112 43.92%
I'm too wishy-washy to have an opinion. 11 4.31%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2017, 11:24 PM

3,321 posts, read 1,101,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skycaller23 View Post
Videos are starting to surface now showing looting and none of them have folks walking away with food.

In one of them a guy dropped his TV in the parking lot so he went back in and got another one.
Link or it didn't happen....

Old 08-28-2017, 11:33 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,567,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
theft is theft.... there is no 'good reason' for theft
That's ridiculous. Gradation is in almost everything. It's why zero tolerance policies are idiotic - - there's a difference between a student taking an aspirin at his locker versus shooting up meth at a school that has a no drug policy.

Old 08-28-2017, 11:42 PM

24,415 posts, read 23,070,474 times
Your house or your property...yes. But if you own, say, a store and you camp out in it to protect it and a bunch of thugs come breaking in to loot it and you start mowing them down, there might be other repercussions. The community may not like the idea of you taking down their friends or family even if they are scum bags. The police that are nowhere to be found are supposed to deal with them, not the citizens.
One thing I do know is that society is crumbling and people have no respect for others now and will lash out at what they perceive to be hostility towards them even if its well deserved.
If thugs broke in to Bill Gates or Hillary's house, there would be armed guards that would dispatch them in an instant. Everyday citizens aren't supposed to have that kind of power.

Old 08-28-2017, 11:56 PM

2,112 posts, read 1,141,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellob View Post
Well, I just saw tweets that looters are pulling guns and stealing boats while people are in them... I'd definitely shoot them. Despicable.
You mean like the Bundy militia terrorists who threatened cops and looted?

Oregon Militiaman Arrested for Stealing Government Vehicles | Time.com

Old 08-29-2017, 12:04 AM

1,570 posts, read 1,380,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycaller23
Videos are starting to surface now showing looting and none of them have folks walking away with food.

In one of them a guy dropped his TV in the parking lot so he went back in and got another one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
Link or it didn't happen....
Here you go:

This one shows the guy dropping the tv,

Old 08-29-2017, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janellen View Post
Here you go:

This one shows the guy dropping the tv,
....There's no way whatsoever of knowing that's in Texas...and furthermore, where'd you get the links? One says DeplorableNewsNetwork? The other video is a cropped copy of the first. Furthermore, none of the stores shown in the video are listed as businesses in Houston. I'm calling fake news.

Old 08-29-2017, 12:43 AM

23,223 posts, read 29,051,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycaller23 View Post

You're overlooking the fact that selling the TV brings cash to buy groceries and other essentials!

Old 08-29-2017, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
You're overlooking the fact that selling the TV brings cash to buy groceries!
...the video is that they linked to isn't in houston.

Old 08-29-2017, 01:04 AM

1,570 posts, read 1,380,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
....There's no way whatsoever of knowing that's in Texas...and furthermore, where'd you get the links? One says DeplorableNewsNetwork? The other video is a cropped copy of the first. Furthermore, none of the stores shown in the video are listed as businesses in Houston. I'm calling fake news.
You may be correct. I just googled "hurricane harvey looters" on youtube and this is what came up. As for who posted them, I have no idea who or what they are. You just asked for links and I gave what came up on a search. I did notice that the people who were doing the filming were speaking spanish, but I don't know what they were saying. Maybe some of our cd posters could translate for us and that might shed some light on where it was taken.

One of the stores in the film was Beauty Galaxy which is located at
9540 Homestead Rd,
Houston, TX
When you go on google earth street view, it shows as being the same store as in the film. The Metro store and the Family Dollar store right next to the Beauty Galaxy can also be seen on the street view. It's definitely the right place......... IN HOUSTON.

So where do you think this was filmed?

Last edited by janellen; 08-29-2017 at 01:32 AM.. Reason: had the wrong address at first

Old 08-29-2017, 01:07 AM

2,112 posts, read 1,141,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janellen View Post
You may be correct. I just googled "hurricane harvey looters" on youtube and this is what came up. As for who posted them, I have no idea who or what they are. You just asked for links and I gave what came up on a search. I did notice that the people who were doing the filming were speaking spanish, but I don't know what they were saying. Maybe some of our cd posters could translate for us and that might shed some light on where it was taken.

So where do you think this was filmed?
Have you read the youtube comments for the video you posted??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies