Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2017, 06:11 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,853,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I don't think that any food, in its natural state, is a toxin. I think the problem is often overprocessing, substituting fake foods for real ones, and putting in a lot of additives. The only things I try hard to avoid are trans fats and high fructose corn syrup (that one is incredibly difficult, they put that crap in everything), and, with the exception of a diet soda about once a week, artificial sweeteners. Pretty easy for me, overall, as I don't have much of a sweet tooth in the first place.

EXCELLENT POST! I agree the further we get away from "natural" in ALL areas of our lives, the more unhealthy it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2017, 06:12 AM

1,137 posts, read 1,347,143 times
My issue is paying for uninsured diabetics who got that way with 64oz of liquid sugar (slurpees, etc) for 98 cents!

They are free to poison themselves, kill themselves, whatever they want to do... on THEIR dime.
The only ones making bank on this are 7-11, Coke, Pepsico etc. They dance, we pay the band.

Old 08-31-2017, 06:25 AM

17,348 posts, read 11,302,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartGotts View Post
My issue is paying for uninsured diabetics who got that way with 64oz of liquid sugar (slurpees, etc) for 98 cents!

They are free to poison themselves, kill themselves, whatever they want to do... on THEIR dime.
The only ones making bank on this are 7-11, Coke, Pepsico etc. They dance, we pay the band.
Nice, but why single out diabetics? How about drug addicts that receive very expensive government paid treatment for their recovery? How about people that eat lots of bacon and red meat and end up with clogged arteries. I'm sure plenty of them are uninsured when they get that bypass surgery. The list goes on...

Old 08-31-2017, 06:34 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,595,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
EXCELLENT POST! I agree the further we get away from "natural" in ALL areas of our lives, the more unhealthy it is.
The worst of all is prepackaged cookies and pastries. I almost never eat them, seriously, like less than once a year, but when I do, I can literally taste the chemicals put in to keep them "fresh." Gross.

Old 08-31-2017, 07:11 AM

2,085 posts, read 2,143,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Nice, but why single out diabetics? How about drug addicts that receive very expensive government paid treatment for their recovery? How about people that eat lots of bacon and red meat and end up with clogged arteries. I'm sure plenty of them are uninsured when they get that bypass surgery. The list goes on...
You have a point...and how about those uninsured adrenaline junkies who fall off their skateboards and break every bone in their bodies..and what about those awful uninsured cigarette smokers and their disgusting lung cancer treatments?..and I think we can all agree that hepatitis and cirrosis treatments for uninsured alcoholics need to cease immediately.

Also, Im tired of these worthless uninsured HIV patients who didnt use protection, used dirty needles or picked the wrong facility to receive a blood transfusion from...serves em right, I'd say....they all definitely need to die on their own dime, damnit!...mmm hmm

Old 08-31-2017, 07:18 AM

1,302 posts, read 684,673 times
It is always about TAXES and fees. And it is happening because there the Budget and deficit is so largely spent in Military that the other services are cut though needed, the government needs more money from your food.

By the way did I tell you that in México Food is Zero Added Value Tax?

Old 08-31-2017, 07:35 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,550,226 times
I do see this as a problem overall I remember as a child not seeing over weight kids in my schools or in general. Today children adults are obese and there is much evidence to back this up. No new news there.
Of course we eat when we were hungry and not because we were bored and of course the food today isn't the food we ate when I was a kid either even places like Burger King, McDonalds the food was much different. Of course people love their fast food and like to go hone and his on their arses.

It's not just one thing it's a combination of our food being pumped full of crap and people not getting out jogging, walking, etc. Even eating crap food and getting out will take it's toll you can't just eat whatever you want and expect to be healthy.

Old 08-31-2017, 07:40 AM

34,243 posts, read 18,603,941 times
Quote:
The worst of all is prepackaged cookies and pastries. I almost never eat them, seriously, like less than once a year, but when I do, I can literally taste the chemicals put in to keep them "fresh." Gross.

I agree. More, and more I am making my own meals, including deserts from scratch. I know what goes into them, and I know what chemicals ARE NOT in them. I also buy my eggs, and produce from a local farmer, so I know what goes into those also. Fast food is the WORST.

Old 08-31-2017, 08:06 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,772,243 times
Quote:
I don't think that any food, in its natural state, is a toxin. I think the problem is often overprocessing, substituting fake foods for real ones, and putting in a lot of additives. The only things I try hard to avoid are trans fats and high fructose corn syrup (that one is incredibly difficult, they put that crap in everything), and, with the exception of a diet soda about once a week, artificial sweeteners. Pretty easy for me, overall, as I don't have much of a sweet tooth in the first place.
Add American Soy and we've pretty much got a whole list of things not to eat. Problem is, it's in everything and many of them are getting hidden under generic terms.

Old 08-31-2017, 08:17 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,468,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
The science is in. Sugar is a proven toxin, and as of now, it's a significant part of our diet. The public is unaware and the food industry isn't going to make adjustments without public outrage. Also, the sugar industry is funding efforts to silence public awareness in the same capacity the tobacco companies did in the 20th century.

What are your thoughts?
Refined sugar has always been a serious health problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies