Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote to forfeit 800,000 American job opportunities?
Sure, why not? We are generous. 46 34.07%
No! Are you crazy? 76 56.30%
I don't care. 13 9.63%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2017, 02:52 PM

7,814 posts, read 6,393,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
https://www.cpr.org/news/story/coffm...action-on-daca

Nope, if this bill passes it will be a congressional three year extension until they can figure out immigration.
Then we would be stuck with their anchor babies if they get pregnant door knock someone up.

Old 09-02-2017, 03:08 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,373,289 times
Quote:
https://www.cpr.org/news/story/coffm...action-on-daca

Nope, if this bill passes it will be a congressional three year extension until they can figure out immigration.
There is nothing to figure out. DACA enrollees are here illegally. the DACA program gave them deferred removal as illegal immigrants. All Trump has to do is discontinue adding anyone else and let the deferrals expire. Then hasta la vista, au revoir, aloha.

Old 09-02-2017, 03:13 PM

8,558 posts, read 10,981,308 times
Tuesday 09/05/2017
" I stated last week that I would have my decision concerning DACA on Tuesday, and I keep my word.
I have taken a long hard look at DACA, it's origin, it's meaning, and it's purpose.

For many it seemed like a a workable plan, and as a result would enrich our country.
Unless Americans are all back to work, and being fully educated, I can't with a clear conscience state DACA is a work in progress.
Many of these young people came to this country as infants, or young children, and know no other country than the united states.

There act as young children can not be classified as an illegal one, for it was the parents who committed the illegal entry into our country.
The children had no choice but to go with their parents.

Many young people have entered the country unaccompanied by an adult, and that in an of itself poses another problem.
It would be an easy thing to just say, DACA is ended, and all dreamers must return to their native country.
That is much easier said then done, though if it came to that, it would be done.
As I said, I have looked at this program long and hard since becoming President, and I have made a decision.

First, the children,many now adults, that came into this country with their parents will be allowed to remain, under certain circumstances.
1, The parents of these children. who are now adults, , who entered the country illegally, must be immediately deported to their native country.
Those who accompanied their parents in that illegal entry, are free to return to their country of origin with their parents.
For those at, or above the age of eighteen, you can remain here in the united states with certain conditions.

2, Remaining here in this country will be at the digression of immigration, and local officials of the community where in you reside.
You will have to report once a year to your local immigration office and stay in good standing with in your community.
If you haven't yet applied for a work, or student permit, you will have 30 days to do so, and failure will mean immediate deportation.

3, You must take courses in American history, and civics to better understand the American system.
You are required to learn the English language,as well as write it.
These courses are available at many schools throughout the country.

4 , You must abide by all laws,be it local, state, or country.
Immigration will do it'sown research,and if any dreamers,have been involved in committing crime,they will be deported.
They will no longer be covered under this extension.

5 With the extension of this daca program, you will no longer have to hide in the shadows, but you must clearly understand you are not citizens of this country, you are a guest.
You will have the opportunity to apply for citizenship, but that isn't something that is going to happen overnight.

5, Dealing with the young, and those under eighteen who crossed into the country without an adult, the news is not so good.
You must report to your local immigration office and each case will be handled accordingly.
Failure to report to the immigration office will mean you will be sought out, and deported.

As I said earlier, this daca extension could be put into law by the congress, but it would only be signed by me, if it includes a provision that the parents who entered illegally with their children, be deported to their native country.

For this program to work, and be successful, it will take co-operation on all fronts.
If I approve this extension of daca, I will give it three months to see if the plan is working.
Those who entered illegally with children must report their status immediately to immigration.
I would advise those people to follow the rules and prepare to be deported to your native land.

Failure to report to immigration will mean the permanent doing away with daca,and all involved would face deportation.
This, daca program is not a law, it never was.
My predecessor took it upon himself to institute, and promote this program.
Congress never made it law.

It will not become law until I submit it to congress for approval, and that will depend on the parents who are facing deportation.
If they deport voluntarily,the chances are daca will be extended.
Thank you, and God bless the United states of America."

That is the speech that the President needs to make next Tuesday.

There will be many supporters who won't like it, and many will call it amnesty.
Had these dreamers been above the age of eighteen when they entered the country, yes, it would be amnesty, but many were very young, and had no choice but to be with their parents.
Most I am sure have been law abiding,and an asset to their communities.
The only other alternative would be to deport all of them,and I am sure our President knows that would cause turmoil through out the country.
Legally,these dreamers are guilty of entering the country illegally, but the circumstances were such that they had no choice at the time.

Sure, I would like to see all illegals deported, and was the main reason I voted for Mr.Trump,but that is an unrealistic approach to the immigration problem.
We desperately need to put and end to illegal entry into this country, and building the wall will be a positive step in doing just that.

Bob.

Old 09-02-2017, 03:35 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
So we are holding ourselves to the same standard as China now?

Is that what MAGA means?
You never addressed the poster. You're okay with people coming here illegally and using our resources?
btw How many have you taken in?

Old 09-02-2017, 03:39 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
That doesn't make sense. The kids have no control as to whether the parents choose to return.

If he tries to deport the daca kids, expect **** to hit the fan. It will immediately be blocked in the courts.
What kind of parent leaves without their kid? Hopefully they have willing and able relatives that will take care of the child. They are here illegally, throw them out.

Old 09-02-2017, 03:42 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,215,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
What kind of parent leaves without their kid? Hopefully they have willing and able relatives that will take care of the child. They are here illegally, throw them out.
Most of the DACAS are over 18 at this point and no child who entered after 6/15/07 is allowed to apply.

Old 09-02-2017, 03:46 PM

1,184 posts, read 720,671 times
Congress can't pass anything for American citizens but they got all this time for illegals...what a county

Old 09-02-2017, 04:01 PM

292 posts, read 245,151 times
What I want to know (and have had some Mexicans explain this to me ) was why the DACA parents did not get down to the immigration office to get on the list to become a US citizens ASAP after arriving in the US. And at the appropriate age, why did the said "DACA babies", Not do the same?

Now, this is out of the mouths of Mexicans who became legal US citizens.....wait for it....

UNO- ability to hide their incomes and still receive various government benefits. I do believe this to be true, at least for some...as the guy who owned the roofing company ( which did the roofs in our tome home complex) has been in Texas for many many years...and he is still illegal. His children went thru college pretty much for free, other beanies. His home is worth way more than mine,(in the millions) although thru his connections in the building industry, it most likely was built for pennies on the dollar- this is a perk of the industry, so I am not "ragging"on him over that. But it is still part of his net worth.

If they become citizens, pay taxes on their actual income, and within a set timeframe after arriving in the US..(say 5+ yrs) .have a low income and truly need the help, then, like any one else....fine.

Our immigration policy should be exactly the same as Mexico...and trust me,it is not.

Old 09-02-2017, 04:36 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,273,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Well then I'm not talking to you, now am I?

Try not to take everything so personally.

That said, IF you have no clue as to the racial resentments that Trump ran on - you probably are not paying attention.

Trump ran on border and immigration enforcement and putting Americans first (all colors and races)

Without repeating the kool aid the MSM and the left give you as your narrative, name me 1 proposal of Trump during the campaign that was considered identity politics and racial recentment....name 1.

Don't cop out, give me 1 thing in specific that he ran on that was racial resentment?

The left and the democrat party play the race card and identity politics ALL the time to gets votes. Why do you don't call them out?

Old 09-02-2017, 04:45 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,273,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post

Exactly!!!!....If I entered China illegally with my 6-year-old son and I get busted 10 years later then China will deport me with my son back to the U.S.A, how is that inhumane? ...It's my fault that I put myself and my son in that position. That's not China's problem.

Inhumane is if China deports me back to the U.S.A and they keep my minor son in China in the courts and system apart from me when my son is NOT a legal citizen of China, he is a U.S. Citizen. When I was a minor with my parents, I had to go wherever they went, if my Dad and Mom moved from city to city and state and state, I had to go with them. I didn't like it sometimes but that's the way it goes.

If an illegal immigrant gets deported they take their kids that came with them back to their country.......simple.

If I ever get deported from another country, I won't leave the country without my kids, they will come back to the U.S.A with me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies