Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote to forfeit 800,000 American job opportunities?
Sure, why not? We are generous. 46 34.07%
No! Are you crazy? 76 56.30%
I don't care. 13 9.63%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2017, 08:11 PM

35,702 posts, read 21,063,743 times

Advertisements

Potus said is congress does not fix it, he will readdress... Think session pushed this baby out. Wickedness at work.- sessions has a secret dark side

Old 09-05-2017, 08:12 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Potus said is congress does not fix it, he will readdress... Think session pushed this baby out. Wickedness at work.- sessions has a secret dark side
We are a nation of immigrants, legal immigrants, and we are also a nation of laws.

Old 09-05-2017, 08:12 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,285,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
That was hilarious. Notice she didn't actually say it, even though Chuck Todd tried to get her to. But they know this is not something some Judge is going to overturn like they've been able to do with Trump's other issues.

Trump is forcing their hand. If they want to pass amnesty, they have to do it. Show the people congress can work together on something, just not something for the American people.

Actually she does say it, but I guess the CNN version didn't include it. This is more of what she said.

Anchor Chuck Todd asked, “Do you think — is DACA — was DACA legal?”

Feinstein answered, “DACA was executive order. Legal is the law of passage of something. I — you know, there are ten attorneys general that are prepared to sue. I don’t want to get into that. The point is, DACA is here. And we’ve got 800,000 young people –.”

Todd then cut in to say, “Your answer indicates, though, that it’s on shaky legal ground.”
Feinstein stated, “It is. That’s why we need to pass a law, and we should do it.”

She's in error that DACA is an EO, but nonetheless her belief is that it isn't on solid footing legally.

Old 09-05-2017, 08:14 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
We are a nation of immigrants, legal immigrants, and we are also a nation of laws.
We are a nation of laws for some. As long as some are not held to them, I support a system where no one is.

Old 09-05-2017, 08:15 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
With all the "cruelty to children" cries, let's not forget most of these dreamers are in their 20s. They aren't kids.

The ones who bear the blame for the predicament they are in are their PARENTS. Thier law breaking, illegal parents who brought them in this country knowing full well it could come to this. The other one you can blame is Obama, who gave them false hope and set them up with a system that wasn't legally done.

Trump is giving the do-nothing Congress a chance to finally earn their pay and get this problem fixed once and for all.

I just hope the do-nothing Congress actually acts with the benefit of American citizens for a change. Here's hoping, at least.
Of course their Parents brought them here in hopes of a better life ....... Honestly, I would do the same thing.
Obama didn't just "give them false hope" .... he Un-Constituionally said they could "stay" and all you have to do to stay is Register with a Federal Data Base, Pay over $200 per year - and "Hope" that nobody figures out that MY Policy is Un-Constitutional and since you are in a Federal Data Base ........ they know who you are/where you are - AND they might come and Deport you.

The Obama ignored the FACT that it is the US Congress that passes Law.
The Obama ignored the FACT that we have Separation of Powers & a President can NOT Nullify US Law.

The Leftists don't CARE. They don't CARE that Obama exceeded his Authority, that Obama ignored his OATH of Office, they don't even CARE that TeamObama convinced all these people to put themselves at risk by entering into a Non Legal Data Base of "who" they are and "where" they live.

ONLY Congress can come up with a solution ...... and they clearly have no intension at this point in doing so.
Kick the can down the road is the SOP & has been their policy for years.

The Rubber is about to meet the road. We either have a Nation of LAW or we don't.
It's a time for choosing and President Trump didn't choose this Road, it was forced on him.

Old 09-05-2017, 08:15 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
It's terrible, what's happening to them. Truly awful.

So quick question, then: what are we to make of their PARENTS, for putting them in this position???
Kind of makes them pure scum, doesn't it?????

I'd be po'ed at my mom for doing this to me.

Blame her, not the federal government for making laws that what she did was a crime, well before she brought you here making you a criminal too upon entry. Ignorance is no defense.
Now, the kids are the victim of their mothers action's(child abuse). They can go back to their country of origin and make it like what they experience in the USA.

Old 09-05-2017, 08:16 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
We are a nation of laws for some. As long as some are not held to them, I support a system where no one is.
We are a nation of laws. We are not governed by executive impulses, whether or not you agree with it.

This is not Cuba, where Raúl Castro arbitrarily decides what websites his people can see, or Venezuela where Maduro created a mock referendum to change the legislative branch, or Mexico, where the rule of law makes justice difficult, or any other Latin American country where leaders act impulsively. Someone should have told Obama this.

Old 09-05-2017, 08:17 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
How about this? If you don't get rid of the illegal aliens, I won't vote for you!

Old 09-05-2017, 08:19 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,285,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post

So enforcing existing US law is wicked ? Who knew?

You hystericals act like some new draconian law is being introduced by the evil GOP. Get over it. All that is being done is already existing US law that has been previously largely ignored is now being enforced. And Obama had 8 yrs to change this and did nothing .

Old 09-05-2017, 08:19 PM

5,701 posts, read 3,223,098 times
Default Dreamers aren't going anywhere

Trump is bluffing. He will reinstate DACA in 6 months if no bill is passed. Congress would call his bluff if they are smart. His latest tweet confirms this. Trump playing chess while Congress playing Checkers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies