Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote to forfeit 800,000 American job opportunities?
Sure, why not? We are generous. 46 34.07%
No! Are you crazy? 76 56.30%
I don't care. 13 9.63%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2017, 09:47 AM

2,112 posts, read 1,140,284 times

Advertisements

Crowder, failed comedian turned pundit who is shallow and completely ignorant of politics.

The Kim Kardashian of pundits, I'll pass, there are much better sources of what DACA is than some hack on youtube

Old 09-06-2017, 09:50 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I wish more people who did it "the right way" would stand up and make their voices heard. This is a huge slap in the faces of all who did what you did...
I did it the right way, and taking into consideration the situation was not due to their actions, it is no slap in the face to me or any other Naturalized Citizen.
Congress will make it Law, and then it will be done the right way, better now

Old 09-06-2017, 09:58 AM

3,356 posts, read 1,232,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Expat View Post
The base point is that this was an unconstitutional Executive Order Obama had no authority as President to enact. President Trump did the correct and constitutional act of repealing this Executive Branch overreach. The Legislature can easily pass a law incorporating this or some version of it if they like.
What made it unconstitutional? I believe that is the current debate.
It is true that it would be the preferred thing to have Congress enact immigration, but they couldn't get their act together after trying for almost ten years, so Obama did it as a stop gap measure.

Old 09-06-2017, 09:59 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
My girlfriend came over here from Thailand, all by herself. Left her entire family. worked very hard, very hard, put herself thru school and college....while living with extended family. She became a citizen of the U.S., she was determined and felt it a Privilege to do so. It took her many years, of hard work, she never once collected welfare or leached off the system....she at one time had 3 jobs, and was never out of work, the moment she lost a job, she would go out and get another.

All this time, these dreamers could have done the same, and there are others of Mexican decent who are American citizens and proud of it....and are against all this as well....why, b/c they respect the laws, and believe in them.

Our government did nothing but slap them in the face....

They would have never even thought of disobeying the laws of this land....

so, now, b/c so so so many illegals from all nations are coming into this country, they are learning, that it's hurting us more than helping the rich...

and they want to start putting these laws, back in order....and it's about damn time, b/c what this has done, was dictate to our society that it's ok to break laws for convenience....and if no one believes me, sit and watch how many people blow thru red lights, how many people are using their phones while driving, and now think it's ok to smoke weed and drive....you have people over here who are stealing out kids, selling them into child labor camps or worse...breaking the laws, feel it's ok to protest, to burn down buildings and over turn cars....what this has done was lead us down a road of lawlessness...."the trickle down effect"

Oh yeah, it took 30 - 45 years, but it happened.

We should be much farther along intellectually and we are not? We should be the number one nation in the world, but we are not.
So the DACA decree basically slapped your girlfriend in the face and those supporting it are giving her and all those like her the big middle finger and calling them idiots for wasting all that time and money to do things the legal way.
I'd be infuriated if I were in her position.

It's time for all those who disagree with DACA and ANYONE getting a free pass to voice their opinions just like they did several years ago when amnesty was proposed, soundly defeating that idea.

Old 09-06-2017, 10:00 AM

32,087 posts, read 34,676,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikithetiki View Post
Yep and say goodbye to the USA, Mexico 2.0 here we come!
What is the budgetary impact of the average professional living in NYC?

Old 09-06-2017, 10:04 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,414,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Republicans in congress are speaking out against Trump's DACA decision. Don't try to spin this as "only leftist". Even Trump said he might flip on the decision.

“DACA has made sense to me”: Republican lawmakers pledge to support DACA over Trump - Salon.com

Both Republican leaders of Congress, House Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wisc., and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., have also spoken out against ending DACA

Then they have six months to make these kids legal!

Under DACA they were little more than indentured servants. They were granted work permits and no deportation. And just in case - the "D" stands for deferred until congress could pass real reform.

Old 09-06-2017, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I did it the right way, and taking into consideration the situation was not due to their actions, it is no slap in the face to me or any other Naturalized Citizen.
Congress will make it Law, and then it will be done the right way, better now
The law already exists, hence it's illegal. Amnesty would certainly be a slap in the face...

Old 09-06-2017, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
Probably the same issue moderates and many conservatives have with Trump's DACA decision, that he's going after kids who did nothing wrong
He's not doing any such thing, he IS in fact forcing Congress to address an illegal situation created by Obama and his pen before it went to court and got knocked down.
THAT would have been bad as there'd be no waiting period...

Old 09-06-2017, 10:30 AM

17,338 posts, read 11,262,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
The U.S. will become majority-minority even if you removed all undocumented immigrants and completely shut down immigration. That horse has already left the stable.

Minority babies (barely) the majority among U.S. infants | Pew Research Center
I won't care either way but just because that's the trend now, it doesn't mean it will be in the future. I remember when the African American community was suppose to gain greatly in numbers because they were having more babies by far than whites. That never happened and their percentage of the population has remained stable for a long time.
The same could happen with Hispanics. Don't count your chickens before they've hatched.

Old 09-06-2017, 10:35 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Main issue is multi-generation Americans are rapidly leaving the Democrat Party so their only option is to go all out for immigrant votes by standing for open borders and citizenship for anyone who enters the nation. Democrats have pinned all their hopes on changing demographics and GOP control is a huge threat to that plan as most immigration in the future would be educated Asians and Third World evangelical Christians.

This post is so full of hyperbole and falsehoods - it's hardly worth addressing.

But let me try - NO ONE is for 'OPEN BORDERS". At least not anyone I'm aware of. Not wanting a costly wall that won't do one damn thing doesn't mean anyone wants 'open borders". A lie right wingers like to spread.

And 'citizenship for anyone who enters the nation" is another total and complete lie.

But - I do commend your honesty in predicting the GOP"s desire for an evangelical nation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
There's nothing congress hates more than having to vote on a controversial bill. We need term limits bad.
Word. Even Obama said Congress needed to take action on this issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies