Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote to forfeit 800,000 American job opportunities?
Sure, why not? We are generous. 46 34.07%
No! Are you crazy? 76 56.30%
I don't care. 13 9.63%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2017, 12:47 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,712,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The ball is in congress's court now.. not Trump.
Right. But Trump could have undone Obama's EO and chose not to. He's rooting for the DACA Dreamers!

Old 09-14-2017, 12:47 PM

8,312 posts, read 3,929,182 times
Quote:
You dems are funny. You are cutting your own throats and don't know it.
Maybe but you dodge the point. If you hate living in America, why are you staying here? Don't follow the logic. Russia might be a better type of country is all I am saying, I think their immigration stance is a lot more in line with yours.

Old 09-14-2017, 12:49 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
What are you guys afraid of? A little immigrant competition? I am now retired and never had any problem with immigrants competing for jobs I wanted. Seems to me you guys want the competition reduced so a better qualified immigrant cannot compete with you for the good jobs. It seems to be OK to you if the highly qualified immigrant has to take the lousy jobs so long as the less qualified you can have the good ones even of you cannot do the work.
They have been constantly trying to sell the idea that the landscaper who takes care of the yards in the neighborhoods and the ladies who takes care of the 84 year old grandmothers in a nursing home are the real threats to this nation and will bring the entire economy down.
They blame those same people for the size of their paychecks while never bothering to question the person who signed the check and gave it to them.
Very strange logic, if you ask me.

Utter fools and duplicitous liers.

Old 09-14-2017, 12:50 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,712,881 times
Quote:
Talk is cheap..
What does that mean? Trump did a 180 on DACA and you don't want to acknowledge that. He's now tweeting in favor of the dreamers and appears to be ditching the idea of the wall. You voted for him. Are you okay with all that?

Old 09-14-2017, 12:53 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
No I am not.. if Trump allows DACA to continue this is the end of our country. Period . We are officlally globalists and a future third world country . Cause and effect. keep giving illegals a reason to come here.. the children will pour in and the schools will be loaded with illegals pushing our taxes up .

Schools are funded by local taxes. Think deeper if you can. Bring in 20 more people into your home and see if your standard of living goes down if you have to foot the bill. You would starve if you were last to eat. This is now America.
So, who is he trying to appease by refusing to enforce the law? The illegals?

Old 09-14-2017, 12:56 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,223,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
And it would have if congress had funded the measures that Reagan had incorporated into the bill to prevent such from happening again. You should have at least a basic knowledge of what your talking about.

There is no problem passing legislation that would shut the door on future illegal immigration from the southern border and making it clear that there will never be another DACA or anchor baby. Both sides support such measures. It just takes funding and good clear, solid legislation. You'd still have illegal immigration problems but it would come from the 40% of the Euros and Chinese who come to the country on visas and never leave. Based on the many posts on illegal immigration, I see that as a continuing problem as none of the anti-immigration people and DACA haters have any issues with that for some reason. All the focus is on the people coming from the southern border in the next country over.
That's where all the hate is directed. I often wonder why that is?
I've already explained it. You become a focused target when you make yourself a focusable target by uniting, holding rallies, demanding rights and benefits, petitioning officials, and using immigrant advocacy organizations to promote your agenda.

And maybe you should get your facts straight on overstays. Most overstays are from North America. The top three countries in overstays are Canada (93000), Mexico (42000), and Brazil (35000).
Homeland Security produces first estimate of foreign visitors to U.S. who overstay deadline to leave | Pew Research Center

With 170,000 overstays coming from south of the border, I'm sure any crackdown on that would be seen by you as equally racist. Be careful what you wish for...

Old 09-14-2017, 12:59 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Right. But Trump could have undone Obama's EO and chose not to. He's rooting for the DACA Dreamers!
He Is becoming everything he criticized Obama for.

Old 09-14-2017, 01:01 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,229,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Let's wait and see where the flip flop lands. If he follows through, then props to him, but the way he changes positions multiple times a day I'm not holding my breath.
Exactly.

Old 09-14-2017, 01:02 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
//
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
LMAO, allowing 800k people to remain in the same country where they have already been living for years or decades would mean the end of the US. The snowflakes are having a meltdown today.
Keep believing that.. there is now an uptick of illegal kids coming over again.. didn't you know.? this is the magnet to come here, get welfare, have babies for more money and drain our tax dollars.

I have substantial money to live on. I am not thinking of myself. I have seen what has happened to the small towns when the last factory moved out . One fellow I know told me a secretarial job opened up in his town in upstate NY. Over 200 people lined up to get the job.

People who live in towns where the main street stores are all closed is all too common. No money. I rode many roads in the US and saw poverty . Factories rotting away . Homes decaying. People living with no hope at all. Go out in the boonies and see. That is where Americans used to have a good life working, 70 thousand factories gone. .. you obviously have no idea the decay around our country. I have seen it too many times.

If Trump puts illegals first , it will be the end. I don't have many more years to see what will go on and I know that we are headed for a one world government and many will support the path to destroy themselves. That you can bank on. It will be a done deal.

Old 09-14-2017, 01:03 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
When international finance is considered we ALREADY HAVE one world government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies