Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote to forfeit 800,000 American job opportunities?
Sure, why not? We are generous. 46 34.07%
No! Are you crazy? 76 56.30%
I don't care. 13 9.63%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2017, 09:01 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,297,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
I have to agree with Old Glory who has made himself or Herself a export on this topic. Liberal in their history has perfected Racism and deflection from the real facts.
The fact is Dreamers are Illegal Immigrants by definition. Period. Because of the poor choice of their parents who should been deport years ago, they sit in Limbo.

Trump ran on make America Great Again. Not opening our borders up to the free and enslaved world.

Dreamers should be made example of due to the fact that SA continue to dump their kids at our door step.

Their is many stories from two Teenage Girls from Guatemala to the infamous Mexican Dump Kids. This is sad, but what is These same countries doing about the problem?

The Billions of dollars we spend on Illegals is hard to swallow and that money could go to Real Americans in need.

America First!
Auto-correct or a Freudian slip, but exporting Old Glory, has some merit.

Just couldn't resist.

Old 09-02-2017, 09:06 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,274,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
How would you feel being sent to a country you didn't identify with since you have lived in this country most of your life. Do any of you even get that.

if my parents by force took me to a country illegally with them as a minor and get busted and deported then I would blame my parents for that dumb move and move on. Life goes on.

You know how many times I had to move in my childhood because of my parent's job and divorce?.......I didn't have the federal government come to the rescue. I dealt with it and adapted. It's called growing up and making the best out of it.......the federal government didn't own me a damn thing because of my parent's decisions.

So are immigrants Legal and Illegal who take their kids out of their native country and bring them here to a new country that they have to learn a new language and culture, are they "heartless" and those kids being abused????????

your argument is weak.

Old 09-02-2017, 09:07 PM

32,069 posts, read 15,072,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
Because breaking laws have consequences for the parent and children.

If I entered China ILLEGALLY with my 5-year-old son and I get busted 10 years later, China will deport me with my child back to the U.S.A....How is that inhumane?........it's my fault that I put myself and my child in that position. That is not China's problem.

So you are saying it's "heartless" for a President to send them to a country that they don't even know?........are parents "heartless" when they move to a country with a different language and culture and their kids come with them? you don't make any sense at all. Kids must go and be where their parents are at unless their parents are abusive.

I have a friend that was brought from Puerto Rico country side at the age of 14 years old to New York City. Different language, different culture, new school, new friends and new everything......are the parents "heartless" for bringing that change to their son?

the lame excuses from the left just are pathetic.........if a parent gets deported and he brought his kids illegally in the country, they stay together when they go back home........how is that inhumane?

Inhumane is to deport the parent and keep the children here tied into the system at taxpayers expense and seperate them both......minors should be with their parents.....isn't that what the Clinton Administration did with Elian Gonzalez when he was brought from Cuba by no choice of his own to the U.S.A by his mother that died at sea and he was stuck here in the system?.......Clinton returned him to his father.......same scenario here.

What are you talking about. They grew up here and know the language and culture. It's the home they know. And now you want to take it away from them. Sorry, it's cruel and disgusting. We are supposed to be the land of the free. Trump has flipped flopped and lied.

Old 09-02-2017, 09:14 PM

Quote:
What are you talking about. They grew up here and know the language and culture. It's the home they know. And now you want to take it away from them. Sorry, it's cruel and disgusting. We are supposed to be the land of the free. Trump has flipped flopped and lied.

so!!!! they are minors and they go wherever their parents are.

Answer this question and don't dodge the question:

If all immigrants with their kids come to the U.S.A LEGAL or ILLEGAL are they being cruel and its disgusting for taking them out of their own country and bringing them here to a new country?.......remember that's the only country those kids know their entire lives their native country.

or this is just a 1 sided argument?

Old 09-02-2017, 09:19 PM

32,069 posts, read 15,072,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
so!!!! they are minors and they go wherever their parents are.

Answer this question and don't dodge the question:

If all immigrants with their kids come to the U.S.A LEGAL or ILLEGAL are they being cruel and its disgusting for taking them out of their own country and bringing them here to a new country?.......remember that's the only country those kids know their native country.

or this is just a 1 sided argument?
We are a nation built on immigrants. Some didn't speak English when they came here...but they learned and assimilated. I'm talking about DACA. I'm not sure what you are talking about. You seem to be getting off topic.

Old 09-02-2017, 10:22 PM

Quote:
We are a nation built on immigrants. Some didn't speak English when they came here...but they learned and assimilated. I'm talking about DACA. I'm not sure what you are talking about. You seem to be getting off topic.

No, you are with the double standards......we are a Nation of Laws.

Your argument is if you deport the parents with their children back to their native country that is cruel and inhumane because those kids have no choice and are going back to a country they know nothing about.

My response to your argument that you seemed to not get is that's the same thing scenario when immigrants come here and bring their kids, the kids have no choice, they have to go where their parents go and learn a new language and culture......why is it humane when they come here and inhumane when they have to be deported back with their parents to their native country?

One more time, If I entered China or any country in the world including Mexico illegally with my kid and I get busted years later I will be deported with my kid back to the USA, how is that inhumane? Those are the consequences my kid pays for my decision of breaking the laws of a sovereign country. That is not China's or Mexico's problem but mine.

the American taxpayers don't own anything to these kids that entered our country illegally with their parents. Laws are laws.

Old 09-02-2017, 11:17 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,595,236 times
Does anyone really think Trump gives a fig about whether his words or actions cause more tensions, hardship and hostility from people in this country? He will go against all good advice, if it pleases his whims and turn even more people against the Republicans, who will be holding the empty bag he will leave them. His decision about DACA will not be based on anything resembling reason, compassion or political savvy.

Old 09-02-2017, 11:17 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,218,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Not all republicans oppose Trump when it comes to DACA.

Some GOP lawmakers are battling Trump and their party on DACA | TheHill

From the above link:

Most of the Republicans challenging Trump are targets of Democrats seeking to win back the House next year and represent districts that will help determine the House majority.
Lindsey Graham? From South Carolina? I doubt he will be at risk of losing to a democrat. Orrin Hatch from Utah? Yeah, right. Speaker Paul Ryan? Won his last election handily with 65% of the vote. A number Trump can only dream of. They've got mandates that are orders of magnitude higher than Trump's and they are butting heads with him on this issue. What does that indicate?

Old 09-02-2017, 11:26 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,218,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Does anyone really think Trump gives a fig about whether his words or actions cause more tensions, hardship and hostility from people in this country? He will go against all good advice, if it pleases his whims and turn even more people against the Republicans, who will be holding the empty bag he will leave them. His decision about DACA will not be based on anything resembling reason, compassion or political savvy.
Agreed.

Old 09-02-2017, 11:50 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,007,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
Lindsey Graham? From South Carolina? I doubt he will be at risk of losing to a democrat. Orrin Hatch from Utah? Yeah, right. Speaker Paul Ryan? Won his last election handily with 65% of the vote. A number Trump can only dream of. They've got mandates that are orders of magnitude higher than Trump's and they are butting heads with him on this issue. What does that indicate?
They are RINOs. Graham has a nickname --- Lindsay Grahamnesty. No surprise that he supports rewarding illegal aliens. I'm not surprised to see Hatch on that list either. Notice that the article said most of the republicans on that list, not all, are being challenged.

You still haven't proven that most Americans want DACA to continue.

I can't understand why any American would support rewarding illegals in any way, shape or form.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies