Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote to forfeit 800,000 American job opportunities?
Sure, why not? We are generous. 46 34.07%
No! Are you crazy? 76 56.30%
I don't care. 13 9.63%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2017, 07:50 AM

62,972 posts, read 29,162,429 times

Advertisements

I hope that Trump does the right thing and ends DACA. No grandfathering in any of them. They return to being deportable aliens.

Old 09-03-2017, 07:57 AM

62,972 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
The DACAS are ageing out of college, there probably aren't many left to go to school. And yes, 700k total is a small number considering we get more than a million total immigrants a year.

But that's the point. Allowing them to remain here would negate our sane annual quotas for legal immigration. Also, that's 700,000 jobs and/or college seats, military enlistments that should go to Americans. More drain on our social and natural resources also. One of my questions is, why would these DACAs want to remain here while their parents are deported? I thought not separating families was a big concern to illegal aliens and their supporters.

Old 09-03-2017, 08:10 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,132,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
If we're a nation of laws, why isn't Joe Arpaio going to jail after being convicted??
Come on, don't schools teach anything anymore? Per the Constitution, Article 2, Section 2, the President has the power to pardon: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pardon Again, we are a nation of laws. It pretty simple and straight forward. I believe most or all of the presidents have used this power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
DACA needs to go. Rewarding lawlessness just breeds more lawlessness.
And, giving amnesty to illegals aliens is what caused more and more to pour in making the mess we have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Just a note here, while it looks as if trump will get rid of it, have to play to his base, the reality is Congress has an issue with ending it and as such will probably override any action that ends it.

As for them being illegals, I will remind some here that these children had no choice in the matter and most have little, if any, connection to the country of their birth, would You want to be deported to a country you have no recollection of having even been to? Before the whiners jump in here about their Parents actions, I will remind you that as a Nation that claims to believe in Justice we do not punish the children of those that break the rules, that is something the North Koreans do, not Americans.
It is not a matter of "paying to his base", but allowing ICE to do their job. ICE was established to carry out the execution of certain laws.

So, you expect Congress to pass legislation over DACA? Keep in mind that next year, some will be up for re-election. This was done by EO, and if not renewed, it is gone. Trump is being pressured into a decision as some republican state officials are preparing to sue over it not being constitutional, which I believe it is not.

Children never have a choice. We have over 2 million citizens in the prison system, many of their children are in foster care, others have been severed and adopted by the time the parents come out. Many children are abused, neglected and exploited by their parents. The type of education you get, one's safety, etc. all depend on what the parents do. Children don't have a choice in any matter, parents are liable and that is where the blame should be placed. Families should be returned to their countries as a unit. This is what illegal aliens have said, that they want to keep their families together. We want that too, just in their country of origin.

So, what you are proposing is that any time the actions of the parents impact negatively on the children, we should overlook it. No, it doesn't work that way.

I'm writing my congress people right now asking them to not support the extension of DACA.

As Americans, one of the things that have made our country great is law enforcement.

Old 09-03-2017, 08:13 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,761,394 times
Thumbs up Trump will have Senate and Congress decide on DACA!

All the President has to do is let DACA expire and have congress and Senate make a bill regarding border security and DACA.

Sounds easy but we know it isn't.

President Trump is brilliant if he lets congress and senate come up with something and show the Nation who the losers are!

Old 09-03-2017, 08:20 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,944,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
All the President has to do is let DACA expire and have congress and Senate make a bill regarding border security and DACA.

Sounds easy but we know it isn't.

President Trump is brilliant if he lets congress and senate come up with something and show the Nation who the losers are!
In other words he has no idea what to do or is afraid his decision will bite him, not what I would call a real leader. The good thing to come out of this is Congress will do the right thing and leave it in place, and the far right can go back to whining about it.

Old 09-03-2017, 08:21 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Oh...I'm glad Hillary lost. It is you who needs to "get over it". In fact, you come across as being bitter about her losing. I wasn't happy when Obama won but I did give him a chance and I moved on with my life.

You know darn well that Trump didn't say all Mexicans were rapists and murderers. So, why repeat the lie?

You've got it wrong. It was Obama who was the most divisive president. Hillary would have just continued with the same old, same old.

What "racial resentment" are you yammering about? If he did that, then explain why he had people of different races, religions and ethnicities supporting him.

All I can think of is that you are confusing being anti-illegal immigration with "racial resentment". Trust me on this, many who came here legally and became naturalized citizens voted for Trump. Do you know why? It's because they obeyed our immigration laws and patiently awaited their turn to come here. They don't like those who broke our immigration laws.

"Illegal alien" is not a race. I don't know about you but I don't care where in the world an illegal is from. Nor do I care if they got here by overstaying a visa or sneaking across the border. They all have one thing in common and that is this --- they have no business being here and need to leave.
It is you who are wrong, as per usual.

Many in the Republican party have pronounced DJT as the most divisive president ever. That's his own party, yes? When YOUR OWN party says you are the most divisive president - then perhaps DJT should try and listen.

He has not made one effort to be President for all Americans; he has catered to his base of idiocy and that's it. Again, a charge made by his own party - not by Democrats.

IF you chose to be blind - that's on you.

The rest of America can see that there is no man behind the curtain. We are being governed by a man with the mentality of a ten year old child.

Old 09-03-2017, 08:23 AM

1,184 posts, read 720,828 times
They came in as an illegal family they can all be deported as an illegal family. They aren't kids anymore.

Old 09-03-2017, 08:25 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,323,443 times
Id hate to be one of these kids who grew up in America and are now being threatened with being returned to a country they know nothing about and dont even know the language.

Old 09-03-2017, 08:43 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,494,081 times
Each DACA person can have a different expiration date because their individual DACA lasts 3 years before it requires a renewal for that person. After renewal, the new expiration date is 36 months later.

If Trump stops allowing renewals, then he has stopped the program gradually as each person's expiration date occurs. If he does it this way, then it's via Trump's decision/action to stop the program, not congress.

Old 09-03-2017, 08:43 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Id hate to be one of these kids who grew up in America and are now being threatened with being returned to a country they know nothing about and dont even know the language.
Odds are those people have grown up with their original language and extended family. They can return to their home country and do well with their US education.

They can also apply for an entry Visa and citizenship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies