Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote to forfeit 800,000 American job opportunities?
Sure, why not? We are generous. 46 34.07%
No! Are you crazy? 76 56.30%
I don't care. 13 9.63%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2017, 08:06 AM

39,077 posts, read 51,252,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Nope, he passed the Buck to Congress who will continue the program and trump will sign off on it.
Trump did not pass the buck. The "buck" belongs to Congress in the first place and they did not choose to pass the Dream Act that was popular with most Americans but not with the minority of voters who can influence Republican primaries. The reason some republican members of Congress called on Trump to not repeal DACA is because they are political cowards who don't want to have to vote on it. Well, now they will or they will watch as Trump deports young people we paid thousands to educate, are productive members of the only society they know and have no affinity for the nations their parents brought them from. Do the right thing or pander to the bigoted rot in our nation. It's a tough choice for a Republican, but it's the job they signed up for.

Old 09-04-2017, 08:11 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,023,656 times
Reportedly Trump is going to end DACA this week with a 6 month pause to give congress time to act. If they don't act it will go away.

So, back to where it should have been from the start. The major road block is going to be what it's always been, seal the border FIRST.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...igrants-242301

Old 09-04-2017, 08:14 AM

35,710 posts, read 21,076,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
And you do?
anonymous or not- won't answer what I know and why I know - but trust me- I know it up close- and no-- I was born in Miami Beach- I am a native.

Old 09-04-2017, 08:14 AM

62,975 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Why is he brilliant if he wants to get rid of DACA folks and Congress decides not to.

That would be one more failure to add to his vast list.

I love how you authoritarians define "win"....
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right-...thoritarianism

He put that program where it belongs and that is in the laps of congress not via EO like Obama did. Whatever the outcome he did the right thing. It is only congress that can fail now by voting it into law as it's not in the best interests of the American people. From what I understand Trump can lawfully veto it and he will.

Old 09-04-2017, 08:15 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,685,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpydove View Post
That is the problem of their loser parents for breaking the law in the first place. Your bleeding heart should weep for American children.
Sorry, but many Americans have made the wrong decisions - such as not getting educated, substance abuse, etc.

Providence helps those who help themselves - haven't I heard that from responsible members of the right for many years?

Yet I am supposed to feel bad for wife beating meth and opiate addicts because they are "American"?

How very silly. A country is not a club (well, Trump being the exception....his country is his clubs)...it is a set of ideas to aspire to. From what I read of these particular immigrants, they have the American Dream.

These people likely don't.
One family. Four generations of disability benefits. Will it continue?The number of homes with multiple recipients has risen, especially among the poor. | The Washington Post

"Rural communities, where on average 9.1 percent of working-age people are on disability — nearly twice the urban rate and 40 percent higher than the national average"

I do worry about Americans who are unable to break the cycles of addiction, but at the same time I champion immigrants who espouse the original ideals of the US.

Old 09-04-2017, 08:15 AM

1,111 posts, read 1,183,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Good. 1 less incentive for illegals.
Yeah, those pesky illegals that had the gaul to be involuntarily born here.

Edit - a word

Last edited by Jabronie; 09-04-2017 at 08:28 AM..

Old 09-04-2017, 08:16 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,685,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpydove View Post
That is the problem of their loser parents for breaking the law in the first place. Your bleeding heart should weep for American children.
Sure, because if you were Jewish and in Europe prior to WWII you wouldn't have taken ANY steps to get your children to a safer place.....and, as a result, they would be non-existent.

The fact that you are here today likely means that some of your ancestors cared a lot more than you do.

Old 09-04-2017, 08:18 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,275,650 times
Federal Court rulings against the Obama Executive Action Memos probably has a lot to do with it.
Fact of the matter is - DACA is against US Immigration Law. Congress has to get off their lazy rear ends, fine their backbone and "change" the Law if they want DACA.

I expect the US Attorney General is well aware of all that - the previous US Attorney General did not go through with their appeal of the Federal Court order and there must be a reason for that.
The Appeal would fail - it's the job of Congress to amend the current law.

Old 09-04-2017, 08:21 AM

34,066 posts, read 17,096,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
So much for speculation Sessions was on his way out. I never believed it. I think Sessions has a lot going on behind the scenes that we don't know about because there are no leaks.
An AG pushing for laws to be followed. So novel after Lynch, I agree.

Old 09-04-2017, 08:29 AM

62,975 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Uh......unless they are citizens they don't vote.

(I know, I know - Fake news to be inserted after my post)....

A real question - of which we have the answer already - is "What Would Ronald Reagan do?".

Just to keep this debate going, I'll ask my rightie friends to answer that question...

Reagan regretted signing that amnesty since the border wasn't secured as promised. He also thought only 300,000 would come forward for it and it ended up being 3 million. So in answer to your question no he wouldn't do it again if he were alive today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies