Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2017, 03:36 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,451,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
Nope. The president has a higher standard. He has a responsibility to ensure that the words that pop out of his mouth reflect the views of the people. People should be able to take him at face value. Now we know that everyone believes that Houston experienced a beautiful thing, and, given that they have nothing, they should "have a good time."

Point made.
Class dismissed ... rollie eyes back at you.
Hmmm..you made a point..just not the one you think.

Old 09-02-2017, 03:36 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,123,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
The words of a man who has never in his life suffered a moment of hardship. He has absolutely no concept of what it's like to live in a shelter, having lost everything. His parting words as he left the shelter were, "Have a good time." Yeah, fun times! What a moronic thing to say.

He continues to be an embarrassment to all thinking Americans. I cringe to think the world see this fool as a representative of my country.
Excellent post.

/thread

Old 09-02-2017, 03:40 PM

26,580 posts, read 14,485,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
She said she had not discussed this with him.
so sanders was just making it up on thursday when she said the donation would be from trump's "personal money"?

Old 09-02-2017, 03:45 PM

7,490 posts, read 4,969,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
What is reported internationally is decided by media and reporters and they slant the reporting to their bias. So whose fault is it really? Why do they deem it their responsibility or factually accurate to report that "Trump has no human connection to the people?" Haters hate. The OP article had a YUGE bias.
I understand that the USA president has convinced people in his country that news is fake. The results of his doublespeak are sadly obvious, but the rest of the world is fortunate in that they can and do trust reporters.

Believe it or not, people look at the USA with sadness at how a country that was once great has lost everything in such a short time. It's a bit shocking. The assumption is that there are too many people who are just like Trump, as that is the only way that he could have been elected. The mask of the country has been stripped away and all that is seen now is the true face of millions of trump-minded people - a sad realization. Trump has completely erased the respect the country once had.

Old 09-02-2017, 03:45 PM

8,702 posts, read 11,105,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I watched Trump live on Fox instead of waiting for edited clips and knew he'd get flack from propaganda media. They are blinded by hate, looking with a microscope to spin everything Trump says and does to further their never ending campaign to divide America.

I knew exactly what he meant. Everyone was working together, supporting each other for a cause greater than themselves, instead of the usual false media narrative of division and victimization. I didn't see or hear screaming kids, as you'd expect in that situation. They all seemed happy playing with new friends, dazzled by the mountain of toys from donations. It probably seemed like Christmas to them! Children are always drawn to Grandpa Trump as we've seen in the rallies, and this visit was no different. Several ran over to him for a hug and selfies.

As usual, the Looney Left in their Mass Hysteria Bubble takes everything literally. Subtlety isn't their strong suit.
++repped

Old 09-02-2017, 03:47 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,817,961 times
Quote:
I understand that the USA president has convinced people in his country that news is fake. The results of his doublespeak are sadly obvious, but the rest of the world is fortunate in that they can and do trust reporters.

Believe it or not, people look at the USA with sadness at how a country that was once great has lost everything in such a short time. It's a bit shocking. The assumption is that there are too many people who are just like Trump, as that is the only way that he could have been elected. The mask of the country has been stripped away and all that is seen now is the true face of millions of trump-minded people - a sad realization. Trump has completely erased the respect the country once had.
Oh dear. You are not worth the effort. "Have a good time."

Old 09-02-2017, 03:52 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,715,054 times
So many idiots on here. I watched the live coverage. I knew exactly he meant. Leave it up to the spinmasters at the Fake News to take it outta context and promote their hatred.

Old 09-02-2017, 03:55 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,459,741 times
Quote:
The problem with pretending that Trump has done and said something other than what is factually known is that his actions and words are described exactly the same globally. This isn't one lefty saying something that righties don't like, but rather accurate reporting of his inability to connect with the devastation that people in Houston have experienced.
Ultimately, the only judgement of Trump's Administration with regard to Harvey that matters is that of the people of Houston......not the world.

However, he apparently has sufficient empathy and ability to connect with the devastation in Houston in order to mobilize and deliver massive resources of the federal government faster than we have seen in the past. As long as that continues, I doubt most Houstonian's care whether or not he shows up to kiss babies.

I for one am grateful that we are so far not seeing the third world like Superdome fiasco we watched with Katrina.

Old 09-02-2017, 03:56 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,561,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_1976 View Post
I am sure you know this as well. There is nothing freaking "beautiful" about this hurricane or the recovery process either. You can try to spin it as much as you want but this guy just doesn't any vocabulary admit it.
As he is leaving he says "have a good time". I would assume everyone has a good time sitting and sleeping in a shelter after they have lost everything.

Old 09-02-2017, 03:57 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,109,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
so sanders was just making it up on thursday when she said the donation would be from trump's "personal money"?
Thursday:
Quote:
SARAH HUCKABEE SANDERS: Yes, I can. I had a chance to speak directly with the president earlier and I am happy to tell you that he would like to join in the efforts that a lot of the people we've seen across this country do and he's pledging a million dollars of personal money to the fund.
Quote:
Asked if Trump’s money would come from the Trump Foundation or the Trump Organization, Sanders responded: “He said he is personally going to give [the money]. I don’t know the legal part of that exactly…. He said his personal money.”
http://deadline.com/2017/08/donald-t...ng-1202159124/

Friday, according to ThinkProgress (which is the only source I can find with this take on the conversation, by the way):
Quote:
Asked by a reporter if she knew whether Trump’s donation would be “coming from his own money or from the Trump Foundation,” Sanders dodged.
“I haven’t had a chance to do that,” she said, suggesting she hadn’t yet had a chance to ask the president where the money would be coming from.
Now this, my friend, is conjecture. As opposed to real news.

Last edited by KathrynAragon; 09-02-2017 at 04:05 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies