Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2017, 06:24 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,091,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Unlike Cersei, Hillary wasn't forced to walk nude through the town with the nun following behind, ringing the bell and chanting, "Shame. Shame."

Whewww.
Now that is the real bullet that we dodged!

Old 09-14-2017, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Able Wager View Post
Yes, it's astounding this wasn't caught.

For those of you not familiar with the character, Cercei Lannister was married to a womanizing king. She secretly had been having an incestuous relationship with her brother, and all of her children are illegitimate and born of incest.

She is completely and utterly obsessed with power and being queen. She engages in a variety of political schemes. She continually complains about how she should have been born a man because woman aren't respected. While she is obsessed with power, she is also not nearly as clever as she thinks she is.

Interestingly, the "shame, shame, shame" walk of shame Cersei was subjected to by religious zealots, that Hillary referenced, only occurred because cersei gave the religious zealots power thinking it would benefit her.
I have a hard time comparing Jaimie to Web Hubbel.

Last edited by Cruzincat; 09-14-2017 at 06:44 AM..

Old 09-14-2017, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Really dodged a bullet there!
Beat me too it!

Old 09-14-2017, 06:31 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,035,206 times
Conservative authors always scream and cry and whine about Amazon's ratings and ranking list.

There was a church leader in Suwanee Georgia that wrote a book for a series he was doing out of his church. The church bought some 500 books or something -- via Amazon for the series. So for a second Amazon sales had his book as best seller in the religious teachings category. When Amazon noticed that there was one order that delivered that ranking, they took them off the top selling rank. The church and its followers went crazy screaming about being denied religious freedom, the left trying to erase religion. Blah Blah Blah.

None of that was true. Amazon's and most best selling lists, do not allow mass purchases of that kind. Rightfully so. While these lists aren't set in stone -- they do provide a certain guideline & the church buying the book for their own purposes, well doesn't exactly reflect honestly the 'best selling' aspect. But it sure did give them people some fuel for their fire.

Old 09-14-2017, 06:39 AM

3,212 posts, read 1,654,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
CENSORSHIP. It is the LEFTIST, Totalitarian way. Of course they want to silence anything, and everything they don't like.
Is Amazon part of the government? I don't think so. That's why I'm not upset over them selling Mein Kampf.

Old 09-14-2017, 07:05 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,087,365 times
I listened to some of her interviews yesterday as the new memoir hits the shelves. Also recognize that these comments are coming from someone who is appalled by what we have in the WH now.

Sorry to pick on her physical appearance...she does look healthier (*less run down), but what's with that hair do? Reminds me of someone who is in the dementia ward (no offense intended to anyone dealing with this terrible disease) and does nothing with their hair save for letting it grow straight, and cutting it off when it gets too long. Very bad choice, Hillary.

That laugh? To dismiss everything troubling her? Seems like she might have had, or is having, a breakdown. I can't blame her for all she has been through, but she appears off her rocker, and that stupid laugh, as if dismissing the reality of her situation, somehow changes it.

Russia....is there any doubt? She got blind sided. Very bad situation, but it happened and only time will set it straight.

Lying? Still, about so many things she almost makes The Donald look credible. Almost.

The server.....how poor a decision to have a private server with classified information and then trying to dismiss it with naiveté. Bad decision, all on her.

Politician? Takes it to a whole new low. Twisting every fact and scheme to try and make them sound innocent/credible. It didn't/isn't working, Hillary. Sorry.

Behavior....like still thinking she is somehow important. She was, and had a very credible mission to help the underserved in our nation. Very admirable, but somehow she got off track, discovered Wall Street money could make her very rich, and so she is. But also very dismissive as leaving any important footprint on our Nation. Arrogance. Sad.

And thankfully she is not in the White House. Probably better than what we have there now, but at least no one believes there is any credibility in having a tabloid star playing at being President. Had Hillary made it, we might have believed that she would have credibility. I just didn't see very much of that in her interviews.

Hillary is a broken person. Much of it seemingly of her own doing. Nothing I saw yesterday suggests that she has hit bottom. Maybe it is a process and these book/interview ramblings are part of the process.

Sad. For Her. For our Nation that we somehow ended up in this place, from which she wonders, smartly IMHO, whether we can ever recover.

I do have a letter from President Obama in which he implores me to trust the system. It is strong, tested, durable and healthy more than those over which it governs. Pray god that is so.

Old 09-14-2017, 07:09 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,650,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Here's a list of things Hillary blames for her defeat.

What Happened: The long list of who Hillary Clinton blames - BBC News

James Comey - "If not for the dramatic intervention of the FBI director in the final days we would have won the White House."

Vladimir Putin
- "I never imagined that he would have the audacity to launch a massive covert attack against our own democracy, right under our noses - and that he'd get away with it."

Barack Obama - "I do wonder sometimes about what would have happened if President Obama had made a televised address to the nation in the fall of 2016 warning that our democracy was under attack. Maybe more Americans would have woken up to the threat in time. "

The Media - "Many in the political media … can't bear to face their own role in helping elect Trump, from providing him free airtime to giving my emails three times more coverage than all the issues affecting people's lives combined."

Bernie Sanders (and his supporters) - "His attacks caused lasting damage, making it harder to unify progressives in the general election and paving the way for Trump's 'Crooked Hillary' campaign."

Jill Stein - "There were more than enough Stein voters to swing the result, just like Ralph Nader did in Florida and New Hampshire in 2000."

Sexism
- "This has to be said. Sexism and misogyny played a role in the 2016 presidential election. Exhibit A is that the flagrantly sexist candidate won."

White resentment - "He (Trump) was quite successful in referencing a nostalgia that would give hope, comfort, settle grievances, for millions of people who were upset about gains that were made by others … millions of white people."

Hillary Clinton - "You can blame the data, blame the message, blame anything you want - but I was the candidate. It was my campaign. Those were my decisions."

The Sunshine - "The Sun didn't come out on voting day and therefore many of my supporters stayed at home".

The Moonlight - "The Moon did not allign properly with the stars in order to secure my Victory".

The Good Times - "A lack of good times meant the American people were angry the the Democrat Party and therefore didn't vote for me".

The Boogie - "The Boogie just wasn't right and we all know that white middle class, middle aged, male America just can't boogie properly, indeed the boogie itself was sexist and misogynistic".
HAHAHAHA! Win!

The sunshine one was true, I think. Rachel Maddow used that as an excuse, I believe that the rainy weather stopped voters from coming out.

Old 09-14-2017, 07:11 AM

1,834 posts, read 2,696,968 times
Who owns Amazon? What media outlets including news, etc? does this person/group control?=what on line social groups/search engines does this person/group control?=See the big picture???

Old 09-14-2017, 07:15 AM

21,481 posts, read 10,588,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
so she's compared herself to a fictional character who has her political enemies killed
Yeah, I doubt Hillary came up with this comparison herself. I bet she doesn't watch or she wouldn't want to be compared to Cersei. Not only does she have her enemies killed, her own scheming brought control of King's Landing to the High Sparrow and caused her imprisonment and walk of shame.

Old 09-14-2017, 07:20 AM

21,481 posts, read 10,588,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Able Wager View Post
I have to assume Hillary was trying to be relevant and appear hip and with-it, while not actually being all that familiar with ASoIaF/Game of Thrones. Cersei is truly one of the worst possible characters she could compare herself to given her pre-existing reputation.
I know. Someone had to tell her that because if she ever watched the show or read the books, she wouldn't invite the comparison at all. Did she write it in her book, or say it on the tour? One wonders about her editors and handlers. Do they dislike her or are they as ignorant as her on this issue?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies