Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2017, 04:25 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,284,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
You could say the same for the whites who live in a trailer park trying to refill multiple opioid prescriptions while living on welfare. I have seen those too. Don't get me wrong, I understand what you are saying but it is not solvable on an internet forum or by government. The individual and the community must solve it. Some people will always go to the easiest response - racism.

No, not much is solvable on an internet forum, but that's not the purpose. As to your example, the white people on drugs in a trailer park are a minority of white society and are looked down upon by the majority of white people, without excuses for their behavior given.

Old 09-17-2017, 04:26 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,809,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
People say that jokingly at best. Whites make up 64% of the population, you would have to live in Hawaii to think that represents white culture.
I was joking too. I don't think there is an American white or black or other "culture" per se. People are individuals and some like or do things that others don't. People who like or do similar things congregate.

Old 09-17-2017, 04:29 PM

4,944 posts, read 2,941,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Your post shows that you aren't even reading what I am posting. Go back and read it honestly and without your projections on to what I say. Your last sentence shows that you fail to grasp the point of my thread.
I read your post just fine that is what I see your own fear of people who are different than you. You blame them for not being like you and you ignore the historical reasons why.

Old 09-17-2017, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post

Well....a couple of prerequisites of figuring out what you are is honesty and intelligence. If you do not know that arguing what is true of some parts is therefore true for the whole or what is true as a whole is therefore true of all parts.....is a reasoning fallacy....then there is a deficiency in honesty and or intellect.

I have not argued that what is true of ghetto black culture is true of all blacks. If you make this claim, then you are dishonest. Again, READ my posts and stop inventing things. My argument is simple. Not liking a certain type of black culture, which is not a small minority of it but a significant portion of it, is not racism, but rather a judgement on the behavior of that group.

You have not answered one of my questions. Please do so. Do you deny that what I describe exists in a significant portion of the black community? Please have the decency to answer my questions as I do yours.

Old 09-17-2017, 04:31 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,809,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
No, not much is solvable on an internet forum, but that's not the purpose. As to your example, the white people on drugs in a trailer park are a minority of white society and are looked down upon by the majority of white people, without excuses for their behavior given.
What is your purpose? Getting people to say you are not a racist? Your OP is stereotyping individuals based on your limited experience and the media. People stereotype all the time. Is it right? No.

Do you think that your description of the "black culture" is the majority?

Old 09-17-2017, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
I read your post just fine that is what I see your own fear of people who are different than you. You blame them for not being like you and you ignore the historical reasons why.

Since my posts do not say anything remotely to what you wish to make them say, you do not read "just fine", and there is really no point in trying to have an honest debate with a person who cares nothing for simply letting another posters words speak for themselves and will invent whatever nonsense they want to try and argue about.

Come back when you have the courage and honesty to deal with what I actually said rather than your invented version. Until then you are a waste of time.

Old 09-17-2017, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
What is your purpose? Getting people to say you are not a racist? Your OP is stereotyping individuals based on your limited experience and the media. People stereotype all the time. Is it right? No.

My purpose is simple. To hopefully get some people to see that you can dislike and disrespect a culture that is broken and destructive without it being racism. As I said in the OP, I personally do not care about the opinions of people who will throw the term racist around ignorantly. The question about me personally was a rhetorical tool based on my personal experiences. I know what I dislike , and it isn't the color of skin but the lifestyle and behavior. The opinions of those who cant grasp this and must scream racist at everyone they disagree with are of no concern to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies