Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2017, 07:47 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
What about-isms...I'm not sure I want to ever address another what aboutism ever again. Do you believe all blacks are irrational like all Nazis are irrational? Have black americans tried to commit genocide on non-black groups? I'm not sure yall understand what normalizing means either. These groups that yall compare to Nazis...sheesh.
If I put up a list of groups will you go down the list and tell us if it's OK to punch them out if they are on the street?

I'm being serious. I would find this very interesting.

Old 09-20-2017, 07:54 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,327,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
If I put up a list of groups will you go down the list and tell us if it's OK to punch them out if they are on the street?

I'm being serious. I would find this very interesting.
Nope. you want to make a list that basically consists of "what about____". Another what aboutism attempt. You're desperately trying to address anything but Nazis.

Old 09-20-2017, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Nope. you want to make a list that basically consists of "what about____". Another what aboutism attempt. You're desperately trying to address anything but Nazis.
Well that's disappointing.

How am I suppose to know if I should punch somebody out if I don't get a complete list?

Old 09-20-2017, 07:58 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,749,163 times
Quote:
What about-isms...I'm not sure I want to ever address another what aboutism ever again. Do you believe all blacks are irrational like all Nazis are irrational? Have black americans tried to commit genocide on non-black groups? I'm not sure yall understand what normalizing means either. These groups that yall compare to Nazis...sheesh.
First let's be clear. There's no such thing as Nazis. They're all dead. What you're talking about are Neo-Nazis. People who never committed genocide against anyone & who don't appear to particularly dangerous or violent.

What is far more dangerous is people like you, who believe violence is the answer to dealing with people you don't like. This is PRECISELY what the actual Nazis did with the Jews. Nazis weren't in favor of violence either, except against Jews. Jews were special. Like you, they had lot's of good reasons why everyone should hate the Jews & why violence against Jews was acceptable. Jews were special.

What about Trump supporters? Is violence against them acceptable? We've heard multiple politicians, celebrities, newsmen & endless counts on social media declaring anyone who supports Trump is a Nazi. They don't mean it figuratively. They literally believe it. If it's ok at physically attack Nazis, then it's ok to attack Trump supporters right? Have you seen Antifa attacking the elderly, women, children at Trump rallies? It's pretty ugly, but like you they believe it's perfectly acceptable because "they're special".

Live by the sword, die by the sword. Black people better than anyone should be leery of normalizing violence against groups they don't like because you...could be next.

Old 09-20-2017, 08:00 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,749,163 times
Communists? They've killed hundreds of millions more than the Nazis. Why can't we attack Communists?

Old 09-20-2017, 08:21 PM

25,747 posts, read 18,818,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
First let's be clear. There's no such thing as Nazis. They're all dead. What you're talking about are Neo-Nazis. People who never committed genocide against anyone & who don't appear to particularly dangerous or violent.
And the interesting thing is that these Neo-Nazis are hated pretty much by all segments of our society, they have zero political power, nobody listens to their nonsense, they go off in the woods somewhere and rant about how they hate everyone, and then they go home, sleep off their hangover and go back to the factory to work the next day. I've actually worked with a couple of guys over the years that might be considered of that caliber. They had big mouths and liked to keep them open spouting off nonsense.

Yet, even though these clowns are pretty much zero threat as an organization, we are supposed to be having a cow over them and yell that the sky is falling.

Ignore them. They want attention. If you don't give it to them, they will go away. Either that, or they will commit an actual crime and get locked up in prison. The loudmouths will go away and the actual dangerous criminals will wind up behind bars. Ultimately, punching "nazis" is only manufacturing martyrs and giving them publicity.

Old 09-20-2017, 08:27 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,327,950 times
Quote:
Nazis/neo-Nazi...same ideology.

Quote:

What is far more dangerous is people like you, who believe violence is the answer to dealing with people you don't like. This is PRECISELY what the actual Nazis did with the Jews. Nazis weren't in favor of violence either, except against Jews. Jews were special. Like you, they had lot's of good reasons why everyone should hate the Jews & why violence against Jews was acceptable. Jews were special.
I've haven't promoted genocide. You're the one defending Nazis. Nazis had an irrational view of jews. You're trying to find logic in their thinking. Nazis are a special case. All youre doing is repeating back what I said, but you're out of context.

"Nazis are a special case"..."no, YOU'RE a special case". It's not even an argument.

Quote:
What about Trump supporters? Is violence against them acceptable? We've heard multiple politicians, celebrities, newsmen & endless counts on social media declaring anyone who supports Trump is a Nazi. They don't mean it figuratively. They literally believe it. If it's ok at physically attack Nazis, then it's ok to attack Trump supporters right? Have you seen Antifa attacking the elderly, women, children at Trump rallies? It's pretty ugly, but like you they believe it's perfectly acceptable because "they're special".
another what aboutism. Trump supporters, antifa, etc....deflections. Nazis aren't trump supporters. As much I despise them. Nazis are a special case. Stop acting like they are normal. The only group that I'd say rivals them on ideology is the KKK. Yall keep trying to compare Nazis to groups created as a reaction to stuff like Nazi rhetoric. It's laughable, that's why those of us with any sense skip over it.

Quote:

Live by the sword, die by the sword. Black people better than anyone should be leery of normalizing violence against groups they don't like because you...could be next.
yes, we know what its like to be in a society where white violence towards us was normalized and even completely legal. And we don't have to worry about being "next"...we've been at the front of that normalized white violence for centuries.

Old 09-20-2017, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Nazis/neo-Nazi...same ideology.

I've haven't promoted genocide. You're the one defending Nazis. Nazis had an irrational view of jews. You're trying to find logic in their thinking. Nazis are a special case. All youre doing is repeating back what I said, but you're out of context.

"Nazis are a special case"..."no, YOU'RE a special case". It's not even an argument.

another what aboutism. Trump supporters, antifa, etc....deflections. Nazis aren't trump supporters. As much I despise them. Nazis are a special case. Stop acting like they are normal. The only group that I'd say rivals them on ideology is the KKK. Yall keep trying to compare Nazis to groups created as a reaction to stuff like Nazi rhetoric. It's laughable, that's why those of us with any sense skip over it.

yes, we know what its like to be in a society where white violence towards us was normalized and even completely legal. And we don't have to worry about being "next"...we've been at the front of that normalized white violence for centuries.
Cool. You named another group. KKK.

Can I punch them out too?

Also, if you're looking at this from a personal perspective shouldn't you have the KKK over Nazis?

Nazis hate Jews first. Blacks aren't #1.

But with the KKK Blacks are #1 on the list of hate.

Maybe we need a system set up to hash this stuff out. We need an app that allows us to call in a designated puncher when we spot an offender on the street.

Example:

I'm walking down the street and I see a guy wearing a swastika. I go to my trusty app and post an opening for a Jew to come down to my location to administer a beating.

Later on, I'm walking down the street and I see a guy dressed in KKK garb. I go to my app and put out the word to all black folks to come down to my location and bring their brass knuckles.

I think we've got something here. Don't you dare steal this idea either. I'm going to patent it right now.

Old 09-20-2017, 08:39 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,936,246 times
Quote:
With Nazis, yes. They are a special case.
Why haven't you taken a fully automatic weapon to your closest Nazi rally? Still working up the courage?

Hopefully you aren't someone's "special case" one day. I assume that hating a group of people enough is, well, enough to make them a special case right?

Old 09-20-2017, 09:29 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,134,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Good to see ya SHABAZZ! And back with a response endorsing violence...right on cue.

Knock out any Nazis on Santa Monica Blvd today?

I got the SGV covered for now. Can't trust these shifty Asians over here. Sure, it appears as if they go to school/work then come home and live peacefully in the community but you can never be too sure! If you arrange chop sticks just so you can definitely make a swastika out of them.

Amirite?

This video is the funniest thing I've seen in a while.. That idiot had it coming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies