Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2017, 07:07 AM

2,752 posts, read 2,760,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Doesn't MAGA mean Make America Gay Again?
I'd vote for that!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2017, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Hillary won the vote.

Bigly. 3 million.

Victory fatigue setting in?

According to our rules, she still lost. Thank God!!!

Old 09-24-2017, 07:09 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I just noticed 8 months later- he still has his trumpette cheerleaders trying to convince the crowd- hurrah hurrah
It's like a Glee Club!

No matter how much the team loses they go out there again and again to try and whip the crowd up and keep the team from collapsing.

Old 09-24-2017, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theluckygal View Post
Going to vote for republicans at every local election so that Trump can get support at all levels. I dont care about Trump's comments or tweets. I am just tired of paying bills for illegals & refugees. People on welfare & celebrity snobs will always vote for the left so doesn't matter what Trump says or does. The moral police, social activists can think about bigger issues & vote for the best behaved candidate. My issues are paying my bills so I will vote for whoever manages to cut my taxes & expenses. I dont give a damn if they are offending athletes or insulting news channels.
I couldn't agree more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just that I LOVE Trump's tweets, which always turn out to be right sooner or later.

And, I must admit that the republican congress isn't offering much support to Trump. It is making a lot of supporters wonder why we should vote republican, and the democrats LOVE hearing this.

Old 09-24-2017, 07:13 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,927,691 times
I'm no longer surprised that Trump still has a hard-line following. It's obvious that a large segment of the American public is too stupid to govern themselves - as evidenced by their inability to understand the significance of electing a Fascist as President. They live in some sort of dystopian dream world and they won't be satisfied until they have destroyed everything that that underlies the American dream. You never know what you've got till it's gone.

Old 09-24-2017, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
It's like a Glee Club!

No matter how much the team loses they go out there again and again to try and whip the crowd up and keep the team from collapsing.
That could easily be said about Democrats, too. You win some, you lose some. It happens all the time.

That said, Hillary gets a couple of hundred people to show up at her already flopped book, and anywhere Trump goes he's followed by thousands.

Old 09-24-2017, 07:17 AM

26,577 posts, read 14,444,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Please provide link to story about 1/2 empty NFL stadium.
the rams played to a half-full arena but that was because of circumstances that had nothing to do with the protests. a 97,000 capacity colliseum, a luke-warm reception to the team and the addition of a second NFL
team to the city all affected attendance.

The Los Angeles Rams played in a half-empty stadium - Business Insider

Old 09-24-2017, 07:21 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,927,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticking View Post
Not only is Trump's support eroding, but he can't get ANYTHING done. If he finishes this first term, he will go down as the worst president in American history.

His internal rhetoric is unpopular among most, and his international rhetoric is unpopular, dangerous, and unnecessary.

It is like his presidency is a suicide mission, and he wants to take as many shots at as many people as he can before he gets shown the door either in 2020 or before.
It was all entirely predictable before the election, if you bothered to pay any attention to how he conducted business in Manhattan real estate, and took to the time to understand the nature of his personality. Any time Trump is in a position where someone defies him he will make every effort to destroy them. Whether it the American people or the NFL or NATO or our democratic system, he could not care less. It's all about destroying that which dares to oppose him. Has absolutely nothing to do with politics, in any conventional sense - this is all about how a sick, aberrant personality can be a tremendous threat when put into a position of power.

Old 09-24-2017, 07:23 AM

5,129 posts, read 2,597,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Hillary won the vote.

Bigly. 3 million.

Victory fatigue setting in?

Oh look we have another snowflake that -still- doesn't understand how the election works

How far short of 270 electoral votes was she again?

Old 09-24-2017, 07:24 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Support is not growing.

Polls show an uptick here and there, but overall have been on a downward slide since January.

Rally venues are smaller and crowds are dwindling.

Advisors are resigning to the point that advisory councils have disbanded.

His own team is distancing themselves. His Secretary of State says Trump's opinions are his own. Body language of his Chief of Staff clearly conveys dismay.

Here's the Sec of Defense right after Trump's UN speech on Tuesday:

https://twitter.com/IvoHDaalder/stat...52127676882944
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies