Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Were Trump's Tweets Attacking Puerto Rico Justified?
YES. San Juan Mayor Carmen Cruz's comments against Trump were exaggerated and she deserved a harsh reply. 105 36.71%
NO. Trump's tweets were heartless and mean, given that many PR residents have no water, food, gas, cell phone service, and no medical supplies. 181 63.29%
Voters: 286. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2017, 04:06 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,115,378 times

Advertisements

Poor Donald. The guy doesn't have a clue.

Old 09-30-2017, 04:08 PM

3,594 posts, read 1,796,031 times
The truth about what's happening in Puerto Rico is that it's not the federal government that's incompetent, it's the corrupt far left state and local governments. They bankrupted the place while neglecting to fix their crumbling infrastructure, despite receiving hundreds of billions of dollars in bailout money. Instead they chose to use this money for social programs. They have the supplies but not the drivers because they can't get a hold of the drivers and the unions are protecting them from non-union labor. They also clearly did not have a plan for a hurricane. Most of the relief efforts should be handled at the state/local levels based on years of planning but they're incompetent so the feds need to do the leg work. Trump is being blamed for their failures. They're going to use this storm to extort more money out of the US taxpayer. This is a place where 80% of the people are on welfare, they're running massive deficits every year and have the nerve to ask us for a bailout every year. If they didn't receive these bailouts and weren't attached to the US dollar they would be in far worse shape than even Venezuela.

Old 09-30-2017, 04:09 PM

33,572 posts, read 18,177,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
I said no such thing. Someone suggested that reporters drive the containers to the villages. I was responding to that when you inserted yourself with your accusations. I told you that it is unlikely that a reporter & his or her crew would have a commercial trucking license between them. So, apparently, it seems to me that you just don't have a clue or you're trying to pick a fight.
Pick up trucks here in Florida transported aid to people in Florida. The fight is against Trump . Remember.

Old 09-30-2017, 04:10 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,909,844 times
I asked why aren't they down there. That's an easy sentence to read.
They can help PR the way they helped Haiti........

Old 09-30-2017, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Thank you for reminding us all about the double whammie.

You should care. Would you really rather see Russia, China or North Korea help rebuild Puerto Rico so close to our southern border? Maybe put up a couple of missile silos aimed at the mainland U.S.A.?
lol

Old 09-30-2017, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Lin-Manuel Miranda, in response to Trump tweets to Mayor of San Juan:
Who is he (or she???)

And the last I heard, only GOD gets to say what has to be.....

Old 09-30-2017, 04:14 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,588,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
What is despicable is a fat ignorant president playing golf at his richy rich hideaway and wolfing down steak and ice cream, while the Mayor of San Juan and her residents, are living a perilous and hellish existence. And to make matters worse he criticizes her to score political points with his dwindling and low info base!
Wait, what? So because some people are living a hellish existence, everyone must? Or is it just the president? I'm just curious what you thought when Obama talked about the journalist who was beheaded and then immediately went to play golf. Unlike a natural disaster, that was partly the fault of the government for not allowing the parents to make arrangements to get their son out of there like they would any normal kidnapping. Imagine if you knew you could pay a ransom and get your son, but the government told you they do not allow that so your son is going to die, while other countries paid the ransoms. I agree we should not negotiate with terrorists, but ISIS was using our guys as a warning to the countries that would pay the ransom. It wasn't causing them to stop kidnapping Americans at that time.

To Obama's credit, he did at least attempt to rescue the reporter (can't recall the name). But the mission was a failure.

Old 09-30-2017, 04:15 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,654,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
He won't either ,none of them do.
I know. no apology to me, either, even though he said he would. just goes to show lack of character.

Old 09-30-2017, 04:15 PM

19,845 posts, read 12,116,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
Who is he (or she???)

And the last I heard, only GOD gets to say what has to be.....
Some delusional lefties who are so accustomed to being worshipped by the brainless masses have a God complex.

Old 09-30-2017, 04:16 PM

5,998 posts, read 3,737,449 times
Incredible... people who aren't even president anymore are doing more than Trump. Pathetic is too kind of a word for this mess. C'mon 2020!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies