Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2017, 10:49 AM

6,940 posts, read 9,683,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
Don't forget the 400+ that are wounded. No telling how many of those are going to be permanently disabled or even worse.

We don't know the severity of these injuries or what caused. My presumption is that 1/3 were a result of crowd disarray. People may have been trampled by fellow concert attendees who were trying to escape fire.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2017, 10:51 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,275,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by munna21977 View Post
Unanswered Questions:-

1) Blown out windows- two in number- belong to one room only?. In that case, its a pretty big room.

2) Room was booked in whose name? That Asian lady but she is not in the country. Hotel will not give a room in someone else credit card.

3) No room service Housekeeping staff noticed abnormal behaviour.

4) He was there for last 3-4 days. He must have gotten out to eat food, bags.
It was one room - 1,700 sq ft - called the Vista Suite. Rents for between $400-500 per night.

Mandalay Bay Vista Suite

If they know whose name the Suite was booked for - they are not saying. I read that the woman became a "person of interest" because a credit card with her name was found there. She is traveling on an Australian Passport.

It's a guess on my part, but anyone who stays in a Suite like that probably doesn't do takeout from the local McD. As for Housekeeping - I never have Housekeeping when I'm staying in a hotel. I always keep the "do not disturb" sign on the door.

Old 10-02-2017, 10:51 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
What evidence could ISIS provide that would prove what they claim about this guy? Its pretty bizarre to be asking a terrorist group for proof that someone is or became a member.

Im beginning to get a bad taste in my mouth with these 'random shootings', seems like we have one pop up every now and then, just so the official agenda/ narrative can continue being supported, its gets people very emotional, suddenly they support all kinds of new regulations, laws, or even military action to prevent this kind of thing in the future.

I know I will probably catch flack for saying this, but Im starting to think these mass shootings are not random at all, and are probably planned ahead of time. ISIS or some lone wolf with mental problems can used as the fall guy, but the real orchestrators are closer to home.

I would bet my next paycheck there will be some tough new regulations and laws put in place when it comes to concerts very soon, and ID bet majority of people will support every one of them, even if it means taking some freedoms away...they will say "what about all those people who were killed in Vegas", "things must change, even if it means undermining certain parts of the constitution".

This is how tyranny gains power, they prey on peoples emotions and sway their opinions so they line up with theirs.
If they say he converted to Islam, then they would have a source for that information. Unless they are making it up.

You will catch flak for thinking that there is some vast conspiracy behind mass shootings.

Old 10-02-2017, 10:54 AM

19,654 posts, read 12,239,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Yeah, who knows and will we ever. The dude seemed pretty successful, which for many of us would make us happy to be alive and hard to get dragged down to the point of thinking taking as many lives as one could is a solution that will make you feel better. I for one just don't understand how crazy works.
Nice house, professional gambler, pilot, retired, attractive live-in girlfriend..

He "kept to himself" of course. No one seems to really know the guy but the girlfriend does. They need to grill her up and down, she's got to know more than anyone why he could do this.

Old 10-02-2017, 10:54 AM

6,420 posts, read 6,529,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I think we all have to just wait and see. obviously whether we want to think it is just a nut case, ISIS or whatever, there is more to the story than we know at this time. NO one does what he did and the way he set up to do it unless he had an agenda. The question now is: what was it?
People make everything political. For all we know this guy lost his job or his wife dead or left him. Maybe he hate young people. Many older folks do. He is a terrorist though

Old 10-02-2017, 10:55 AM

8,168 posts, read 3,130,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
If we could, which we can't, remove all firearms from the planet there would still be terrorism. This guy was a pilot and could just have easily loaded extra fuel into his plane and did a Kamikaze run into the concert crowd likely killing far more.
Exactly. Look at what just happened over the weekend over in Europe somewhere. I happened to just catch a glimpse of it where in two separate situations a vehicle was used to attack people. In at least one of those attacks, the driver got out and the proceeded to stab victims. One incident involved a police officer. The other one was two young women who were stabbed, one with her neck slashed open.

Old 10-02-2017, 10:56 AM

6,940 posts, read 9,683,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
So you think that a person who doesn't mind mowing down a few hundred people, would change his mind when you tell him that owning the rifle he wants to use, is illegal? Yeah, that'll work.

Umm, we have laws for a reason. That's like saying laws against murder or rape are useless even though people still commit these heinous acts

Last edited by CaseyB; 10-02-2017 at 11:12 AM..

Old 10-02-2017, 10:57 AM

18,741 posts, read 7,620,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
If they say he converted to Islam, then they would have a source for that information. Unless they are making it up.
Would ISIS lie?

Naw.

Old 10-02-2017, 10:57 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,982,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nyxStation View Post
People make everything political. For all we know this guy lost his job or his wife dead or left him. Maybe he hate young people. Many older folks do. He is a terrorist though
No, no he is not, at least we don't know that yet. Using the word terrorist so loosely is dangerous and waters down the true meaning of the word. He is absolutely a mentally disturbed person who killed and injured many people, but terrorism is a different category.

Old 10-02-2017, 10:59 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,271,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
People inside the hotel would have easily heard it.

Most people has a severe misconception of how loud guns are with a suppressor.
(Or even without for that matter....blame Hollywood and people who use the incorrect term "silencer").

They are still quite loud, especially indoors in an enclosed area like a hotel room.
I'm really not following your logic.

He was shooting at a concert venue outside. The crowd was a quarter of a mile away. They would not have immediately known what was happening to run for cover. Some said they thought it was pyrotechnics, but quickly realized it was gunshots.

If people just started dropping in the crowd without the associated noise of the gun, people surely would have taken longer to figure it out and get out of there.

I don't mean this sarcastically, but it appears that you are arguing that silencers are ok for indoor mass shootings because you can hear them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies