Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2017, 05:13 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,555,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
LOL pathetic. Baaa-aaaa, with the excuses.

Remember how the story started out? He had only purchased 3 guns in his life. Now suddenly he's got 23.

And not a one of you question a thing about that?

Have you ever lugged up the kind of firepower that he had? Have you carried that ammo? At some point, someone watching the cameras would have noticed a LOT of baggage going up to the room, yet not one person has come forward and said they saw that.

No kidding he was in a suite. DUH. Way to miss the point. This "not a gun guy" is suddenly setting up separate positions from a distance and a height further up than most people have ever shot, and you all buy in to that baloney.

Yes, we are always told the truth at all times, by every single news station, government official, and police chief. Absolutely. Not a single one of them has ever lied to you. Of course not. Go to sleep, sheep. Nothing to see here. Carry on with your gun argument...distractions are fun and not as scary as questioning the absolute BS you're being fed, aren't they.

No wonder we've had such crappy leaders for so long - you all buy everything that you hear.
Yeah yeah yeah, because you're the expert. Hey I have an idea, why don't you become a detective, forensic analyst, an agent if you know so much? Lol, armchair quarterbacks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2017, 05:17 PM

17 posts, read 7,926 times
Any significant, referenced and confirmed updates about why the hell this guy went postal and started shooting people in the first place? The guy had no money or drugs issues, no serious political beef, the profilers all say he doesn't even remotely fit the profile of a mass shooter. Almost makes me wonder about those CT's talking about mind control or something similar, doesn't make any sense. Do they think his Filipino gf had something to do with it, like something connected to the money he sent to her in the Philippines?

Old 10-04-2017, 05:19 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,721,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
60 or 1, what does it matter? You can only use one at a time.

Plenty of countries have extraordinarily restrictive gun laws, but they still have the occasional gun murder, even mass murders, using military grade weapons.

Maybe this means it is not the prevalence of guns that causes mass murders, but the number of unheeded psychopaths with the desire to murder in our society.

The real solution to America's problem is figuring out why Americans want to kill. Taking away guns just means other forms of murder will prevail.
Semi and automatic weapons can kill more in less time than just about anything else.

The ship has sailed. This is how the US rolls.

13,510 posts, read 17,031,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Would be a whole lot cheaper to grant teachers the right to carry and train on weekends.

When I was in highschool, we had lock down drills. Most classrooms the teachers desk was adjacent to the door.

When the drill commenced, whoever was closest to the windows shut the blinds. The teacher would order everyone else to lie face down on the floor and the teacher would sprint to the door to lock it to return to join us huddled on the floor.

There were other measures for other classes like PE and Shop Class.

Then the sirens would wail about 5 or 10 minutes later as police arrived. Soon after you could hear K9 dogs woofing.

I always ask my teachers why not have a pistol and hide behind your desk. If someone had a gun and wanted to kill us all, all they had to do was break the glass and unlock the door...
If someone broke the glass wouldn't you rather just order us to plug our ears and start unloading? And wait for police to give the all clear?

Something as basic as that was scoffed at. Few years later and Sandy Hook happened...

Yeah, and how many deaths would result from people walking around with guns in classrooms from accidents and whatever else?

With all honesty, are you people actually serious with this kind of garbage? Can you really not put together a rational thought past point A of your ridiculous idea, where you get to point B and the unintended consequences?

24,260 posts, read 14,202,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Would be a whole lot cheaper to grant teachers the right to carry and train on weekends.

When I was in highschool, we had lock down drills. Most classrooms the teachers desk was adjacent to the door.

When the drill commenced, whoever was closest to the windows shut the blinds. The teacher would order everyone else to lie face down on the floor and the teacher would sprint to the door to lock it to return to join us huddled on the floor.

There were other measures for other classes like PE and Shop Class.

Then the sirens would wail about 5 or 10 minutes later as police arrived. Soon after you could hear K9 dogs woofing.

I always ask my teachers why not have a pistol and hide behind your desk. If someone had a gun and wanted to kill us all, all they had to do was break the glass and unlock the door...
If someone broke the glass wouldn't you rather just order us to plug our ears and start unloading? And wait for police to give the all clear?

Something as basic as that was scoffed at. Few years later and Sandy Hook happened...
And what happens when a student get their hands on the teachers gun?

When was the last time you were in a school? I was a sub until just a few years ago. I had a 1st grader steal my phone out of my purse in a locked drawer. I have been physically threatened by a teen that was easily twice my size. We had teachers that had assaulted by students one had his nose broken. It wouldn't take a minute for a teen to overpower many teachers, these are big kids. We aren't dealing with kids from leave it to beaver here. Maybe we should only hire retired police or military to be teachers so that they can act a trained guards too.

Old 10-04-2017, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
But didn't he own two planes? Which means he could still have flown them into the crowd.
As far as I know he did at one time, but has not held a license in years. He may or may not have sold the planes since then.

Old 10-04-2017, 05:22 PM

30,254 posts, read 23,727,877 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=WNiRr763gJA

That's 2 shooters, that's not an echo. Keep listening to it. At 46 seconds, you hear gunshot off in the distance, automatic. At 1:07 you hear it close by. Since when does an echo come before the actual sound?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bPwXdUFCxE

This video shows you muzzle flash from another floor that is NOT the 32nd floor.

https://video.twimg.com/amplify_vide...NYkaDI7UnM.mp4

Again, from another angle, different person with different camera, showing you the muzzle flash is NOT coming from the 32nd floor. If you can't find it, at about 28-30 seconds you'll see a guy with a red shirt and brown baseball cap standing up. Look at the part of the building to the left of his head and you will see the muzzle flashes. That is not on the 32nd floor.

That video was posted by Time on twitter:

https://twitter.com/TIME/status/9148...507904/video/1

If you're having problems locating the flash, scroll through comments where someone circled in an image, right in the video that I told you about, where you'll see it.

You have been told it was one guy on the 32nd floor. Then explain wtf there's muzzle flashing on a much lower floor.

Want a close up? Here you go:

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video...ckUBBEw0oH.mp4

Now, tell us again how there's nothing to question here.

Old 10-04-2017, 05:24 PM

17 posts, read 7,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Yes, transfers to an FFL dealer in ones home state are done all the time. But it's being made to sound as if he drove from state to state just buying guns at every little Joes Gun n Tackle he came across. The "cash n carry" as you said. It's just a way to whip up emotion about gun laws. We have laws enough pertaining to firearms. What we don't have is a world without evil, twisted and despicable people. And I believe you are correct. There's HAS to be some motive here. One as vile and despicable as the man who carried that motive through.

And the amount of cash this varmint had access to will lead to that motive, of this I'm certain. He didn't come by all that cash via honest means from honest people. Somebody bankrolled him. And he acted like someone with absolutely nothing to lose. He intended to die. It may come out he had some terminal disease, and was offered a serious amount of cash to further the political agenda you postulated on. Somewhere in this there IS a motive. He goes out with a bang, and his family is set for life. All that cash and all the planning didn't just beam down from the Enterprise. There's someone way bigger than some guy from Mesquite behind this. That he did this all on his own auspices is something I just can't buy off on.
Was wondering something like this, maybe he got paid off by some dangerous and very nasty people, who provided him and his family with a fortune in return for "going out" and carrying out their agenda on the American population and causing terror? I'm still skeptical that ISIS was behind this or that he had converted in their service, but I wouldn't be surprised if other nasty and violence-inclined organizations had a hand in it. There had to be some sort of motive for doing this, and again, where did he get all the money?

Old 10-04-2017, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post

This video shows you muzzle flash from another floor that is NOT the 32nd floor.
Then where is the broken window on the other floor? Those windows do not open. Did the second shooter replace the window or did they have magical bullets that can pass through glass without breaking it?

Old 10-04-2017, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeroEuroAsian View Post
Was wondering something like this, maybe he got paid off by some dangerous and very nasty people, who provided him and his family with a fortune in return for "going out" and carrying out their agenda on the American population and causing terror? I'm still skeptical that ISIS was behind this or that he had converted in their service, but I wouldn't be surprised if other nasty and violence-inclined organizations had a hand in it. There had to be some sort of motive for doing this, and again, where did he get all the money?
By all accounts he was very wealthy on his own. Why would he need a pay off if he was going to kill himself?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies