Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2017, 07:27 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,949,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
I can tell you without a doubt the first bill passed when Dems get control of the house, senate, and white house will be a ban on Military semi auto type firearms, and magazines over 10 rounds. Obama's first 2 years Dems had control like this the only reason they didn't pass it was he wanted to pass Obama care. As an owner of firearms I support a licensing and background check for firearms that can hold more then 10 rounds it's not going to stop everyone. I'm not in favor of bans like the original AW ban it was a cosmetic ban really had no affect yet DEMS slapped one another on the back when it was passed.

Example Machine gun tax stamp registration has worked for 80 years there has been very few where legal owner used one to commit a crime. I would like to see a system that doesn't take 6 month but takes 2 weeks and with no restrictions drop the $200 tax stamp. Most states require hunter safety course before you get a hunting license I never hear anyone complaining about that why not a license to buy a military type firearm.

In Canada you can own an AR-15, but you have to first meet with the police and get checked out find out if your not a nut job these nut jobs who do these things is whats going to end up banning everything eventually it will happen.
I can assure you that the Millions of Americans that own them will not comply, most already have them and are not giving them up or registering them, and that is that. Prohibitions do not work when the People disagree..................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2017, 07:32 PM

13,284 posts, read 7,330,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I can assure you that the Millions of Americans that own them will not comply, most already have them and are not giving them up or registering them, and that is that. Prohibitions do not work when the People disagree..................
We have to start somewhere can't just throw up your arms say "Oh Well nothing we can do" Lot of people said that about the instant background check which I would point out hardly is even a background check because states won't share their criminal background information. That's why Dems push an outright ban because bans don't cost anything like background checks do.

Old 10-03-2017, 07:35 PM

4,530 posts, read 8,871,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette Ministries View Post
The venerable Second Amendment to the US Constitution ensures the citizens' right to keep and bear arms.

But how many arms? Two? Six? Twenty? 48? 600?

If Congress decided to strip Americans of all arms but two, how would 2nd Am advocates justify their "right" to bear an unlimited amount of arms?
Justify? LOL.

Old 10-03-2017, 07:45 PM

4,530 posts, read 8,871,444 times
Quote:
We have to start somewhere can't just throw up your arms say "Oh Well nothing we can do" Lot of people said that about the instant background check which I would point out hardly is even a background check because states won't share their criminal background information. That's why Dems push an outright ban because bans don't cost anything like background checks do.
Keep poking the bear and you will get bit.
You "progressives" are going to end up starting a second Civil War.
Is there anything a "Progressive" is willing to fight and die for? If it is him and not others doing the fighting?
There are millions of us here in the USA willing to fight, die and kill over the rights guaranteed in our Constitution. You might be wise to remember that.

Old 10-03-2017, 07:57 PM

858 posts, read 708,173 times
just posted in another thread...in what world does it make sense that depositing 10k in the bank issues an alert to review ywt someone can purchase dozens of guns and a ton of ammo and theres no followup. again...sensible gun laws are required

Old 10-03-2017, 08:01 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,943,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette Ministries View Post
The venerable Second Amendment to the US Constitution ensures the citizens' right to keep and bear arms.

But how many arms? Two? Six? Twenty? 48? 600?

If Congress decided to strip Americans of all arms but two, how would 2nd Am advocates justify their "right" to bear an unlimited amount of arms?
Congress can't do it. It's like Congress dictating you have the right to only five words a day in a free speech.

Look at Mexico which has some of the toughest gun laws in the world but try crossing the border into mexico with a single .22 caliber bird shot round in your pocket and tell me how that works out for you.

Old 10-03-2017, 09:05 PM

2,330 posts, read 3,814,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
cool...I want my Cannon
You can actually own a cannon. Muzzle loading cannons are legal in the US. It is my understanding that breech loading cannons are much harder, legally speaking. Exploding shells are also frowned upon. Recently, my sous chef and I were talking about how awesome it would be to rob a bank with a cannon, neither of us are criminals or into guns, but still...

Taken to its logical conclusion this probably means that you could outfit a fully functional ship of the line if you had the desire and the means to do so.

Last edited by Drewcifer; 10-03-2017 at 09:18 PM..

Old 10-03-2017, 09:07 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,949,873 times
Quote:
Nothing personal, but you just proved my point.

Old 10-03-2017, 09:48 PM

33,563 posts, read 37,160,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
then lets do something stupid and limit EVERYTHING to what was available in 1787, like no more computers, no aircraft, hot air balloons are ok though, no cars, only horses and trains of the steam engine variety, no telephones, not even a telegraph. no more roads, houses built with anything other than wood, no electricity, no water heaters, only wood burning stoves, no television, no cds, no dvds, no tape players, etc.

also no supermarkets, you buy everything you need from individual stores, so you go to the meat market to get your meat, and the general store to get most everything else. no hospitals, no antibiotics, in fact few drugs of any kind. doctors made house calls, wooden sailing ships, etc. just how much re you really willing to give up to go back to 1787?
What a ridiculous post!.....I don't want to go back to 1787.........I don't know how the gun cult can miss my point, which is that the signers had no idea what sort of arms would be available in 2017 ... Everything from a .22 handgun to the B2 bomber and nuclear weapons....

http://i.imgur.com/A85bq.jpg

Old 10-03-2017, 09:53 PM

32,083 posts, read 15,081,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
simple, there is no limit mentioned in the constitution. if the founders wanted a limit, they would have put it in.
The founders couldn't foresee the future though....where we have weapons of mass destruction. We need to have some common sense here. I think we are taking advantage of what the purpose of the 2nd amendment meant during that time period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies