Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2017, 06:41 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,497,598 times

Advertisements

Here's the problem.
Quote:
Having Congress update the 1934 National Firearms Act would be preferable to Senator Dianne Feinstein’s bump stock ban legislation, Kopel said, which was too broad and might fuel an underground market in bump stocks by not providing any way for current owners to register them legally.
Read that passage. You would have to repeal the Hughes amendment first, in order to "register" bump stocks.
Otherwise you turn those who own them into felons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2017, 07:05 AM

8,166 posts, read 8,528,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
<>So ban future use of a gas driven system. You just leave the door open for ingenuity and opportunity.
Motto!

Old 10-09-2017, 07:08 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 3 days ago)

27,180 posts, read 13,461,836 times
Quote:

Here's the problem.

Read that passage. You would have to repeal the Hughes amendment first, in order to "register" bump stocks.

The Courts in the US have already established that everyone has the right to defend their property and to have guns, and many Americans believe it's their right to have as many guns as they want, and of equal power to guns held by the Government and authorities.

This makes any debate fairly pointless, however there are certain things that can be done in relation to suicides and gang shootings in poor neighbourhoods through better support and work within communities, this would help stem some of the gun violence.

In terms of massacres, there may have to be ever increasing security at hotels and venues, and better planning to ensure future music concerts etc are not directly below tall buildings allowing for the potential for such massacres to take place. Schools, Universities, Shopping Malls etc also need to have better planning and security in order to deal with all evetualities.

I think this is as much as can be realistically achieved when such staunch views are evident within a society.

Old 10-09-2017, 07:11 AM

50,294 posts, read 47,056,299 times
All you need to make a bump fire stock is a spare section of buffer spring and a cheap tapco stock. You simply take it apart and put the spring in behind the buffer tube. 20 bucks.

Old 10-09-2017, 07:13 AM

7,934 posts, read 8,593,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
Automatic weapons are a waste of ammo.
Of course. But when Uncle Sam is paying for the ammo it becomes less relevant. Most people would go broke putting a couple minutes worth of rounds through an M60 just for fun, assuming they could afford one in the first place.

Old 10-09-2017, 09:06 AM

24,411 posts, read 23,070,474 times
I remember that nightclub shooting in Orlando. There's quisling Quasimodo on Sirius POTUS named Michael Smerconish who gave up being conservative to chase a dream of getting on MSNBC or CNN when FOX wouldn't touch him. So he went far left and left his integrity behind him.
Anyway, he asserted that had the shooter had automatic firearms, the carnage would have been much worse. He was quickly corrected in that the shooter would have expended his ammo more rapidly in one area rather than being able to control his fire at targets and to defend himself from potential attackers moving against him.
I know, liberals are mostly either ignorant or stupid, even fake ones like Smerconish( or Ed Schultz) who is only in it for the money. But bump stocks are in kind of in a limbo. No, automatic weapons aren't used in crimes as much as some imagine, but they can be misused like anything. Given ammunition prices of late, They are an expensive novelty and not easy to obtain legally. banning them would have a minimal impact on gun violence, but throw even a crumb to the left and they'll salivate and demand even more.

Old 10-09-2017, 09:34 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,497,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
The Courts in the US have already established that everyone has the right to defend their property and to have guns, and many Americans believe it's their right to have as many guns as they want, and of equal power to guns held by the Government and authorities.

This makes any debate fairly pointless, however there are certain things that can be done in relation to suicides and gang shootings in poor neighbourhoods through better support and work within communities, this would help stem some of the gun violence.

In terms of massacres, there may have to be ever increasing security at hotels and venues, and better planning to ensure future music concerts etc are not directly below tall buildings allowing for the potential for such massacres to take place. Schools, Universities, Shopping Malls etc also need to have better planning and security in order to deal with all evetualities.

I think this is as much as can be realistically achieved when such staunch views are evident within a society.
I'm not arguing that. I'm arguing whoever wrote article is a simpleton who does not know the laws, nor the implements they seek to ban. You open the registry, the Hughes amendment becomes null and void. Therefore people can obtain full autos and build them and register them just like a bump stock. So go ahead, and open the registry and repeal the Hughes amendment. I'll gladly pay the tax to have a new produced and registered full auto. Devoid of bump stock.

And nobody here is arguing death isn't a tragedy. Death is. Our point, at least mine, if you really believe that firearm related fatalities are as widespread and as problematic to society, obviously, nobody has taken the time nor the effort to look at all of the statistics on what is relevant just a different means of implement.
Homicide is dying at the hands of another.
Whether it is due to medical malpractice what are the figures on that what 171k last year died from misdiagnosis, negligent perscription etc...
Whether it is due to an automobile accident I've posted the numbers on that.
Plain old negligence in the work place, wet floors...

Schools I've addressed and voiced my concern repeatedly since my first lock down drill in highschool following 9/11 and terrorists plotting school shootings.
Arm the Teachers! STOP CROWDING KIDS LIKE FISH IN A BARREL! You don't cut the horns off of a gazelle to defend itself from a cheetah do you? Remove the incentive!
Colleges-allow campus carry. My sister went to a college in Springfield MA. Her and a group of her friends were stalked near the campus when they'd leave bars etc. Since pepper spray was illegal, firearms are bad mmkay... I told them, go to the advance auto parts store, buy cans of Chlorinated Brake Clean. Keep them in your purse or Hooded sweat shirts. Spray the eyes and face.

One of her friends was grabbed when she was by herself. She could have been raped. She could have been mugged. She could have been murdered. She was able to dispatch the brake clean into the would be attackers face. That Chlorinated brake clean will put your dick in the dirt quick. It will temporarily blind you, irritate your respiratory tract, and leave you with burning eyes, coughing and gagging. Works instantly opposed to pepper spray.

Malls. Get a concealed carry permit. Train. Be aware of your surroundings. If something breaks out either get to cover or engage the threat yourself, only if you have the training and the confidence to do so without harming innocent people around the area. Remember the basics of firearm safety. You are responsible for where that projectile goes. Once it leaves that barrel. There's no take backsies.
Unfortunately the feeble will be quick to judge that as someone itching to use their weapon. That simply is not the case.

Outdoor venues. Well that's a tough one to address.
Hotels and such... well if you want to subject yourself to TSA on steroids don't complain of long wait times or being inconvenienced.

We have different ideas on how to thwart threats.

Progressives think-rely on the government to protect you. In one breath police are evil racist quick to shoot ill trained and ill prepared. The next breath we want more police and more training.

Conservatives. Protect and defend yourself and yours. Thwart evil yourself. When seconds matter help can't be minutes away.

Old 10-09-2017, 10:21 AM

1,649 posts, read 1,008,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Absolutely. It's a good thing the anti gun crowd doesn't know who Jerry Miculek is, they would try to ban his trigger finger.
There is a video of Jerry hitting a steel silhouette from 300 yards with a S&W Bodyguard in just a few minutes. I have the same pocket pistol and probably couldn't make that shot from 50 yards if I had all day.

The guys is unreal.

Old 10-09-2017, 10:32 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post
There is a video of Jerry hitting a steel silhouette from 300 yards with a S&W Bodyguard in just a few minutes. I have the same pocket pistol and probably couldn't make that shot from 50 yards if I had all day.

The guys is unreal.

I think I saw that one. I still can't believe it. I think it took him maybe 3 or 4 shots then he was on.

Old 10-09-2017, 10:38 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Quote:
Here's the problem.

LOL! It’s a problem only to YOU.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies