Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do conservatives want from their opposition
"Political Re-education" 9 37.50%
Lose their voting rights permanently 4 16.67%
Be imprisoned 2 8.33%
Be deported to a country of the conservatives' choosing 9 37.50%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2017, 06:55 PM

3,366 posts, read 1,607,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Would have been more honest had you added the entire list of choices instead of a rigged poll, thought you could do better than that.
Also "for" the opposition would have been more correct than "from". As it is, it seems as if it is asking if conservatives want these treatments "from" any "opposition".

Last edited by Jimbo302; 10-10-2017 at 07:50 PM..

Old 10-10-2017, 07:13 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,373,891 times
Quote:
Is it?
Looks like two different versions of Authoritarians to me, pick your poison,
you know,
like the last Presidential election.
Yes, you are correct.

So I'm talking about authoritarians (statists) vs. Non-authoritarians (non-statists).

I have no interest in bullying another group. Democrats are "suffering" now but the shoe will be on the other foot sooner or later. Always works out that way. And then it will be the Republicans as the "suffering" group.

We learned this in the 1983 movie War Games.

Well some of us anyway. I still have hope for you folks...just like Matthew Broderick had hope for the computer "Joshua". Hope before you folks kill us all.

The only winning move is not to play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpmG...w&pbjreload=10

Old 10-10-2017, 07:19 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,372,524 times
More proof liberals have absolutely no idea what anyone outside of their echo chamber thinks.

This poll looks like some serious projecting going on, liberals have been proposing those for anyone not part of their cult for years.

Old 10-10-2017, 07:27 PM

16,216 posts, read 11,341,179 times
Quote:
Would have been more honest had you added the entire list of choices instead of a rigged poll, thought you could do better than that.
I doubt that the OP, (or most of the doctrinal Lefties at C-D, for that matter); is capable of this; they're too much in the thrall of their own prejudices, stereotypes, and contradictions.

And as a libertarian whose views are underpinned by the Objectivist philosophy of Ayn Rand and Karl Hess, I'm not much into doctrine and absolutes -- religious, nationalistic, or anything else.

But what would I want from the opposition?

I would want recognition that respect for the individual is incompatible with the continuing centralization and concentration of the state's legal monopoly on coercion.

I would want recognition of the fact that the basic human desire for freedom will naturally work to undo any artificially-imposed power structure.

And finally, while I recognize that every advanced society needs a safety net, I want it to be policed at the local level, because centralized control offers no incentive for efficiency and fairness; only a motive for building a bigger, more-monolithic, and less-answerable public sector.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 10-10-2017 at 08:56 PM..

Old 10-10-2017, 08:33 PM

2,359 posts, read 1,035,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post

That poll is bad at best. I'm not even cosnervative.
Not to put too fine a point on the matter, but that "poll" would require an incomprehensibly vast amount of improvement to even come within sniffing distance of "bad."

Massive thread fail. Mods, please close and delete.

Old 10-10-2017, 08:37 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,615,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton Miteybad View Post
Not to put too fine a point on the matter, but that "poll" would require an incomprehensibly vast amount of improvement to even come within sniffing distance of "bad."

Massive thread fail. Mods, please close and delete.
Why? I'm just asking a question here, because from what I have gathered here from this site, the conservatives will never vote for a liberal, and seem to not want us liberals to vote for liberals either....

Old 10-10-2017, 08:43 PM

16,216 posts, read 11,341,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Why? I'm just asking a question here, because from what I have gathered here from this site, the conservatives will never vote for a liberal, and seem to not want us liberals to vote for liberals either....
A "classical Liberal" is sometimes described by Voltaire's famous comment (expressed in several forms, and on many occasions):

"I disagree with almost everything you say, but will defend your right to say it."

Not much evidence of that sort of open-mindedness among the Politically Correct and/or "progressive" has turned up of late.

Old 10-10-2017, 08:48 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,615,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
A "classical Liberal" is sometimes described by Voltaire's famous comment (expressed in several forms, and on many occasions):

"I disagree with almost everything you say, but will defend your right to say it."

Not much evidence of that sort of open-mindedness among the Politically Correct has turned up of late.
I've even seen posts here from right leaning posters that say us liberals, if we had half a brain, would vote for conservatives, almost word for word.

I really think the only thing that would make them truly happy is if every single partisan elected position in the whole country, at state, local and federal level went to Republicans, and that the Democratic Party would become extinct....

Old 10-10-2017, 08:48 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,256,903 times
Quote:
I would vote for a liberal, if he/she wasn’t always looking for ways to extract and spend more of my money.

...But then I guess that would make him/her a moderate, not a liberal.

Old 10-10-2017, 08:52 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,875,145 times
Quote:
I really wonder, so have created a poll...
You don't really wonder. All you want to do is play childish games and deflect from discussing policy since the policies you follow are failures. Instead we get silly OPs like the one here.
Go ahead and discuss policy. I dare you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies