Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2017, 08:07 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Perhaps read the first part about the economy being in the toilet right after the recession? How was it my fault that the job market sucked hard for that year?

And btw, once the job market improved later that year, I did get a better job....
Please read again: Do companies have a moral and legal obligation to provide for you?

You don't need to work for anybody but yourself. It IS your fault when the job market sucks and you lose your job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2017, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Doing what? And if whatever it is fails, which is likely just based on actuary tables, what then?
Do I look like your baby sitter or your mommy?

Figure it out yourself. Aren't you an adult? Grow up already.

Old 10-23-2017, 08:11 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,610,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Please read again: Do companies have a moral and legal obligation to provide for you?

You don't need to work for anybody but yourself. It IS your fault when the job market sucks and you lose your job.
What a hogwash platitude.

And yes, the bargain for working for an employer is money. If an employer isn't going to pay you, why work for them?

Old 10-23-2017, 08:13 PM

Quote:
What a hogwash platitude.

And yes, the bargain for working for an employer is money. If an employer isn't going to pay you, why work for them?
Hopefully the third time is a charm:

Do companies have a moral and legal obligation to provide for you?

Old 10-23-2017, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Do I look like your baby sitter or your mommy?

Figure it out yourself. Aren't you an adult? Grow up already.
I work for an employer, and making good money, because I don't want the risk or responsibility that comes with being a "business owner".

Get real ffs. Most people are NOT cut out for entrepreneurship. And even then, an entrepreneur would eventually need employees if their business takes off, putting a hole the size of the Titanic in your argument

Old 10-23-2017, 08:15 PM

Quote:
I work for an employer, and making good money, because I don't want the risk or responsibility that comes with being a "business owner".

Get real ffs. Most people are NOT cut out for entrepreneurship. And even then, an entrepreneur would eventually need employees if their business takes off, putting a hole the size of the Titanic in your argument
If companies do not have any moral and legal obligation to provide for you, how is that in anyway their fault when you lose your job?

Old 10-23-2017, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Hopefully the third time is a charm:

Do companies have a moral and legal obligation to provide for you?
What are you even talking about? The companies obligation is to pay their worker.

People need money to live in this country, so by that logic, the company is indirectly obligated to provide for you, by paying you the money you need to acquire necessary goods and services

Old 10-23-2017, 08:17 PM

Quote:
What are you even talking about? The companies obligation is to pay their worker.

People need money to live in this country, so by that logic, the company is indirectly obligated to provide for you, by paying you the money you need to acquire necessary goods and services
Obligated only if the workers do the work as agreed by both the employer and the employee in the contract.

Is my understanding not true?

Old 10-23-2017, 08:17 PM

Quote:
If companies do not have any moral and legal obligation to provide for you, how is that in anyway their fault when you lose your job?
Whatever helps you sleep at night😒

Old 10-23-2017, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Whatever helps you sleep at night😒
Of course. I don't blame others for my own failures.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies