Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2017, 12:50 PM

18,959 posts, read 8,586,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Medical freedom= lower prices, more innovation, increased productivity, longer life spans, greater quality of life

End medical training and licensing, and we get more practitioners of questionable competence.

More practitioners and more gets done on more patients. More gets done that is not medically necessary and more gets done that is contraindicated and/or damaging. Of course third parties would have to agree to include all these practitioners, and could be held liable for bad outcomes. Or all these new practitioners would have to simply go cash. Note that we already have MD's, DO's, PA's and NP's.

Without the FDA we would have more drugs, and more meds of dubious and even dangerous value. Note that we already have a host of cheap generics.

But you knew all this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

8,224 posts, read 3,521,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Nope. Not unless you work 3 hours a week at the local 7 Eleven and have 4 kids to feed, then you'll get all the help in the world. But responsible adults who went to college and worked hard for their benefits at a company, practiced safe sex due diligence are punished for doing the right thing the whole time.

Like really, it's despicable how the single, successful and childless person is treated in society today. We have to pay the brunt of insurance and taxes, and I think it's time we take a stand.
BINGO! Someone else gets it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aridon View Post
Because we realize that if we did what you propose only heathy people would get care.
Rolls eyes. In what world? Explain how only healthy people would have care when hospitals can't refuse treatment, and doctors offices will help with Medicaid and even a decreased cash payment...

Unless you are a bump living on a street under a bridge or out in the wild... how on earth could only the healthy afford health insurance?

I've lived in 2 states now... and both states a hospital can not refuse treatment, and it is up to the private care physicians policies how payment is rendered and they usually will lower the cost to out of pocket payers. So how again exactly would only the healthy have access to care? What. The hospitals have guards to toss you out if you don't have insurance?

2,954 posts, read 2,360,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
We couldn't afford to pay have to ACA we fell into a part of it that was over looked and while I more then understand wanting to be a part of society not everyone can afford to pay. Even though we still pay for others. The idea of being forced to pay for insurance is B.S plain and simple.
You want your surgery only policy so you can say you have insurance without any real coverage. The insurance companies love those high profit policies as well.

Old 10-14-2017, 12:51 PM

18,484 posts, read 7,149,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Have you seen what he signed recently?

It makes total sense in his mind. How else are you going to fulfill your promise to repeal and replace it when you can't convince the public that you have something better? He knows he will have enough grey area to argue that it's not anything f he did and that it's just ACA falling under it's own weight. Conservatives are already arguing that.

But the truth is that ACA could be fixed, Trump will sabotage it, and the eventual replacement will be a LOT worse. You think ACA is bad...just wait.
We don't want Obamacare "fixed".

Do you really think that Americans have forgotten that it was Dems who shoved that mess down the country's throat and FUBAR'd our healthcare to the point that many people cannot afford to actually use the plans that, by law, they must pay for whether they want them or not?

Obamacare was designed to fail and to be a stepping stone to single payer.

We don't want it "fixed"

We want it gone.

Old 10-14-2017, 12:52 PM

18,959 posts, read 8,586,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
I simply want to make an agreement with an insurance company without any government interference. I should be free to bet them that I will someday get sick and they should be free to offer me a plan based on my risk and my risk alone that I will get sick. No other entities need to be involved and they don't need to know the details.
How would you know your medical/surgical risks for the next year and for your life?

Old 10-14-2017, 12:52 PM

2,954 posts, read 2,360,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
BINGO! Someone else gets it!

Rolls eyes. In what world? Explain how only healthy people would have care when hospitals can't refuse treatment, and doctors offices will help with Medicaid and even a decreased cash payment...

Unless you are a bump living on a street under a bridge or out in the wild... how on earth could only the healthy afford health insurance?

I've lived in 2 states now... and both states a hospital can not refuse treatment, and it is up to the private care physicians policies how payment is rendered and they usually will lower the cost to out of pocket payers. So how again exactly would only the healthy have access to care? What. The hospitals have guards to toss you out if you don't have insurance?

You mean the block grants that were being pushed and would cut ten million plus off Medicaid?

You think folks are getting chemo treatments or enzyme treatments for cf kids in the emergency room where you can't be turned away? You think when they get released that the meds are free from CVS?

The issue is people like you don't have a ****ing clue about medicine or insurance.

Old 10-14-2017, 12:53 PM

19,718 posts, read 16,947,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Someone lived on a commune in the 60s and 70s.

How about... worry about yourselves...

No commune, but I just happen to realize that I am not an island. There are people above me and below me financially, and we all coexist in this little planet for whatever time we are alive. Sorry, if you think only hippies cared about their fellow man, you are mistaken.

That is what is wrong with people today, they "worry only about themselves". I realize that filters down from your leader, but you should be smarter and have more compassion than that.

17,717 posts, read 13,615,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aridon View Post
You want your surgery only policy so you can say you have insurance without any real coverage. The insurance companies love those high profit policies as well.

Which polices are NOT high profit?? Insurance companies just like with anything else are in business to make money plain and simple. If something bad happens to me I've always told my wife just to push me off into a ditch. I get a head slap for that.

1,300 posts, read 969,787 times
The GOPs opposition to the ACA was never about it being flawed, but because it exists.

They are ideologically against universal healthcare. They are against the idea of universal protections against the potential financial hardships and ruin that could come to middle class and poor people due to health issues. This is why all of their proposed replacements have been crap. Not because it is just too difficult to genuinely improve Obamacare, but because their proposals true intent has been to undermine and eventually destroy the purpose of the Act rather than to genuinely make it achive its purpose better.

Old 10-14-2017, 12:54 PM

51,737 posts, read 26,035,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
We couldn't afford to pay have to ACA we fell into a part of it that was over looked and while I more then understand wanting to be a part of society not everyone can afford to pay. Even though we still pay for others. The idea of being forced to pay for insurance is B.S plain and simple.
Do you drive a car? Do you carry insurance?

It's like that. When people go without insurance, we all pay when there is a problem.

When people have ACA insurance, or Medicaid, they can go to a family practice clinic or Urgent Care clinic for antibiotics.

When they don't have insurance, they go to high cost Emergency Room to seek treatment for their staph infections.

Guess who picks up the cost for for the ER visit?

CBO says dropping Trump's move will cost us all $200 billion.

Sweet, eh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies