Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2017, 10:58 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Ad Hominem Fallacy
What I said is true, the fallacy is of your making. Do you get bonus points for those 2 words or are they just favorites?

Last edited by burdell; 10-16-2017 at 11:09 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2017, 11:06 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
And from that, you attacked them by accusing them for not believing in democracy. It was a nonsensical response to what was said.

California's problems are absolutely the responsibility of the elected Governor.
Nonsense! I didn't respond to someone saying the problem's weren't the Governor's responsibility, I responded to someone with the O-P-I-N-I-O-N that California's (democratically elected) Governor was its biggest problem. So the nonsensical response is yours.

Old 10-16-2017, 11:08 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamebird98 View Post
Didn't California want to be their own country?
Yes, they do. And they refuse to cooperate with the Federal Government on illegal aliens, declaring CA a "sanctuary state." Let them battle their own fire (but I believe the US Forest Service has been fighting the fire).

The U.S. Forest Service is an agency of the U.S. Department of Agriculture. The Chief of the Forest Service is an appointee of the President of the U.S.

So, it isn't fair to say the President is "doing nothing." The Forest Service is battling this blaze, as they always do.

But, what a surprise; the Left also claimed that he "did nothing" to help the hurricane victims as well. Even though FEMA was in Texas, Florida and Puerto Rico and doing their job.

Old 10-16-2017, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
He at least declared it a major disaster and didn't just ignore the poor people.

President Obama declares major disaster in deadly California wildfire - LA Times
They aren't being ignored. The U.S. Forest service has been battling the fire since it began.

Old 10-16-2017, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
The fact is CA is still a state and Trump is still the president. How hateful and small can people be? People are hurt and dying out there, and his supporters are saying nanny nanny boo boo? Really?
Nobody is saying that, and the U.S. Forest Service has been fighting the fire, as they always do. But a fire is different than a hurricane. It has to be fought primarily from the air in rugged terrain. And you can't fly planes in until it is safe to do so. What more do you expect Trump to do other than what is already being done?

It's as silly as the Leftists complaining that the USS Comfort was not sent to Puerto Rico, a ship that is of little use in a hurricane relief effort, even though the ship was sent anyway. But ships were offshore even before the hurricane made landfall.

But this is what the Left always does when the President is someone they don't like. Reason goes out the window in favor of political rhetoric and trying to score points.

Old 10-16-2017, 11:17 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
if he doesn't go, will the TDS leftists squeal that he hates rich white people?

Old 10-16-2017, 11:18 AM

25,445 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
They aren't being ignored. The U.S. Forest service has been battling the fire since it began.
Didn't say he was. The post I was answering said Obama didn't address the CA fires previously. Fortunately for those in CA, there are people there trying to help, including FEMA.

Old 10-16-2017, 11:35 AM

5,752 posts, read 2,782,671 times
I cant believe people with common sense are getting involved in discussions about semantics with people gloating over the misfortune of fellow Americans. Lefties, it's why we fail to win the arguments because we let them dictate the parameters.
This thread is about the federal government and it's response to a widespread disaster impacting thousands of people.
Instead you fall for debating whether we live in a democracy or a republic.
And the actual fact is Californians are helping locally. Where my wife works they are loading supplies to take to the fire area.
Thousands of regular people are flooding the area with aid, the problem is coordination of relief. I have had 2 employees down there helping relatives so I"m not getting this from some 'lib MSM site', so just save it.

Old 10-16-2017, 11:49 AM

716 posts, read 393,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
I be shocked if Trump visited. Not that Trump doesnt care, but my guess is that hed be met with so much hatred from Californians.
I'm sure if he came and started tossing out toilet paper to our victims, Californians would see the light and realize what a humanitarian he really is...

Old 10-16-2017, 11:52 AM

25,445 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Nobody is saying that, and the U.S. Forest Service has been fighting the fire, as they always do. But a fire is different than a hurricane. It has to be fought primarily from the air in rugged terrain. And you can't fly planes in until it is safe to do so. What more do you expect Trump to do other than what is already being done?

It's as silly as the Leftists complaining that the USS Comfort was not sent to Puerto Rico, a ship that is of little use in a hurricane relief effort, even though the ship was sent anyway. But ships were offshore even before the hurricane made landfall.

But this is what the Left always does when the President is someone they don't like. Reason goes out the window in favor of political rhetoric and trying to score points.
What I have been commenting on more than anything is the rhetoric of Trump supporters who think CA should be hung out to dry. I didn't say they weren't getting the help they need. I just find it unconscionable that so many here on CD think they shouldn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies