Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2017, 01:19 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,979,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Nope

And I am one.

Wimpy conservo men who feel threatened need to turn in their man cards.

Suck it up, buttercups.

It has been my experience that it is the liberal snowflakes that are the wimpiest of men.

Old 10-17-2017, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Women today are not worth the effort. It’s all gimme for them.

Speak for yourself. My wife is well worth every effort I make I am not sure what problem you have with women but it is strange that you would say something like that.

Old 10-17-2017, 01:37 PM

36,806 posts, read 31,098,258 times
[quote=KonaldDuth;49846185]
Quote:
Just an observation. Every week in my city there are multiple fundraisers for breast cancer (which has a 99% survival rate), I see signs everywhere for "Girls Who Can Code" classes, "Feminist Karate" classes, then there are all these engineering scholarships exclusively for women. I almost feel as if women have been elevated to a sacred status.
Or just now being elevated to equal status. Forever women's health issues were irrelevant, even today women are struggling to maintain control of their reproductive choices. Forever women were turned away from most careers and education as well historically women have been victims of violence, rape, murder. So now women are getting the same level of involvement, same recognition in these areas men have always had.

Quote:
Meanwhile in my city, the streets are filled with homeless vets who've been burned/maimed. Or I walk by construction sites and see men laboring at 4 a.m. in the pouring cold rain. Seems like both men and women have hardships in society, but men's problems don't get as much publicity because there's a huge effort to "prove" that everything is peachy for men and everything sucks for women.
I believe the reason men's issues dont get the attention they should is because men are not bringing them to light. There are no barriers to exposure, education, litigation, funding for the issues men face. Men still dominate in all influential fields. The only barriers are those in your head.

Old 10-17-2017, 01:43 PM

86 posts, read 74,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Speak for yourself. My wife is well worth every effort I make I am not sure what problem you have with women but it is strange that you would say something like that.
T was hurt by a woman or more than one woman. That is why they are bitter.

Old 10-17-2017, 01:44 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,046,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Your breast cancer survival rate is seriously flawed.

Women comprise a percentage of homeless and some are veterans. Homeless women with minor children tend to get priority for help over homeless males without minor children. Presumably the children of homeless may be male or female.

Veterans have the GI bill which provides benefits than non veterans do not recieve. Most veterans do not see combat.

Women are employed in the construction trades. Most construction workers work in the cold and rain unless they work in mild climates or areas where it rarely rains.

What's up with this male victimhood thing?
Idk really. Pot meet kettle perhaps? I think it's more of an improved awareness of the issues women face these days. Esp women of color.
More and more people are being awakened and enlightened to the challenges facing females in today's world. An awareness that should have been done many moons ago, but better late than never. People are having discussions about topics that are important to women, so it may seem like men are " forgotten".
But they aren't and NEVER will be. Why? Cause without evil menz, there wouldn't be anyone to blame or boo boo boo about when things aren't right. . This Sisterhood of Eternal Victimization needs you evil menz!!
Lol J/k

Old 10-17-2017, 01:47 PM

86 posts, read 74,508 times
I don't hate men. Actually, when I began dating I was surprised how much intimacy they wanted. Both of them men that I dated had a tough past and rarely showed their vulnerable side. I always assumed they only cuddled because women wanted them to. Well, they would imply that they wanted me to spoon them and hold them while we slept. I did that and they didn't push me away. Both of those men broke my heart. They had issues that they needed to deal with, as did I. Unfortunately, men get more flack for needing emotional support.

BTW, for the individual who stated that women only go for social butterflies. That is not true at all! There are many women who choose the quiet, keep-to-themselves type of guy. I personally would go for a social person, although not necessarily socially savvy.

With saying all that, many men aren't good people. Women also can be dangerous, but I would be more cautious around men more than women. I see it too many times. All around me.

Old 10-17-2017, 01:49 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,632,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
I hang with a crowd that you would not be able to get into.
No doubt!

My man card is valid.

Quote:
BTW nice photo of yourself in your last post above.
Hey!

You're good!

Old 10-17-2017, 01:51 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,617,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Women today are not worth the effort. It’s all gimme for them.
Aaannd...you sound like a poster boy for why some women have a negative opinion of men.

Actually, I like men. I like men a lot. I'm not so crazy about men who hate women.

Old 10-17-2017, 01:55 PM

Quote:
No doubt!

My man card is valid.

Hey!

You're good!

I won't play your kindergarten games about what I have done, but I will wager you would not have been able to do it. When are you going to put weights on that bar?

Old 10-17-2017, 01:58 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,046,686 times
Quote:
No doubt!

My man card is valid.

Hey!

You're good!

Dayum!! All this internet badassery is scaring me !! I need a safe space !!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies