Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2017, 07:40 PM

2,333 posts, read 1,490,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
Yes, they would from organizations. most of whom support solely women. Also about the income. Yes men earn higher, with higher incomes come with higher stress and burdens. Men are more likely to experience financial stress and are more likely to not receive external funding in times of crisis. Women as a whole have a greater support system than men. Men are more often left to fend for themselves. In a world of equality, this is a disgrace. More can be done to combat high suicide rate among men.
Can't disagree with that (bolded).

But my earlier question was really more about the courts... doesn't the spouse who makes less money (male or female) have to get spousal support from the other one, if that person is caring for a child? I thought I even read stories of celebs who have to support their exes when there were no children involved anyway.

And why would high income people, of either gender, deserve to get external funding in crisis? You should only get funding if you NEED it. I wouldn't expect a female high income person to go to a halfway house anymore than I would a man who had a high income.

Old 10-17-2017, 07:46 PM

34,237 posts, read 18,599,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
If nails, wood and aluminum are more important to you than human companionship (especially as you age), so be it.

Maybe she thought saving for medical emergencies and other real stuff was of importance? if so, she picked the wrong guy.
So it is OK for a person that is not your spouse to dictate your finances to you? I had, and have all that other stuff covered, and own my home free, and clear. She just wanted more stuff from me, like vacation homes, and luxury cars. It was pure greed.

Old 10-17-2017, 07:55 PM

3,909 posts, read 2,124,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BicoastalAnn View Post
Can't disagree with that (bolded).

But my earlier question was really more about the courts... doesn't the spouse who makes less money (male or female) have to get spousal support from the other one, if that person is caring for a child? I thought I even read stories of celebs who have to support their exes when there were no children involved anyway.

And why would high income people, of either gender, deserve to get external funding in crisis? You should only get funding if you NEED it. I wouldn't expect a female high income person to go to a halfway house anymore than I would a man who had a high income.
Court side with females in most situations from divorce proceedings to child guardianship. Females often walk out with monthly child support fees exceeding a mortgage payment and heavily subsidized tax wise by the government. This leaves the higher earning male with more assets more stressed and vulnerable to bankruptcy and depression. To address your higher income question. Higher income = more assets. Loss of income to a low earner doesn't take as much of a hit than it would to a higher earner. I advocate a flat percent of income for help in times of crisis for any individual.

Old 10-17-2017, 08:02 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,836,240 times
I'm a man and I have done just fine, started from next to nothing too living in a sh*tty one bed room apt on the bad side of town. Maybe you should focus your gaze inwards and work on improving yourself instead of complaining about how unfair everyone else is to you.

Old 10-17-2017, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
I'm a man and I have done just fine, started from next to nothing too living in a sh*tty one bed room apt on the bad side of town. Maybe you should focus your gaze inwards and work on improving yourself instead of complaining about how unfair everyone else is to you.
Every man doesn't have it as good as you.

Old 10-17-2017, 08:05 PM

10,075 posts, read 7,547,752 times
Quote:
Court side with females in most situations from divorce proceedings to child guardianship. Females often walk out with monthly child support fees exceeding a mortgage payment and heavily subsidized tax wise by the government. This leaves the higher earning male with more assets more stressed and vulnerable to bankruptcy and depression. To address your higher income question. Higher income = more assets. Loss of income to a low earner doesn't take as much of a hit than it would to a higher earner. I advocate a flat percent of income for help in times of crisis for any individual.
What I don't agree with is that the female after divorce can get money to "maintain" the home/lifestyle. Yes, it was what she did before the divorce, but is there a reason she can't get a job after the divorce?
If the guy has to now make his food/clean the house/laundry, AKA the "woman's" job at home. Why is he expected to do "two" persons role, but the woman isn't expect to the the "man's" role of getting an income?

But I think alimony is slowly going away, so my disagreement isn't a big issue

I think child support is needed, but it shouldn't be included in what it cost to keep the lifestyle they had, because that lifestyle is gone after divorce

Old 10-17-2017, 08:08 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,497,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLSFan View Post
... is there a reason she can't get a job after the divorce?

... the woman isn't expect to the the "man's" role of getting an income?
Are you stuck in 1950?

Old 10-17-2017, 08:09 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,836,240 times
Quote:
Every man doesn't have it as good as you.
Yea you're right, lots of them have a complete lack of focus on introspection and self improvement, which is a major handicap in life.

Old 10-17-2017, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Yea you're right, lots of them have a complete lack of focus on introspection and self improvement, which is a major handicap in life.
my husband has had a tough upbringing. He grew up poor and still was when I met him. His parents had health issues and couldn't fully support him, they had to go on government programs and he worked where he could with school. At the time when I met him, his family was about to loose everything because of lack of money. I helped them recover financially. I be damned if someone tell me someone in a bad financial situation is of their doing. shame on you.

Old 10-17-2017, 08:15 PM

2,333 posts, read 1,490,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLSFan View Post
What I don't agree with is that the female after divorce can get money to "maintain" the home/lifestyle. Yes, it was what she did before the divorce, but is there a reason she can't get a job after the divorce?
If the guy has to now make his food/clean the house/laundry, AKA the "woman's" job at home. Why is he expected to do "two" persons role, but the woman isn't expect to the the "man's" role of getting an income?

But I think alimony is slowly going away, so my disagreement isn't a big issue

I think child support is needed, but it shouldn't be included in what it cost to keep the lifestyle they had, because that lifestyle is gone after divorce
I don't know anything about the system but I've often wondered how it could fly for a spouse to get money to maintain their lifestyle (especially if there are no kids). Like this seems to happen often with celebs, if they didn't have a prenup? I remember reading Mel B (Spice Girl) had to pay her husband $40k/month to maintain his lifestyle.... even though they had joint custody. Something's wrong with that.

But to your point about a divorcee getting a job... This is why I personally would never put my career on hold for kids (or any other reason). It is extremely hard to get back in the game with a long gap in work. But for that reason that's probably why ex-SAHM may need spousal support, even with a job. The job probably isn't paying enough to take care of them and a child.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies