Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2017, 09:06 PM

1,348 posts, read 794,787 times

Advertisements

For whatever it's worth to you, kiddies. Another lady said the same happened to her by old man Georgie.

He seems to have the same MO -- he sticks his hand somewhere in the back of the lady's body while people are clustered for a photo and cracks the joke: "You know who my favorite magician is? David Cop-a-feel." While squeezing or diddling her. Actually you can see part of his hand on her butt cheek in the photo.

I say 'no way' Barbara doesn't know what he's doing. https://deadspin.com/second-woman-ge...-me-1819855977 (not familiar with that website)

Old 10-25-2017, 09:09 PM

30,640 posts, read 19,347,501 times
25 years ago, a liberal woman grabbed my ass....#metoo

Old 10-25-2017, 09:47 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,121,449 times
Please tell me that people don't really see this as "sexual assault"?

Old 10-25-2017, 09:56 PM

78,714 posts, read 60,892,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel Crazy View Post
For whatever it's worth to you, kiddies. Another lady said the same happened to her by old man Georgie.

He seems to have the same MO -- he sticks his hand somewhere in the back of the lady's body while people are clustered for a photo and cracks the joke: "You know who my favorite magician is? David Cop-a-feel." While squeezing or diddling her. Actually you can see part of his hand on her butt cheek in the photo.

I say 'no way' Barbara doesn't know what he's doing. https://deadspin.com/second-woman-ge...-me-1819855977 (not familiar with that website)
I've had that and worse done to me by women DOZENS of times.

Tacky yes but worthy of #metoo?

I personally think that dragging a butt touch into the discussion of rape, job pressure for sex and so forth is insulting and detrimental to the more serious offenses.

It's like mixing misdeameanors with felonies and capital offenses.

Sure, they're all wrong but you're not helping the discussion by doing so.

I mean seriously, I'm half tempted to list all the butt-pats, breast rubs, offers of sex, work place stuff and sooooo much more I've experience in my school and employement days but again...I don't feel any of them reach the level of merit.

I know this is a real issue. I've had relatives stalked, harrassed and so forth....it just seems that it's being politicized just like BLM. Free passes for we but not for thee....ends up discrediting the entire movement.

Old 10-25-2017, 10:18 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,744,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
please tell me that people don't really see this as "sexual assault"?
of course we do! Old man bush must be jailed and castrated!

Old 10-25-2017, 10:36 PM

2,610 posts, read 2,207,024 times
Sorry, not sorry, don't believe it.
The guy is in a wheelchair. If he inadvertently placed his hand where it shouldn't be give the guy a break. My dad is almost wheel chair bound and doesn't control his arms and hands well. Maybe he noticed his hand was in a awkward place and tried to apologize, tried to make light of the situation but it didn't come off well. I know my dad's filter is missing from time to time lately and may say something inappropriate once in a while...... Well he did it before this.... But now is sometimes inappropriate around people he would normally not be. He is losing it a bit especially when tired. His brain is just not at full capacity anymore.

What kind of attention is that girl looking for, she is just looking foolish.

Old 10-25-2017, 11:02 PM

34,941 posts, read 36,337,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Please tell me that people don't really see this as "sexual assault"?
What is it, then?

He already apologized, so he’s pretty much admitting he groped her sans permission.

She’s not gonna sue him and this will just blow over, but it’s possible he will be mindful next time.

Old 10-25-2017, 11:33 PM

23,655 posts, read 17,551,805 times
They just jumped the shark with this one. Makes me wonder if Weinstein hired her to do it.

Makes real sexually abuse women look bad if you can take down an old man with one foot in the grave like that. Geesh she is stupid.

Old 10-26-2017, 12:04 AM

21,933 posts, read 25,280,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
What is it, then?

He already apologized, so he’s pretty much admitting he groped her sans permission.

She’s not gonna sue him and this will just blow over, but it’s possible he will be mindful next time.
His PR crew apologized for making her feel uncomfortable. From the statement, HW is a rump patter. Rump patting and groping aren't the same thing.

Put it the other way. A lot of women are huggers. Having someone I've just met hug me is kind of awkward but whatever. Worse yet you have the cheek kissers. Having someone I just met two seconds ago rubbing their lips on my face? Awkward, just awkward. Do I make a huge deal out of it? No, but I will ask people not to do it if I'm going to be frequently subjected to it. Half the time they don't remember as they're just cheek kissers. HW is a rump patter. Setting the threshold of sexual assault so low that any physical contact that makes someone uncomfortable is sexual assault just makes sexual assault meaningless.

Not to get all graphic, but skinny dipping when I was about 12 I had an older boy swim up and put my dick in his mouth. That's sexual assault, given at 12 it was more wtf. Gave him a good knee and got the hell out of dodge and that was that. The 70-year-old lady who cuts my hair and is a cheek kisser. Not sexual assault. She's just old school Italian. Old people are touchier, just how they sometimes are. It's both a product of their time and that nobody really finds a 90-year-old in a wheelchair threatening. I doubt calling him out on Twitter is going to change anything. A more effective way would be speaking to him at the time rather than deciding it wasn't a big deal and then four years later taking to Twitter and saying it amounted to assault.

Old 10-26-2017, 02:48 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,784,082 times
https://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/c...-shifting-last
Quote:
If this had happened in a different era, chances are that Lind would've been rudely dismissed as someone who's either seeking attention or overreacted to a playful and harmless gesture
Not to be rude, but she did overreact a little to a pat on the butt.
Quote:
But context matters: This was brought to light because of all the allegations of sexual abuse that have surfaced in recent years. Most recently, Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein stands accused of sexually abusing or harassing dozens of women for much of his career.
His behavior became an inside joke in Hollywood, which — as the allegations against actor and comedian Bill Cosby grossly underscore — grew way too comfortable with the clichéd casting-couch exploitation.
I'm amazed that people compare Bush, or even Weinstein, to Cosby, who surreptitiously drugged women, took their clothes off and touched them when they were unconscious. Even the same term, "sexual assault" is used.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.