Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2017, 08:34 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,357,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
do you say the same for Clinton?
What does this have to do with Clinton? honestly can anyone stay on the topic?

Old 11-10-2017, 08:36 AM

1,721 posts, read 1,148,838 times
Woman know society ostracize them when it comes to rape and sexual assault. The burden of proof always relies on the women and even in cases where DNA is available, he said she said defense of consent is always a question

This is why many rape victims stay quiet, especially young girls. And these Perv men know that.

Old 11-10-2017, 08:39 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,357,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrandom View Post
Innocent until proven guilty means he won't go to jail until convicted by a jury. In such a trial, the state will have the burden of evidence to show that he committed some crime beyond a reasonable doubt. It is not a blanket instruction to disbelieve any allegation until adjudicated.

You are free to believe Roy Moore's denial. Others are free to believe his accusers. I suspect that who is believed will fall heavily along the lines of who liked Roy Moore in the first place.
I don'r believe anything except innocent until proven guilty and that isn't hard to understand unless a person is ignorant.

Old 11-10-2017, 08:40 AM

5,037 posts, read 6,930,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Roy Moore believes that the Bible is the ultimate reference for right or wrong. The Bible certainly doesn't prohibit older men from sexual relationships with younger women. Therefore Roy Moore would believe that he was in the right.

The problem as I see it is that Roy Moore has been given the responsibility of upholding the laws of our nation, but he doesn't respect those laws. He respects his interpretation of the Bible, and he applies his Christian beliefs to how he wields the laws of this nation. Laws that were explicitly not about advancing a specific religion.
You are right that the Bible doesn't prohibit sexual relationships with younger women. The Bible does absolutely prohibits sexual relationships with younger women that you are not currently married to, i.e. fornication. I don't think 'it was OK' is a reasonable defense, either from a societal or a purely biblical perspective. The only self-consistent defense is "this is a lie".

Old 11-10-2017, 08:42 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,627,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyenne2134 View Post
These same people defending moore. Were creaming themselves in post about Weinstein and Anthony Weiner.

4 woman have spoken out and I’m sure there were/are more. The wave has just started
Two of the women said they went on dates with Moore.

When did dating a person of age become a crime?

Old 11-10-2017, 08:43 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,627,209 times
Quote:
Woman know society ostracize them when it comes to rape and sexual assault. The burden of proof always relies on the women and even in cases where DNA is available, he said she said defense of consent is always a question

This is why many rape victims stay quiet, especially young girls. And these Perv men know that.
Do you believe the members of the Duke Lacrosse team should be in jail?

If not, do you at least believe their lives should have been torn apart because they are males?

Old 11-10-2017, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Two of the women said they went on dates with Moore.

When did dating a person of age become a crime?
I could have sworn they were 14, 16, 17, young girls

If you think it’s acceptable for 30 year old men to date teenage girls. I pray you don’t have daughters

Old 11-10-2017, 08:45 AM

5,037 posts, read 6,930,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
I don'r believe anything except innocent until proven guilty and that isn't hard to understand unless a person is ignorant.
That's your right, but it's not required of you nor can it be expected from others. And what level of proof do you require? Conviction in a court? Exhaustion of all appeals? Or just sufficient evidence to convince you? In reality, there are false convictions (and false acquittals) all the time. Someone is either innocent or guilty independent of what you think of them, what I think of them, or what the courts have decided.

Old 11-10-2017, 08:46 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,080,699 times
Quote:
I could have sworn they were 14, 16, 17, young girls

If you think it’s acceptable for 30 year old men to date teenage girls. I pray you don’t have daughters
He obviously sees nothing wrong with an adult man coming on to teenage girls. And apparently many guys here agree with him. And therein lies the problem.

Old 11-10-2017, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Do you believe the members of the Duke Lacrosse team should be in jail?

If not, do you at least believe their lives should have been torn apart because they are males?
Listen that case was a mess and rare compared to the number of rapes that happen every year

Do you think Brock turner should have just got 3 Months in jail for rape because he was a “good boy”?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies