Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2017, 10:03 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,333,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
It pizzes you off that had a job for you?
You don't understand that a business MUST make money off labor?
Where do you think the money you receive should come from?
I'll turn it around on you.

It angers you that my labor helped your business survive and thrive?

You don't understand that my labor must be priced high enough to survive?

Where do you think the labor you pay for should come from?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2017, 10:08 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,237,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post

Your labor is compensated. If you don’t think your labor is compensated well enough, then you are free to take your labor somewhere else. Someone else will be glad to take your labor place. If the employer cannot find someone, then they will adjust the compensation until they find the labor they need.

That’s the great part of a capitalist system. It’s supply and demand that naturally keeps things in balance.

Old 11-14-2017, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Your labor is compensated. If you don’t think your labor is compensated well enough, then you are free to take your labor somewhere else. Someone else will be glad to take your labor place. If the employer cannot find someone, then they will adjust the compensation until they find the labor they need.

That’s the great part of a capitalist system. It’s supply and demand that naturally keeps things in balance.
That's absolutely untrue. Its always been untrue no matter how the right clings to it.

Old 11-14-2017, 10:12 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,289,839 times
Quote:

You are free to move on if you don't feel you are compensated for your labor. Maybe if you're lucky you might find a place that will provide you additional compensation beyond what the market can bare. It might be a pizza shop or Venezuela, but don't expect it to be around for long.

Old 11-14-2017, 10:13 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,237,655 times
Quote:
That's absolutely untrue. Its always been untrue no matter how the right clings to it.
Explain how it’s untrue. I’d like to hear this one.

Old 11-14-2017, 10:16 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,586,913 times
Quote:
Punishing the rich?

After they became that way by depending on our labor?

No its a symbiotic relationship and should be treated as such.
Depending on your labor? You are more than welcome NOT to work for them. Nobody put a gun on anybody to force you to work for them. You did so voluntarily.

Old 11-14-2017, 10:17 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,586,913 times
Quote:
Which part is untrue?

Old 11-14-2017, 10:25 AM

3,221 posts, read 1,741,441 times
I believe liberal policy is motivated by compassion and the desire to help the most people possible. That's why I identify with liberals. I think the caricature of us presented in this thread is rather interesting though. The effects of living in a right-wing echo chamber...

Old 11-14-2017, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Explain how it’s untrue. I’d like to hear this one.
Its untrue because your assertion fails to take in dozens if not hundreds of variables in any given situation.

Old 11-14-2017, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
I believe liberal policy is motivated by compassion and the desire to help the most people possible. That's why I identify with liberals. I think the caricature of us presented in this thread is rather interesting though. The effects of living in a right-wing echo chamber...
Its also motivated by the idea that working together improves families, communities and our nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies