Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Al Franken Resign
Yes 165 55.00%
No 82 27.33%
Not sure/maybe/depends/other 53 17.67%
Voters: 300. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2017, 07:47 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,693,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassTerp94 View Post
The photo provided makes it EXTREMELY clear that it was a staged photo meant as a joke...look carefully. There are shadows under his hands, indicating he wasn't actually touching her.
A joke? Is it okay to have sex with someone who has passed out and didn't give consent? That's rape.

Old 11-16-2017, 07:48 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
The kiss is acceptable if they were rehearsing a kiss.

She consented to be kissed. I doubt they discussed the particulars of kissing beforehand.

And, no... it was a juvenile prank and he should be embarrassed of himself, but she was wearing a flak jacket and that photo does not appear to show him actually touching her at all.

I have condemned people from a wide variety of political and social leanings, but this one is really not the drama that people are making it out to be.

Good grief. We've seen and heard far worse from so many other politicians.

Including President Two Scoops.
wrong, the kiss was NOT acceptable, in fact she told him that, and she tried to push him away at the time. and she told franken in no uncertain terms that if he ever did that again, she would not be so nice the next time. sorry but the more that comes out about franken, the less i like him, and i did like him in the first place. the man is a pig and should step down from office.

Old 11-16-2017, 08:09 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
wrong, the kiss was NOT acceptable, in fact she told him that, and she tried to push him away at the time. and she told franken in no uncertain terms that if he ever did that again, she would not be so nice the next time. sorry but the more that comes out about franken, the less i like him, and i did like him in the first place. the man is a pig and should step down from office.
I think we need to apply that standard to everyone who anyone feels has done anything remotely inappropriate with a member of the opposite sex, then. Will you like how that goes?

Old 11-16-2017, 08:16 PM

5,047 posts, read 6,349,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
Calling her bluff. Who the hell sleeps like that ? She s faking.
People who are exhausted and on a military transport plan. It's a pretty common napping position in that situation. It's not like there's reclining seats.

Old 11-16-2017, 08:29 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 29 days ago)

27,651 posts, read 16,138,284 times
Potus weighs in on “Al Frankenstein” lol
https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump

Old 11-16-2017, 08:37 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
No, the kiss was fine. The skit was fine.

It's technically "art". And in fact, it was an original piece of art so there's no real direction on how to go about the kiss.

It was creepy by her standards. Probably by the overwhelming number of folks and their standards but you don't know until it happens and if you give consent...you take it and then go from there.

That's the disappointing part in all of this: even mentioning the skit. It's meaningless.

The real problem is the pictures. Simulating assault is creepy, not illegal or even a violation of the non-aggression principle, but that pic is ugly.

If physical contact was made without consent and she was asleep that's assault and a clear violation of the NAP.

I haven't checked in on this story in a few hours so I hope nothing else broke but this is where I was at earlier this afternoon.

Old 11-16-2017, 08:46 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post

If physical contact was made without consent and she was asleep that's assault and a clear violation of the NAP.

I haven't checked in on this story in a few hours so I hope nothing else broke but this is where I was at earlier this afternoon.
Based on the picture doesn't look like he's touching her at all. His left pinkie is seen through his other fingers (you wouldn't see that if he were making contact) and the shadows are off.

Looks like he's merely simulating the appearance of having his hands over that area for the camera, but never actually touched her.

Old 11-16-2017, 08:51 PM

3,187 posts, read 1,509,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
<snip> The real problem is the pictures. Simulating assault is creepy, not illegal or even a violation of the non-aggression principle, but that pic is ugly.

Yep. Not sure if anyone else picked up on this, but due to how she is dressed my mind went right to all those women in the military being assaulted. It's a big problem (not saying he was doing that) but it certainly could appear to some that he is mocking female soldiers.

Old 11-16-2017, 08:53 PM

4,053 posts, read 8,256,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
It's a joke, there are other people around
Who was the joke on? That poor, defenseless, sleeping woman?

On all women?

Beyond tasteless. Beyond disgusting.

Last edited by photobuff42; 11-16-2017 at 09:22 PM..

Old 11-16-2017, 08:56 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,749,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I think we need to apply that standard to everyone who anyone feels has done anything remotely inappropriate with a member of the opposite sex, then. Will you like how that goes?
Still deflecting huh? Why not just take a minute and admit that this is unacceptable, without trying to point the finger elsewhere? You can do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies