Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2017, 01:41 AM

2,112 posts, read 1,142,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Do you actually believe that the president is supposed to "run the country"?
it's a figure of speech

Being the executive of the most powerful country of the world is not the same as campaigning

I don't expect Trumplings to know the difference because they love campaign slogans but despise actual governing because it's soooo boring

MAGA!!

Old 11-19-2017, 02:20 AM

33,315 posts, read 12,551,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Hillary Clinton on Saturday said that President Trump is "obsessed" with her post-election criticisms of him, questioning how he is able to get work done "between tweeting and golfing."

"I'm going to keep speaking out," Clinton said at an event celebrating the 25th anniversary of former President Bill Clinton's 1992 electoral victory. "Apparently my former opponent is obsessed with me speaking out."

"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the worst (and biggest) loser of all time," he tweeted. "She just can't stop, which is so good for the Republican Party. Hillary, get on with your life and give it another try in three years!"

Clinton, who sparred bitterly with Trump on the campaign trail in 2016, has continued to criticize the real estate mogul throughout his first year in the Oval Office.
But Trump has also continued his campaign-trail attacks on the former secretary of State, often boasting about his electoral victory over her

Clinton: How does Trump get things done 'between tweeting and golfing?'

Before someone tries to peg me as a liberal let me say this: I don't like her didn't vote for her she was/is just as wrong for this country as Trump. But damn she's got a point the man does nothing but golf and tweet.
IMO, part of the reason she is doing this is that she realizes that she is 'getting under Trump's skin', so to speak, and that that brings her satisfaction.

However, I think a bigger reason is that she still craves being in the limelight.

The best thing Trump could do is to ignore her, but I don't know if he is capable of doing that (not re her specifically, but with many who criticize him).

Additionally, I think recent events, culminating with Kirsten Gillibrand saying that Bill should have resigned re Monica Lewinsky, have made her realize that....politically....the Clinton years have come to an end.

Old 11-19-2017, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Golf is exercise and I think he is being a good example for businessmen and women to encourage them to get exercise too.
He's the guy who rode in a golf cart between two buildings, while all of the other world leaders at that particular event walked between the two buildings.

Old 11-19-2017, 02:31 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,297,747 times
Those 2 are more alike than either of the hardcore party liners on this forum would like to admit. It's no surprise they used to be closer friends back in the day.

If either of them could stop the petty back and forth bickering I might respect them a bit more, but she does have a point about his golfing.

It's like rabid Trump supports can't see his obvious flaws and rabid Hillary supporters can't see hers, and each side criticizes the other as though their candidate would have solved all the nation's problems. The left just can't see why some of us didn't want to vote for Hillary, and why Trump to us moderates was the "lessor of two evils."

Old 11-19-2017, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
I think it's kind of funny. Trump can't seem to get off the campaign trail. He deflects and blames everything that's going wrong now - in his White House - on either Hillary or Obama. She ignored him for a while. Now I think it's funny that she's decided to take the attitude, well heck if Trump wants to keep me in the limelight, I'm going to keep doing interviews LOL.
Give me a break. She's doing it because SHE likes the attention.

Quote:
I don't think he ever really expected to win. He doesn't appear to have any real agenda or vision for America. He was just always anti-Obama, then anti-Hillary. He is stuck in that campaign rhetoric loop. All Trump really cares about is attention and admiration. China so had his number. Just roll out the pomp and circumstance and he'll go away happy.
I agree with you. I don't think he expected to win.

Old 11-19-2017, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
Those 2 are more alike than either of the hardcore party liners on this forum would like to admit. It's no surprise they used to be closer friends back in the day.

If either of them could stop the petty back and forth bickering I might respect them a bit more, but she does have a point about his golfing.

It's like rabid Trump supports can't see his obvious flaws and rabid Hillary supporters can't see hers, and each side criticizes the other as though their candidate would have solved all the nation's problems. The left just can't see why some of us didn't want to vote for Hillary, and why Trump to us moderates was the "lessor of two evils."

It cracked me up when, at one event before the election, Hillary accidentally referred to Trump as her husband.

Old 11-19-2017, 05:59 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,547,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732;50169523

As far as I am concerned, the less bills that a president gets passed the better. Do we really need more laws all the time?

No, we don't need anymore laws or raised taxes. We NEED people like Trump And Hillary out of politics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post

Hack job Hillary shouldn't even be relevant at this point.

Hillary shouldn't be relevant but Trump loves to pounce on her and anyone else on the left when he's under attack of course they all do this.

Old 11-19-2017, 06:01 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,354,326 times
Poor Clinton's. God bless them.

Old 11-19-2017, 07:28 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,285,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Hillary Clinton on Saturday said that President Trump is "obsessed" with her post-election criticisms of him, questioning how he is able to get work done "between tweeting and golfing."

"I'm going to keep speaking out," Clinton said at an event celebrating the 25th anniversary of former President Bill Clinton's 1992 electoral victory. "Apparently my former opponent is obsessed with me speaking out."

"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the worst (and biggest) loser of all time," he tweeted. "She just can't stop, which is so good for the Republican Party. Hillary, get on with your life and give it another try in three years!"

Clinton, who sparred bitterly with Trump on the campaign trail in 2016, has continued to criticize the real estate mogul throughout his first year in the Oval Office.
But Trump has also continued his campaign-trail attacks on the former secretary of State, often boasting about his electoral victory over her

Clinton: How does Trump get things done 'between tweeting and golfing?'

Before someone tries to peg me as a liberal let me say this: I don't like her didn't vote for her she was/is just as wrong for this country as Trump. But damn she's got a point the man does nothing but golf and tweet.
A tweet is 140 characters. How many tweets does he send out each day? 2? 4? 10?
Not much time to type up a tweet.

All presidents spend a lot of time golfing --- Obama for one.

Trump is working at least as hard as Obama and likely much harder.

Old 11-19-2017, 07:43 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,274,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
She is telling the truth. All he does is golf and tweet.
This is true, and the kicker is that he can't even get these things done in Washington.

He goes to NJ ever weekend in the summer and FL every weekend in the winter to ensure he can play golf. He's already starting--he's going to Maralago (with his 70 freshly imported foreign workers) for Thanksgiving.

This is how Trump 'puts America first.' He patronizes his own properties and pays foreign workers. What a contribution to the American workers and economy!

In contrast, the Obamas served food to the homeless and vets on Thanksgiving. Bush visited the troops in Iraq.

The Trumps luxuriate at a 5-star resort. And the cult still believes Trump is a man of the people? What a joke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies