Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2017, 01:31 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,687,712 times

Advertisements

I asked how Trump is helping them.
Some of you fail to grasp basic logic. He ran on helping them. He said he was going to do GREAT things for them. He was not going to forget then and kiss their boo-boos so they don't hurt.

Yet he is doing worse (especially by the time frame for decisions) than before....

I asked for a simple explanation. I end up with a conclusion. Trump is NOT helping the forgotten man...and, in fact, many things are getting worse under Trump. There certainly is not some like of CCC or WPA Program helping these people with Trump flying in regularly to make sure the money goes to the right places.

In fact, if Trumpcare takes affect - they will be even worse off.

thanks for your answers, but we were not measuring IKE or Nixon in this thread. We were holding the current POTUS to his #1 promise. Big Difference that many of you apparently are blind to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2017, 01:35 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,687,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post

Anyway, my point is: the number of 10,002 is perhaps not that unreasonable, when you consider the whole picture. If you identify 1.1 million people, and they were all healthy, what number would you expect to die, for whatever reason, during the course of a year? If the 1.1 million were generally unhealthy, wouldn't one expect that number to be higher?

I often speak out against those that cite 'numbers', without some context.
So your point is that Trump should have shouted during those rallies "I'll make sure more and more people die from lack of being able to get the basics of food and medical care".???

But he didn't. So your stats mean nothing.

Better
Great
Winning
these words mean something. Is the care better? Is it great? Are we willing beyond belief?

I'd say not - which means unkept promises. Of course, Trump supporters don't seem to care at all whether his promises are kept. What's with that? Do they just enjoy a fat entertainer with a smart alec mouth and all else goes out the window?

Old 11-21-2017, 01:40 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
So your point is that Trump should have shouted during those rallies "I'll make sure more and more people die from lack of being able to get the basics of food and medical care".???

Better
Great
Winning
these words mean something. Is the care better? Is it great? Are we willing beyond belief?

I'd say not - which means unkept promises. Of course, Trump supporters don't seem to care at all whether his promises are kept. What's with that? Do they just enjoy a fat entertainer with a smart alec mouth and all else goes out the window?

Obviously you did not read nor comprehend your own link.....

Old 11-21-2017, 01:40 PM

13,694 posts, read 9,018,075 times
Quote:

Better
Great
Winning

Recall, I was not discussing Mr. Trump at all. The problems with the disability program (in the OP's link) far predate him.

Indeed, I do not recall Mr. Trump addressing the disability issue at all; he did address the Veterans problems, which is a whole other issue, and not related in any way to the OP's issue addressed by the Post article.

I was addressing the issue concerning 10,002 people dying in fiscal 2017 while waiting for a decision on their application for disability. Perhaps you could start at the beginning of this thread, and read on.

Edited to add: Ha! I see that you ARE the OP! What in the world are you talking about? Did you even read your own link?

Old 11-21-2017, 01:43 PM

2,112 posts, read 1,142,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Recall, I was not discussing Mr. Trump at all. The problems with the disability program (in the OP's link) far predate him.

Indeed, I do not recall Mr. Trump addressing the disability issue at all; he did address the Veterans problems, which is a whole other issue, and not related in any way to the OP's issue addressed by the Post article.

I was addressing the issue concerning 10,002 people dying in fiscal 2017 while waiting for a decision on their application for disability. Perhaps you could start at the beginning of this thread, and read on.
The thread is about Trump, so if you weren't discussing him why comment on it

Whether the problem predates him doesnt excuse Trump

The housing crisis predated Obama but I still hold him responsbile for his actiions during his tenure

This is Trump's show now and it's all on him now, if not then he sholdn't have taken the job

Old 11-21-2017, 01:47 PM

36,549 posts, read 30,891,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
The thread is about Trump, so if you weren't discussing him why comment on it

Whether the problem predates him doesnt excuse Trump

The housing crisis predated Obama but I still hold him responsbile for his actiions during his tenure

This is Trump's show now and it's all on him now, if not then he sholdn't have taken the job
Because the poster is sharing his/her experience of having actually worked with disability claims so that we have a better insight into the workings.
Though some of us refuse to actually get a better understanding and would rather just blindly blame Trump.

Old 11-21-2017, 01:49 PM

36,549 posts, read 30,891,756 times
Quote:
I asked how Trump is helping them.
Some of you fail to grasp basic logic. He ran on helping them. He said he was going to do GREAT things for them. He was not going to forget then and kiss their boo-boos so they don't hurt.

Yet he is doing worse (especially by the time frame for decisions) than before....

I asked for a simple explanation. I end up with a conclusion. Trump is NOT helping the forgotten man...and, in fact, many things are getting worse under Trump. There certainly is not some like of CCC or WPA Program helping these people with Trump flying in regularly to make sure the money goes to the right places.

In fact, if Trumpcare takes affect - they will be even worse off.

thanks for your answers, but we were not measuring IKE or Nixon in this thread. We were holding the current POTUS to his #1 promise. Big Difference that many of you apparently are blind to.
I asked you what is it you expect him to do about it.
And he did not run on Im going to make sure all those who applied for disability dont have to wait and get a check immediately.

Old 11-21-2017, 02:10 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,247,766 times
As having been there and done that i can guarantee you that SS will lie and lie to you.was in Costa Rica and they cut my SS in half and quit doing my auto deposit. I had to return to the USA and got no where for 6 months except lies. Only when i told them i was filing a complaint with my US State Representative they had my Dr exam arranged in 2 days! After telling me i just had to be patient. They got it done in a total of about 5 weeks irrc. The Admin Judges are good people.

Old 11-21-2017, 02:18 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,657,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
how was obama helping them?
Obama didn't take money from disabled workers.

Trumps budget cuts Social Security Disability benefits by $70 billion dollars over the next 10 years.
Donald Trump Budget: Who Loses Disability Benefits | Time

Then Trump plans to transfer that SS disability funding to billionaires like himself via tax cuts.
Trump Hands 80 Percent of Proposed Tax Cut to Top 1 Percent – Mother Jones

Old 11-21-2017, 02:21 PM

11,109 posts, read 7,174,871 times
It's inconvenient for Trump to care about those folks. They're not like him, they're not the type of friends and buddies he hangs out with, and they don't feed his political coffers. They're invisible to him. He's the ultimate anti-president, Traitor In Chief.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies