Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2017, 04:31 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,179,518 times

Advertisements

It’s not what you do but how you do it. Not that hard to understand. Too many men act like they have no home training and that’s the problem in most cases.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2017, 04:33 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,315,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
The accusations are not evidence, but neither are the words of those who say he has always been a gentleman. Just about everyone who has ever been convicted of a crime has had friends and family members who reacted with shock and dismay, and never would have believed their loved one or colleague to be capable of such behavior. Before you get all defensive, that is not a commentary on Trump himself, or anything he may or may not have done (although I do have my opinions about both), it's just a fact.
Point well taken, but I think anyone who has worked closely with Donald Trump for many years probably knows his character pretty well. I have also said, "if you want to know what kind of man Trump is, look at his children."

Old 11-23-2017, 04:45 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,591,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Point well taken, but I think anyone who has worked closely with Donald Trump for many years probably knows his character pretty well. I have also said, "if you want to know what kind of man Trump is, look at his children."
I think I will let someone else address that.

I will, however, offer a suggestion of my own: If you want to know what kind of man Trump is around women, look at his marriages.

Old 11-23-2017, 05:52 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,608,522 times
There is no right or wrong answer here, this is going to vary depending on the person, Ive met plenty of females in my time that were interested in a guy but liked to appear otherwise, it was a game to them, and the times I backed out of playing (because I thought she was not interested), she asked me why I stopped, and eventually I learned 'the game' she was playing, and then on the other extreme, Ive known plenty of women who actually do prefer to be harassed in this way, some consider it foreplay and very stimulating, it really just depends on the person, everyone is different.

Old 11-23-2017, 05:56 AM

39,076 posts, read 51,246,227 times
You can get in trouble for both of these - especially compliments. Things are getting so complicated these days. This may be why we see so many young men and women choosing to have same sex partners.

Old 11-23-2017, 06:06 AM

2,951 posts, read 2,520,332 times
^^^LMAO! Thanks for the chuckles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Well, I think we have a summary from this! Some guys think it is OK to walk around and compliment women on their looks....as part and parcel of their lifestyle. Another bunch (the reasonable, IMHO) thinks there is absolutely no reason to do so and it often can be taken wrongly.

The time to provide that compliment is AFTER you are already into a deep relationship and enjoying the fruits. Up until then most should go unsaid....

I feel like some guys here bought mail-order books on how to pick up girls.

It is true that is you make a fool of yourself and ask 100 women for sex while complimenting them, you will likely end up with 2-7 scores. But, first of all, that would mean that was your desire (as opposed to a relationship) and secondly you'd have to make a arse of yourself 90-something times. Some guys don't care - copy machine salespeople, for instance, used to get 98 NO's to 2 YES's.

During my stint asking everyone I never scored...but they were always my friends. They just thought I was a horny teen and I would have prob scored sooner or later. But there was really one one I desired. We are married 45 years now.

You think men are going to go far with women telling them they looks nice etc AFTER you are in a deep relationship and 'enjoying the fruits.'
You must of dated women who were very desperate. No telling her once she looks nice before you get this far? Harrassment is unwanted, classless and continual. YOu could find share a hey you look wonderful tonight.

Frankly you are only talking about sex and scoring. Which is pathetic.

45 years married, hold on to that one like grime death. Cause you are sounding like a dirty old man.

The man mentioned a few posts up, is harrasssing and assaulting. P*$$y grabbing is assault. Neither his wives or children are quality people of any type. 16 accusers, he admits it on tape and yet lies about it in person. There is a fine leader. *cough* Its only a matter of time.

Last edited by foundapeanut; 11-23-2017 at 06:15 AM..

Old 11-23-2017, 06:35 AM

23,563 posts, read 17,237,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
https://mobile.twitter.com/RaymondAr...85190791766018

Lots of young people feel they are. What do you trying k?
By today's standards they are harassment by default.

A woman may say it is not harassment today and tomorrow claim it was harassment.

the harassment charge is totally dependent on a woman's perception. You may argue it was a one time question but circumstances may accumulate to make that one time, a harassment claim.

You need to contact the woman's father or brother to ask permission to speak with her. Then go to a lawyer and notary and get an expiration date and time for your efforts.

Maybe she is not a woman.
then you have insulted pronounX.

Never ever compliment a woman on looks!!!!!! that is reserved for other humans that appear as women.

You may speak to a woman only when she initiates a conversation.
"Get the heck away from me!' does not constitute the start of a two way conversation.

Old 11-23-2017, 07:20 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,020,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
Because he has followed and re-tweeted White Supremacist tweets about White genocide and Blacks killing Whites at astronomical rates

If you follow a White supremacist twitter account and re-tweet stories about White genocide, you are probably a racist

Trump Retweets Alt-Right Leader Who Has Praised White Supremacist Richard Spencer
Was the tweet incorrect? It certainly wasn't "racist".

Quote:
"Meanwhile: 39 shootings in Chicago this weekend, 9 deaths. No national media outrage. Why is that?"

Old 11-23-2017, 07:24 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,020,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
There is no right or wrong answer here, this is going to vary depending on the person, Ive met plenty of females in my time that were interested in a guy but liked to appear otherwise, it was a game to them, and the times I backed out of playing (because I thought she was not interested), she asked me why I stopped, and eventually I learned 'the game' she was playing, and then on the other extreme, Ive known plenty of women who actually do prefer to be harassed in this way, some consider it foreplay and very stimulating, it really just depends on the person, everyone is different.
But in today's atmosphere employment and legal safety dictates that you refrain from any such actions.
I guess if you have multiple witnesses on hand AND a certified recording a person would maybe be okay...

Old 11-23-2017, 07:38 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,884,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
It’s not what you do but how you do it. Not that hard to understand. Too many men act like they have no home training and that’s the problem in most cases.
Exactly. Timing matters as well. The Who matters also. The company scumbag doing it is always wrong. That guy who always compliments a woman on her perfume, hair, make up, and clothes etc. That guy who feels the need to render the uninvited shoulder massage. Yeah he is always wrong for the compliment.

Me? I just don't do it. I keep the conversations adult and avoid the flattery or sexual stuff. I will say this. The women where I work in general initiate more of those conversations than the men. It's all fun and games until they aren't in the mood then it's a harassment situation.
I had one showing nude selfies, pics of her sex toys, talking about her piercings etc. She was the first one to complain that the men were overly aggressive to touchy feely. She was the bomb waiting to go off. I warned the men on my team to not join in and most listened. 2 did not. 1 lost his job and the other took a helluva rip.
She was moved to another team, where she repeated her behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies