Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2017, 04:53 PM

62,974 posts, read 29,162,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
When these types are also against diversity and equal rights under the law along with them supporting voter suppression you're damn right they'll be called out. This isn't your granddaddy's America...

I didn't mention objecting to diversity or equal rights so why even bring that up in the scenario I presented? Stick to the uncalled for labeling that white conservatives get for the things I mentioned, will you? Voter suppression? So it's wrong to make sure that everyone that votes is a citizen of this country? How is that voter suppression? What does my grandaddy's America have to do with that?

Old 12-16-2017, 04:55 PM

73,032 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yep. The usual.
I've heard the same complaint over and over. I try to ask said persons how I would be harmed by diversity(not illegals, as illegal immigration is a different subject). So far said persons never really answer my question.

Old 12-16-2017, 04:59 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,673,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
In my area, there has ALWAYS been lots "Diversity". But they didn't care about that, back in the old days. It was a meaningless term to them. Even just fifty-sixty years ago.
All that DID matter was working hard and making money, whatever your ethnic background (and church, for most of them). When that's all you're focused on, then people get along great. And everybody prospers, oddly enogh.

Today, this phony push for "Diversity" has pushed all of that aside.
So inbred is better? I guess that’s why the Confederacy lost.

Old 12-17-2017, 01:04 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,135,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I didn't mention objecting to diversity or equal rights so why even bring that up in the scenario I presented? Stick to the uncalled for labeling that white conservatives get for the things I mentioned, will you? Voter suppression? So it's wrong to make sure that everyone that votes is a citizen of this country? How is that voter suppression? What does my grandaddy's America have to do with that?
No, but you infer your stance.. To be honest, I don't provide a shoulder for conservatives to cry on. If you prefer to knock down straw men, go ahead. I've never labeled someone with a label that they didn't deserve.

Old 12-17-2017, 08:17 AM

62,974 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
No, but you infer your stance.. To be honest, I don't provide a shoulder for conservatives to cry on. If you prefer to knock down straw men, go ahead. I've never labeled someone with a label that they didn't deserve.

Infer my stance? How so and just what is supposedly my stance? Who's crying? Knock down what straw men? The point is that far too many liberals and ethnocentrics call all white Americans for the rule of law, enforcement of them, limiting immigration to sensible numbers for those who will be a benefit to our country and strong vetting for those from known terrorists countries, and voter ID as being white supremacists. Remain in denial if you wish but it's the truth. My gut and from your written posts tells me you view those white Americans in the same way and for the same reasons.

I have no problem with diversity of race whatsoever. But we shouldn't be overwhelmed with immigrants from cultures different than ours who refuse to assimilate into our society. I believe in equality for everyone....that's my stance.

Old 12-17-2017, 10:28 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,135,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Infer my stance? How so and just what is supposedly my stance? Who's crying? Knock down what straw men? The point is that far too many liberals and ethnocentrics call all white Americans for the rule of law, enforcement of them, limiting immigration to sensible numbers for those who will be a benefit to our country and strong vetting for those from known terrorists countries, and voter ID as being white supremacists. Remain in denial if you wish but it's the truth. My gut and from your written posts tells me you view those white Americans in the same way and for the same reasons.

I have no problem with diversity of race whatsoever. But we shouldn't be overwhelmed with immigrants from cultures different than ours who refuse to assimilate into our society. I believe in equality for everyone....that's my stance.
In one breath you say you're not against diversity & support equal rights then in the next breath you advocate limiting immigration for people that don't share your "culture" and support for voter suppression. You can't make these things up people...

I'll be honest, I view those that support voter suppression and those that are unaccepting and intolerant of different cultures as the worst part of American culture. These same people have been the primary antagonists against civil rights and equality throughout American history. MLK Jr. died fighting these same people...

Old 12-17-2017, 10:32 AM

25,770 posts, read 18,826,754 times
It's like everything else the left promotes in their war against humanity. Whatever it is they preach from their soapbox, you can bet your ass is exactly the opposite of what they are trying to accomplish. "Diversity" is simply another crusade that is one hundred eighty degrees out of phase with the true intent.

Old 12-17-2017, 10:35 AM

11,800 posts, read 5,801,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Well, this is about like saying that most black folks don't have 40 acres and a mule.

Republicans (example: SC) tend to build gated communities with security and (often) high prices. With a new worth of 1/10th or less of the average American and having had their mule and 40 acres reneged upon, I wouldn't expect black folks to be filling up "Gold's Landing" or any other exclusive community.

This has to go down as one of the most profound statements ever on CD. Poor people need to live in small cheap houses. Wow. Maybe a Nobel Prize is in order?
Liberals ( example: CA ) tend to build mansions behind gates with security and high prices while making 100 times what an average American does. They appease their consciences by championing the causes of those they have no connections to. And yet those poor people continue to live in small cheap houses while these multi millionaires continue to live behind their gates in their mansions.

Old 12-17-2017, 10:45 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,928,804 times
Quote:
In one breath you say you're not against diversity & support equal rights then in the next breath you advocate limiting immigration for people that don't share your "culture" and support for voter suppression. You can't make these things up people...

I'll be honest, I view those that support voter suppression and those that are unaccepting and intolerant of different cultures as the worst part of American culture. These same people have been the primary antagonists against civil rights and equality throughout American history. MLK Jr. died fighting these same people...
So spot on. MLK described similarly:

Quote:
...history reveals that America has been a schizophrenic personality ...
Dr. King presented the following speech at the New York Civil War Centennial Commission’s Emancipation Proclamation Observance, New York City, September 12, 1962

Emancipation Proclamation Centennial Address, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

https://www.nps.gov/anti/learn/histo...ure/mlk-ep.htm

Old 12-17-2017, 10:46 AM

5,315 posts, read 2,115,337 times
Did we ever get a description of the One True American culture in here yet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies