Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2017, 04:44 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,615,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blanker View Post
Your post is a contradiction. The first sentence you state calling an actual Jew "Schlomo" is, you say, a slur.

But using an indian name for someone who is not indian is the opposite. She's not indian. He's highlighting and mocking the fact she is not indian, as she claims she is.

This is all PC nonsense. REDSKIN might be a slur but I notice Washington still has a football team by that name.
Again, did you trace her entire family tree to prove that she isn't even 1/32? I asked you before and you didn't answer......

Old 11-28-2017, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
No it is not up for debate. It is a confirmed fact. Trump basically had to apologize for a U.S. Senator using THEIR heritage for her PERSONAL GAIN. It was totally appropriate. All this Faux outrage is just a bunch of Virtue Signaling.
Again, show me the family tree that has not one Native American in it.....

Btw, you can't judge by looks. Both Jennifer Beals and Rashida Jones are half black (both have Black fathers and White mothers), yet both look white.

Old 11-28-2017, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
IMO, ^^^^^ = Game, Set, Match .

Some other posts on the thread (at least 2-3 that I recall) can be summed up with 'What makes you think/Why do you think Warren might be lying?'.....

.....two things off the top of my head:

1. She refused to take a DNA test.

2. She doesn't have any ancestors on The Dawes Rolls.
One, taking a DNA test just dignifies her attackers

Two, not all NA's were on the Dawes Rolls

Three, it was not used for personal gain. Harvard (unless they officially lied on the record) didn't consider her ethnic background in her hire!

Old 11-28-2017, 04:51 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,540,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Aside from the racial slur, the entire televised ceremony was held in front of Andrew "Trail of Tears" Jackson.

Trump undersands visuals and optics. It was an insult to these and other brave Americans and a wink to his racist base.
I could be wrong, but I think you may be giving Trump too much credit......

I'm thinking about Trump's fogginess re Andrew Jackson and the Civil War........

Trump makes puzzling claim about Andrew Jackson, Civil War - LA Times

Old 11-28-2017, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
1. After this became 'a controversy/big media story', Warren refused to take a DNA test.

2. Warren doesn't have any ancestors on The Dawes Rolls.
https://media.glamour.com/photos/569...jones-main.jpg

Should the woman in ^this picture take a DNA test to prove she is half black?

Old 11-28-2017, 05:04 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,540,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
One, taking a DNA test just dignifies her attackers

Two, not all NA's were on the Dawes Rolls

Three, it was not used for personal gain. Harvard (unless they officially lied on the record) didn't consider her ethnic background in her hire!
You're a progressive. Of course you think Three/#3 matters. See my post #286 on this thread (it's too long to type again) re why you (thought wise, not you personally) and people who agree with you look at this one way and I (and people who agree with me) look at it another, and that it's not something that is ever going to be agreed upon.

Old 11-28-2017, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post
Liberals are oblivious that Elizabeth Warren falsely claimed that she was a Native American in order to get into Harvard and boost her career.
Unless Harvard lied (real doubtful), they did not consider her ethnic background when hiring her

Old 11-28-2017, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
So...how exactly, is Pocahontas a "racist slur"? She was a real, respected person and a Native American. Warren LIED and pretended to be of NA decent and used that lie to beat our ACTUAL Native Americans in order to get preferential treatment in hiring. She is a despicable person and deserves to be called out. Fauxahontas might be more appropriate, but the message is the same. She lied and took advantage of Native Americans for personal, financial gain. Nothing "racist" about calling her out on that. The only "racists" are the ones trying to excuse her actions.
Again, unless you have her family tree, you have nothing!

Old 11-28-2017, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
These brave men were honored for being the real deal unlike Warren who basically stole a job from someone else more deserving when she claimed to be part Native American.

What Warren did is similar to stolen valor where someone lies and claims to have served in the military.

We know what Trump was trying to say but once again he stuck his foot in his mouth.
Nope, that is the Scott Brown narrative, which Harvard officially debunked on the record

Old 11-28-2017, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
Since she lied about her heritage, I'm happy to have Trump call her out on it and show the world what a liar she is. Don't give the man fuel and he won't be able to fan the fire. You Lina can't stand having someone throw your lies back in your face. If she is going to play the race car, then he can use it against her when she lied about it. Good going, Donald.
Again, track down her family tree or you have nothing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies