Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2017, 06:14 AM

18,462 posts, read 7,096,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpat View Post
You do understand that the only people who find this offensive are mostly white Liberals......right?

Elizabeth Warren brought this on herself.

The Left's faux outrage knows no bounds.

Old 11-28-2017, 06:15 AM

3,519 posts, read 2,823,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
This is a bit of a non sequitur, but do white people look at Rashida Jones and not to see the black? The first time I saw her I knew she was at least partially black, and that’s before I knew her name.
I did not think she was partially black. I though she may be of South Pacific ancestry.

More non sequitur - Michael Scott on "The Office" said she was "exotic looking" when her character came from another office to Scranton.

Old 11-28-2017, 06:16 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,308,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
Since she lied about her heritage, I'm happy to have Trump call her out on it and show the world what a liar she is. Don't give the man fuel and he won't be able to fan the fire. You Lina can't stand having someone throw your lies back in your face. If she is going to play the race car, then he can use it against her when she lied about it. Good going, Donald.
This ceremony was not about Trump or Warren. Trump made it about both of them (mostly himself).

Your argument is silly. It's like raising a glass to toast at an old friends wedding, and choosing that moment to remind everyone that the brides-made cheated with your boyfriend at the high-school prom.

Accurate: Maybe, maybe not.
Irrelevant: Absolutely
Completely void of any class: DING DING DING

Old 11-28-2017, 06:17 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,619,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
It was a mean spirited thing for Trump to say, injecting partisan politics into what was supposed to be a moment for the native American veterans. It was stupid. Warren is a loser and she should shut her yap given she's guilty of making up her family's ethnic background for her own gain.
I think Trump's letting power go to his head given he's got Hillary and now John MCcain ready to vanish off the political landscape and who knows who else.
Loser, huh. Are you teaching at Harvard? Are you a sitting US Senator? That seems like winner to me.....

Old 11-28-2017, 06:18 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,022,039 times
Doesn't matter if it's a racial slur or a slur, it was totally inappropriate.

You don't use a celebrated native Americans name for any sort of slur while claiming to be honoring them. Unless you're the douche bag in chief apparently. Then it's fine. Someone did this in private business or a member of congress heads would be rolling.

every time you downplay it, you okay it. How would you like being 90 years old, being honored for serving your country, and some clown uses that moment to be petty?

And for crying out loud remember to move Jacksons portrait. The code talkers in WWII saved thousands upon thousands of American lives. It was the only code not broken, despite sever torture inflicted on any captured.

Old 11-28-2017, 06:18 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,016,074 times
Here is the transcript of the remarks that President Bush (the Younger) made when he met with the Navajo Code Talkers in 2001:

https://georgewbush-whitehouse.archi...0010726-5.html

Here are the remarks President Obama (the First of his Name) made when addressing the Tribal Nations Conference, including recognizing the Code Talkers in attendance:

https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov...ons-conference

Here be the transcript of President Trump's remarks yesterday:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press...n-code-talkers

Note that Mr. Trump did not deliver his prepared remarks:

Mr. Trump: "That was so incredible, and now I don't have to make my speech. I had the most beautiful speech written out. I was so proud of it. Look. And I thought you would leave out Iwo Jima, but you got that in the end, too. (Laughter.)

And I want to tell you -- you said you're 90 years old? That's great, because you have good genes. That means the press has got me to kick around for a long time. (Laughter.)

That was beautiful. I loved that and I loved your delivery. And the Code Talkers are amazing. And seriously, it is what I said. So what I'm going to do is give you my speech, and I want you to hold that. And I know you like me, so you'll save it. But that was so well delivered, from the heart. That was from the heart.

So I want to give you this speech because I don't want to bore them with saying the same thing you just said. And you said it better, believe me, because you said it from here. And I mean it from there too."

So, the guests were expecting the President of the United States of America to make a short speech praising said guests, but, instead, he gave one of them a binder containing the speech, to read, I guess, at his leisure.

What did Mr. Trump mean by the 'good genes'? Was he claiming some Native American heritage?

I also rather liked when Mr. Trump called General Kelly 'the general and the chief'.

Old 11-28-2017, 06:19 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,619,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
This is a bit of a non sequitur, but do white people look at Rashida Jones and not to see the black? The first time I saw her I knew she was at least partially black, and that’s before I knew her name.
I first saw her in the movie I Love You, Man where she played Paul Rudd's girlfriend and eventually fiance, and I thought she looked full blooded white in that, I had to look up that she was Quincy Jones' daughter

Old 11-28-2017, 06:19 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,114,351 times
Only a trash human being like Donald Trump would think it was a good idea to bring up his racist and insensitive nickname of a hated rival "Pocahontas"........ while honoring Native Americans.

IS THERE A SINGLE TRUMP SUPPORTER THAT WILL ACKNOWLEDGE DONALD WAS WRONG?!?!

Old 11-28-2017, 06:21 AM

12,964 posts, read 13,684,417 times
When he put his hand on that poor guy's shoulder I thought, here it comes, the ethnic joke. Ask any minority and they will tell you about the time when they were the only minority at a diner party or reception and a guy just like Trump puts his hand on your shoulder and tells the lamest ethnic joke ever.

Oh yeah, I forgot we'er not talking about the President's garish behavior at a solemn event, but can you imagine the highlights reel that he is compiling for the Democrats to use in the next election. It will play like a Keystone Cops short.

Old 11-28-2017, 06:22 AM

3,840 posts, read 3,069,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpat View Post
So you guys are not only OK with pedophilia and sexual assault, but also OK with racial slurs against native Americans - got it.

Is Elizabeth Warren a native American?

Oh okay, I didn't think so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies