Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2017, 06:23 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,619,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUMAN View Post
Is Elizabeth Warren a native American?

Oh okay, I didn't think so.
No one has proved she isn't 1/32

Old 11-28-2017, 06:28 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,114,351 times
Notice how many Trump supporters focus on Elizabeth Warren's heritage and REFUSE to acknowledge the comments that Trump made?

THAT'S
when you know they have no defense for Donald.

Old 11-28-2017, 06:28 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,030,238 times
The use of the word is a racial slur. Forget if Warren is or isn't - it is irrelevant. Trump does not understand that it was inappropriate and detracted from paying honor to these great men. Trump made it about Trump and his vendetta against a woman. He can't attack her policies because he doesn't know how to talk policy so he attacks with a childish, personal nick name. It's not embarrassing anymore -- it's expected. He's a child.

Old 11-28-2017, 06:29 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,796,960 times
I wonder if there's an Indian somewhere who didn't get into Harvard Law because Warren took her place.

Old 11-28-2017, 06:30 AM

3,519 posts, read 2,823,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
You do understand that the only people who find this offensive are mostly white Liberals......right?

Elizabeth Warren brought this on herself.

The Left's faux outrage knows no bounds.
No. This was a ceremony to honor individuals that served our county. There was no purpose whatsoever to call out any political rival or mention Elizabeth Warren as "Pocahontas". Especially in the ham-handed Trump worked it into the introduction.

Go back into the history of presidents presiding over these types of ceremonies to see how many, if any, where the president felt the need to interject a political attack on a rival. Trump made himself look like a fool.

And incidentally, Trump said "...they call her "Pocahontas", when in actually he is the one that calls Warren "Pocahontas". The only one who Trump made look like phony is himself.

Old 11-28-2017, 06:31 AM

8,505 posts, read 4,567,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Notice how many Trump supporters focus on Elizabeth Warren's heritage and REFUSE to acknowledge the comments that Trump made?

THAT'S
when you know they have no defense for Donald.

It is quite bizarre. Those comments had no place in such a ceremony yesterday. They are indefensible.

Old 11-28-2017, 06:31 AM

12,906 posts, read 15,666,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
The use of the word is a racial slur. Forget if Warren is or isn't - it is irrelevant. Trump does not understand that it was inappropriate and detracted from paying honor to these great men. Trump made it about Trump and his vendetta against a woman. He can't attack her policies because he doesn't know how to talk policy so he attacks with a childish, personal nick name. It's not embarrassing anymore -- it's expected. He's a child.
Exactly. And I can assure you that, at my workplace, if I called my Native American employee "Pocahontas" (because I thought it was cute/funny) as I passed her in the hall, I'd be summoned down to HR.

Old 11-28-2017, 06:33 AM

57,314 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
The code talkers were marines, doubt they were offended, maybe even enjoyed Trump mimicking the essence of their code talk by referring to Pocahontas, a code word for EW.

Would not be surprised if the code talkers made Trump an honorary code talker.

"Word Association
The Navajo recruits began developing the code by taking words from their language and applying to them to implements of war. For example, the names of different birds were used to stand for different kinds of planes.
The initial code consisted of 211 vocabulary terms, which expanded to 411 over the course of the war."

As for the ceremony being in front of Andrew Jackson portrait, it could not have been more appropriate.
Know the phrase rolling over in his grave?

Jackson known as 'Indian killer' was now forced by Trump to watch as the Indians he murdered, now being honored with the highest order of recognition by the president of the US. Yes, the sound you heard was AJ rolling over in his grave.

Have concerns though, the outraged liberals here, have apoplectic seizures if they see pulp in their orange juice.

I'm sure some liberal somewhere is counting the pulp fragments in one serving size of orange juice to compare to FDA standards while having their lawyer on speed dial.
So because they were marines they can't be offended by insults to their race, that makes absolutely no sense.

Old 11-28-2017, 06:34 AM

18,462 posts, read 7,096,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
No one has proved she isn't 1/32
Lol....everyone is 1/32 something......

I'm probably 1/32 Mongol......

But if I ran around claiming Mongol heritage, people would be fully justified to mock me for it by calling me Genghis Khan.

Old 11-28-2017, 06:35 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,619,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Lol....everyone us 1/32 something......

I'm probably 1/32 Mongol......

But if I ran around claiming Mongol heritage, people would be fully justified to mock me for it by calling me Genghis Khan.
No they wouldn't, it would make them prejudiced idiots. It's like saying that Rashida Jones shouldn't claim she is black just because she looks white (she's half black/half white, but looks white only)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies