Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2017, 03:54 PM

34,235 posts, read 18,590,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
I think what really gets under the OP's skin is that when someone whose well-spoken like Obama comes to see them they realize what an idiot trump is. Trump loyalist deep down know this and they don't want someone like Obama, etc making their dear leader look bad.
It has nothing to do with comparing Trump to Obama, and everything to do with the utter rejection of Obama's FUNDAMENTAL TRANSFORMATION which is code words for Communism. We are a great country we didn't need to be "TRANSFORMED". That is saying we reject all American values, and that they are wrong even though they make so many people want to come here to prosper. Obama hates freedom, and liberty because it means government can't control you. Remember Obama's "Only Government" speech, and "YOU DIDN'T BUILD THAT!!!"

Ridiculous that you libs fell for that crap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2017, 03:55 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,758,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
It is a violation of the law. Nothing will be done about it. Like Hillary there will be one set of laws for Obama and another for the rest of us.
What law, exactly, is being violated? Please cite it, so the rest of us can take a look and see for ourselves. Thank you.

Old 11-28-2017, 03:59 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,661,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
I don't watch any news in particular.

I look at hard facts. Something that they forced into me during my economics education.

Nothing you have said in this thread has been supported by facts. The world doesn't like trump. They gave him a warm welcome in China because they knew it'd make him more likely to bend over for them. They're right, I would've done the same thing if I were them.
Does eating at a Chinese restaurant give you this valuable incite to Chinese thought ?

Just because someone has something forced into them doesn't mean they are accomplished at forcing it into others. The teacher and the student, post and the post hole, are not the same. When you give President Trump a warn welcome make sure the cameras are rolling. Proof will be required.

Old 11-28-2017, 04:04 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,542,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
Seriously. I'm more articulate up until about 30 seconds before I pass out after downing a keg. Listening to him ramble on reminds me of Cousin Bobby. He was special.

My IQ seems to drop a few points listening to him it's honestly painful to be sure. And here I thought G.W Jr was bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post

It has nothing to do with comparing Trump to Obama, and everything to do with the utter rejection of Obama's FUNDAMENTAL TRANSFORMATION which is code words for Communism. We are a great country we didn't need to be "TRANSFORMED". That is saying we reject all American values, and that they are wrong even though they make so many people want to come here to prosper. Obama hates freedom, and liberty because it means government can't control you. Remember Obama's "Only Government" speech, and "YOU DIDN'T BUILD THAT!!!"

Ridiculous that you libs fell for that crap.

I didn't fall for anything I didn't vote for Obama but I liked him better then the con man/ public embarrassment we have in office now. Just as those who fell for Obama's "Change" those who voted for Trump fell for his "lets make American great again" crap. The only greatness trump cares about is those who are rich like he is. He wants to make them great again you and me, not so much.

Old 11-28-2017, 04:05 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,269,029 times
This is not new. Obama has been meeting with foreign leaders all year.

Alt-right crazies are simply hyping it and attempting to deflect from Trump's poor leadership, ignorant blunders and the Mueller investigation--with Flynn up next and Jared warming upon warm-up.

He's met with Merkel, South Korean leaders and probably spoken with many others on the phone to reassure them that the ignorant buffoon in chief jackass will probably not blow up the world. Or maybe just to sympathize with them.

Lol. Maybe he's trolling Trump. Can't wait to see the tweets from the insecure and fragile Trump. He's hilarious when he feels inferior and threatened.

Old 11-28-2017, 04:08 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,542,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post

Maybe he's trolling Trump. Can't wait to see the tweets from the insecure and fragile Trump. He's hilarious when he feels inferior and threatened.

I'm betting Obama and whoever he's meeting with are having a good laugh over drinks about what an idiot Trump is. He'll be tweeting over this soon enough.

Old 11-28-2017, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Your link says that he is travelling on Obama Foundation business and will be speaking at several summits.

I would imagine that if he is meeting with these leaders, they likely invited him to do so while he is in their respective countries.
Maybe the better question is: why do they want to meet with him?

Who knows?

Obama is hardly the first ex-president to travel internationally and meet with foreign leaders.

Off the top of my head, that list includes Ronald Reagan, Jimmy Carter, George W. Bush, and Bill Clinton.

Old 11-28-2017, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Obama can't seem to give up his presidency. His candidate lost. The electorate rejected Clinton and gave the senate and house majorities to republicans...again.

I find the former president following the new president around the globe embarrassing for Obama and imagine Obama would have been irritated if GWB had done the same to him during his first term..
Shrug. GWB visited Africa during Obama's presidency. I can't recall anyone blinking an eye over it.

Last edited by jacqueg; 11-28-2017 at 04:31 PM..

Old 11-28-2017, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
As a private citizen, he is forbidden from meeting with foreign leaders to discuss U.S. policy.

The countries that have hosted Trumps visits have given him royal receptions that were not given to Obama when he was President. So much for your second comment.
Again, please cite the law you are referring to. Thank you.

Old 11-28-2017, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Whoever knowingly or willfully advocates, abets, advises, or teaches the duty, necessity, desirability, or propriety of overthrowing or destroying the government of the United States or the government of any State, Territory, District or Possession thereof, or the government of any political subdivision therein, by force or violence, or by the assassination of any officer of any such government; or
Whoever, with intent to cause the overthrow or destruction of any such government, prints, publishes, edits, issues, circulates, sells, distributes, or publicly displays any written or printed matter advocating, advising, or teaching the duty, necessity, desirability, or propriety of overthrowing or destroying any government in the United States by force or violence, or attempts to do so; or
Whoever organizes or helps or attempts to organize any society, group, or assembly of persons who teach, advocate, or encourage the overthrow or destruction of any such government by force or violence; or becomes or is a member of, or affiliates with, any such society, group, or assembly of persons, knowing the purposes thereof—
Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both, and shall be ineligible for employment by the United States or any department or agency thereof, for the five years next following his conviction.
If two or more persons conspire to commit any offense named in this section, each shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both, and shall be ineligible for employment by the United States or any department or agency thereof, for the five years next following his conviction.
As used in this section, the terms “organizes” and “organize”, with respect to any society, group, or assembly of persons, include the recruiting of new members, the forming of new units, and the regrouping or expansion of existing clubs, classes, and other units of such society, group, or assembly of persons.

18 U.S. Code § 2385
Um, OK.

Now, please present your evidence that Obama is meeting with foreign leaders for the purpose of overthrowing the US government. Thank you.

(Note, your darkest suspicions do not count. Those suspicions are only evidence of how your mind works, not how Obama's mind works.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies