Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you happy your taxes are going up?
Yes 22 29.73%
No 52 70.27%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2017, 07:05 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Rubio is an idiot.

That explains his GOP affiliation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2017, 07:07 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,949,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
It will be fun to watch when people finally see they were lied to.
You give the trumpings far too much credit, learning is not their strong suit.

Old 11-30-2017, 07:07 PM

25,573 posts, read 56,502,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Last I checked under the new proposal mine will go down $4000 a year. Now I can dry my liberal tears with dollar bills.
Until you lose your job in the recession which is bound to ensue. Start saving. You'll need it. And, if you're still working, Medicare as we know it will be gone by the time you retire. Hope you're prepared to pay at least $25k year in health insurance premiums, probably more, depending on how many years to have until retirement. Health insurers HATE old people. They cost them money.

Beware what you wish for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I think everyone who thinks taxes are a good idea should have to pay more of them.
I think BORROWING MONEY for tax cuts is criminal THEFT. I have no problem with legitimate and well thought through tax cuts which are revenue neutral. This is NOT and never will be. Trickle down is a joke and the GOP knows it. But - the GOP donors have said there will be no campaign money if they don't get this tax cut. This tax cut is a colossal fraud on the average taxpayer - and the little guy will pay the price.

My taxes are going up - as they did under Reagan. The GOP are con men. Always were, always will be.

Old 11-30-2017, 07:08 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,171,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Anyone half informed, has known for years that SS and Medicare are unsustainable and will cease to exist in a decade or two. We need a different system to replace both of these with.
No, this is untrue. After around 2035 or 2040 the funding status of Soc Sec and Medicare will recover because by then nearly all of the Baby Boomers will have passed. Once the boomers are gone the system will be on a much more sustainable footing. Boomers are like the python who ate a raccoon, there's a bulge in the snake that slowly moves along. We'll get there.

Old 11-30-2017, 07:09 PM

31,927 posts, read 27,017,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
He was in a wheelchair this week. How long has he been using a wheelchair?

Likely because of an injury suffered a few weeks ago, and or side effects of cancer treatment.

John McCain Tears Achilles: Health Update on the Arizona*Senator

Regardless John McCain will remain a senator and reach that chamber if he has to be carried in on a stretcher and propped up.

Really don't understand; the guy has had very good innings and no one cannot say he hasn't served his country and state. So why hang around and drag things out when it is obvious senator McCain should be "getting his affairs in order" as they used to say in old movies after informing someone they had terminal illness.

It can't be money; JmC dumped his first wife and married into buckets of it. That plus am sure he's done pretty well for himself since. It isn't like his spouse and heirs are going to be going to the poor house anytime soon.

Old 11-30-2017, 07:10 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,382,061 times
I wonder if people on this board haggle/rationalize with armed robbers on the street when they are getting relieved of their wallets?

Robber: Give me all your money (sticks a gun into CD-poster's side)

CD-Poster: Only if you promise to use it for A,B, and C.

Robber: Ok, I agree. Though you do realize you have no recourse if I choose to spend it on D? And by the way, you're a damn fool for taking the word of someone so unscrupulous that they have resorted to being an armed robber.

CD-Poster: Don't test me. The next time I'm due to be robbed at gunpoint I'll pick a different robber to take my wallet. You've been warned.

The end.

Old 11-30-2017, 07:11 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,623,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
You won't see it because it isn't there. Social Security will never be touched because it would be political suicide. That is something the liberals that live in fantasy land just can't seem to comprehend.

You can't find something wrong with everything, and that's just what the liberals do. They have lost all credibility and continue to make themselves look foolish on a daily basis.
W wanted to "touch" Social Security, and he's not the only one😒

Old 11-30-2017, 07:15 PM

15,864 posts, read 6,337,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Until you lose your job in the recession which is bound to ensue. Start saving. You'll need it. And, if you're still working, Medicare as we know it will be gone by the time you retire. Hope you're prepared to pay at least $25k year in health insurance premiums, probably more, depending on how many years to have until retirement. Health insurers HATE old people. They cost them money.

Beware what you wish for.

I think BORROWING MONEY for tax cuts is criminal THEFT. I have no problem with legitimate and well thought through tax cuts which are revenue neutral. This is NOT and never will be. Trickle down is a joke and the GOP knows it. But - the GOP donors have said there will be no campaign money if they don't get this tax cut. This tax cut is a colossal fraud on the average taxpayer - and the little guy will pay the price.

My taxes are going up - as they did under Reagan. The GOP are con men. Always were, always will be.
I'm a 50 year old liberal. I can take care of myself. I did check the latest proposal though and they snuck in another 1260 a year taxes on me than they stated originally. Shocker!!!!!!

Old 11-30-2017, 07:16 PM

1,896 posts, read 812,494 times
An open letter from the RATE Coalition....

So a coalition with a purpose all agreed on the same thing.... shocking.

Old 11-30-2017, 07:16 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,171,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Last I checked under the new proposal mine will go down $4000 a year. Now I can dry my liberal tears with dollar bills.
Your taxes will go down $4,000 a year? Sure, until that big unexpected medical bill hits you. Caring for a parent in a senior home. A big surgery that you need that insurance only pays part of. No problem, large medical costs are deductible -- whoops, sorry, Trump's tax plan took it away. So sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies