Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2017, 07:43 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,823,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Yeah, that's just weird. Women with kids hate to be called mother.

Its not uncommon in fly-over country. When husbands do it, its a sign of respect for the contribution they have made to the family. People out of the bubble see things differently.
That will be another reason democrats will lose elections next time. They don't understand the people they want to vote for them. They look down and talk down to them.
People who love their mothers and love their wife,......... sounds sick to Dems.
I live in Ohio and am a mother and think it's weird for a man to call his wife "mother." That is not something common in "fly-over country." FYI - I live 2 hours from Indiana where the Pence's are from. I've never, in real life, seen anyone call their wife "mother." Thats some freaky ish IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2017, 07:55 AM

2,053 posts, read 1,527,589 times
If and when Trump goes, Pence will be in hot water as well. Wasn't he head of Trumps transition team? Is he going to claim that he knows nothing about Russia and everything else? He's trying very hard to hide in the background so that his name won't be tarnished along with Trumps but I don't think that it will work.

Old 12-04-2017, 09:04 AM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Not as dangerous, unstable and unqualified as Trump. And we would be rid of the rest Trump's entourage--Javanka, Donny Jr., Conway, Stephen Miller, Roger Stone, Giuliani, and Bannon would be a footnote.

Pence is like Gerry Ford--a placeholder for a few years. Hopefully he would replace a few unqualified people like Carson and the wedding planner. He could never get re-elected--he's too religious, conservative and extreme.
I'm not willing to take that chance. Two and a half terms of Pence is more than i could handle.

He could damn sure fill the courts with like minded people in the meantime. That would last for 30 years at least.

Old 12-04-2017, 07:04 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,142,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justw8 View Post
I’d be perfectly okay with a president pence and wish other democrats would say the same and start making deals.
Excuse me, but do you know much about Pence?

This might interest you:

The Danger of President Pence
By Jane Meyer

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...resident-pence

Old 12-04-2017, 08:58 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,810,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Do I? Look back in time, especially the 50s, and you tell me how women were treated.

I side with women but I can't speak for them. Pence would love to keep women at home in the kitchen raising the children.

Who do you speak for?

I don't have any children. Also Pence couldn't really do that anyway because it's not a law you could establish anymore. Trump on the other hand could blow up the world if he wanted to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
If trump unexpectedly died and couldn't be president any longer, who but the most devoted wonks would follow national politics anymore? Pence, a decent gentleman who would govern well, is booooorrrrring. Trump's tweets or statements and the daily, hysterical reactions by Progressives are so entertaining. In all my years, I've never found American politics as incredibly fun as it is now.
I want boring politics again. Sure he's entertaining to make fun of but I need a president to keep me safe. Entertaining is not in the job description. That's what TV video games music and vacations are for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
I am not a lib and I have never thought he would push that little red button. He is not smart enough to push it. Once again you Cult 45ers lump everybody that didn't vote for Trump into one group. Sad.
You mean he is dumb enough to push it. All it takes is one flick of the finger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
It’s weird to me that he ( Pence) calls his wife “mother”. Nobody see’s anything unusual about this?
It's a lot weirder to call your daughter hot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Trump is an inept liar and won't get much done and causes disarray in the GOP. .
Maybe. The problem is having a leader like that makes other countries lose trust in us. One foreign leader said so himself he said he won't make a deal with the US because he no longer respects the government (I'm paraphrasing but it was something like that)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Tarabotti View Post
If and when Trump goes, Pence will be in hot water as well. Wasn't he head of Trumps transition team? Is he going to claim that he knows nothing about Russia and everything else? He's trying very hard to hide in the background so that his name won't be tarnished along with Trumps but I don't think that it will work.
That's a good point too. If in fact Pence is that bad he will go down with Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies