Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2017, 04:36 PM

9,509 posts, read 4,344,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
When the men here who want to point their fingers at any woman have the ability to give birth then you can say whatever you want. Until then it's THIER body NOT yours.
Unlike you, I have the utmost confidence that the vast majority of women know where babies come from. Therefore, except in extremely rare cases like rape, the state of being pregnant is entirely voluntary. In other words, a choice. Choices come with consequences. If you're not willing to accept the consequences, make a different choice. It's that simple. Murdering a baby because you're not willing to accept the very predictable outcome of becoming pregnant (there's that choice thing again) has nothing to do with the right to do what you want want with your body.

Old 12-06-2017, 04:38 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
So what you are saying is...that if only men acted right somehow women would be forced to give birth? uh huh.

Want to fix the problem? I mean REALLY get those numbers WAY down?

1. mandatory sex ed
2. a basic income supporting children
3. higher wages
4. free child care

etc etc.

If you folks are truly horrified by this, support things that would make abortion not such a obvious preferred choice for folks. Instead we give tax breaks to billionaires, while increasing the burden on the poor-of course they're going to abort. They cant afford a child!
This. But also add free, or truly low cost, effective birth control for men and women.

Old 12-06-2017, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
It always comes down to this. If men could get pregnant abortions not only would be easily accessible, they would be covered by all health insurance plans as well as Medicaid, and birth control and the morning after pill would be free.

It's just too easy for them to tell a woman what she can and cannot do with her body because forced pregnancy, labor and birth will never be an issue they may potentially face.
If men could get pregnant, abortions would be done at the pool hall, sports bar, golf club, auto parts store, barber shop, basketball courts, and anywhere else they can put one. Heck they would even have drive through abortion clinics. But NOOOOOOO! Women can't be trusted to make their own decisions on whats right for them and their lives. We must defund and attempt to close all abortion clinics because women!

Old 12-06-2017, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Right, more failures than not using anything? That makes no sense.

And what's your solution - abstinence until marriage?
And abstinence during marriage if you don't want children right now.

Old 12-06-2017, 04:50 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
This. But also add free, or truly low cost, effective birth control for men and women.
Free vasectomies for everyone!

Seriously, it would work.

Old 12-06-2017, 05:39 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
Unlike you, I have the utmost confidence that the vast majority of women know where babies come from. Therefore, except in extremely rare cases like rape, the state of being pregnant is entirely voluntary. In other words, a choice. Choices come with consequences. If you're not willing to accept the consequences, make a different choice. It's that simple. Murdering a baby because you're not willing to accept the very predictable outcome of becoming pregnant (there's that choice thing again) has nothing to do with the right to do what you want want with your body.
A baby is a fully autonomous, post-birth human being. When someone starts murdering them we'll talk.

But back to the actual topic at hand, you have zero say what I do with my body, even if I make the choice to have sex and then the choice not to be pregnant. It's too bad if you don't like MY choices, but no one asked you to, and no one cares if you like them or not. Because they are MY choices.

Meanwhile, a man can make the decision to have sex and just walk away without consequence, but I don't hear you lecturing them to stop having sex unless they want a child. No one ever lectures the men. They are free to come and go (pun intended).

Old 12-06-2017, 05:40 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
Sex is not just for procreation. Abortion is taking responsibility

Old 12-06-2017, 05:42 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Free vasectomies for everyone!

Seriously, it would work.
Except men wouldn’t bother most think it’s up to the women to not get pregnant. They play Russian roulette when they get caught, most take a run

Old 12-06-2017, 05:44 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzm-zM6GilU&app=desktop

"Former clinic Planned Parenthood director Abby Johnson reveals the horrors of what she saw in new book 'The Walls are Talking' and tells Tucker why she became an anti-abortion activist #Tucker"

I don't know how they can live with themselves.
Not Your Business, Live Your Own Life

Old 12-06-2017, 05:49 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
It always comes down to this. If men could get pregnant abortions not only would be easily accessible, they would be covered by all health insurance plans as well as Medicaid, and birth control and the morning after pill would be free.

It's just too easy for them to tell a woman what she can and cannot do with her body because forced pregnancy, labor and birth will never be an issue they may potentially face.
You hit all the pseudo-talking points based on "ifs" as IF the fantasy is fact.

Fact: a woman can't get pregnant without a man (this is what you focus on)

Fact: a man can't make a woman pregnant without her participation.

Pregnancy is a two-party event. Just as deciding on an abortion should be, but rarely is.

Stop making it sound like only one side is to blame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Sex is not just for procreation. Abortion is taking responsibility
THAT was one of the dumbest statements I've ever heard! There is no way to reverse the results of careless sex. Abortion is the only solution some, mostly poor and young, people have. It also tears a womans body apart (sometimes to death) and causes real problems later in life for a very high percentage of them. That's something no Planned Parenthood counselor ever talks about.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...49386715001589

Last edited by steven_h; 12-06-2017 at 05:59 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies