Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2017, 12:09 PM

18,759 posts, read 11,802,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
She is believable if you only read her account of things, if you research you will find what she says about her experience where she herself was an assistant to a surgery to abort a 13 week term abortion. First off she has no medical degree to be in a surgery room of any kind. More importantly the hospital where this supposedly occurred have no such records of an abortion 13 weeks duration took place. No records at all. Abbey is not credible

OMG you're awesome! First you have to consider the source. Fox news. Then you have to research, then you have to form an opinion with out the emotional rhetoric. Then you have to look at the whole picture, not one myopic opinion. Rubes and sheeple fall for rhetoric. Intelligent people reason.

Pro abortion: It reduces poverty and the need for welfare. Some studies suggest that it reduces the crime rate. The process of reproduction is highly imperfect. If you had the choice between being born severely compromised which sentenced you to a life of one painful hospital stay after another, would you choose that life or an abortion.? A young girl is raped, and worse yet, by a relative. If that was your daughter would you want that procedure to be readily available? You yourself develop ovarian cancer while you're pregnant. You have young children at home. Your doctor recommends an abortion and immediate treatment. Do you want that choice or should you be forced to have that child?

Pro life: We believe in an ideology that says one size must fit all, and therefore all life must be sacred no matter the circumstances.

Yes abortion is unpleasant, but it is also necessary and is up to an individual to decide what is best for them. It's not up to an ideology that many of us have no belief in. Mind your own business. Better yet, go focus your misguided energy on feeding starving children in the here and now who are starving to death every day. They need you more then some cells with the potential of becoming another unwanted child on an already over crowded planet.

Old 12-07-2017, 12:24 PM

25,963 posts, read 22,138,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Cons say they want fewer abortions yet are all about restricting women's access to birth control.

Dems actually do want fewer abortions so we support access to and financial help for birth control.
Medicaid covers birth control in our state, I suspect in many or all others. There are also clinics that provide services/birth control on a sliding fee scale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Planned Parenthood sounds like a chop shop. Just saddening.
Calling the room where they tried to connect the body parts into a "baby" to ship/sell them "the nursery".

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
What lie? That you would be very happy to force every woman who gets pregnant to take the pregnancy to term? Because every thread that you start on this subject--and you start a lot of them--basically advocates for exactly that.
It is about saving a life. Even PP admits "Abortion stops a beating heart." Oh, boo-hoo, the woman would take responsibility for the decision she made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Plus she is very believable.
Yes, she is, especially when combined with all the other stories that have came out about PP.

Quote:
What is wrong with forcing women to give birth against their will? Well, nothing, I suppose, if one wants to live in a fundamentalist theocracy, which you obviously would like very much. I bet you thought The Handmaid's Tale was a beautiful love story.
Many people that don't subscribe to "fundamentalist theocracy" still have a respect for life. Seriously, who watches "The Handmaid's Tale"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Right, more failures than not using anything? That makes no sense.

And what's your solution - abstinence until marriage?
Actually, some women become too confident and believe there isn't a chance that they will become pregnant. Young people believe "But, it won't happen to me." At that point, they are also subject to STDs.

In 1979, I went to a PP office for a pregnancy test. I was the married mother of 1 child at the time, a 2 year old. I was asked what I would be doing IF the pregnancy was positive. What a strange question. I said, saving money and preparing for the arrival of the baby. The test was negative. It sent a message to me.

Medicaid, which I have never been on, here and I'm betting elsewhere provides sterilization - a very good choice for those that have completed their families, don't want to "stop a beating heart", etc. Anyone that can have a baby vacuumed out of their womb might not make the best mother anyway.

Quote:
She is believable if you only read her account of things, if you research you will find what she says about her experience where she herself was an assistant to a surgery to abort a 13 week term abortion. First off she has no medical degree to be in a surgery room of any kind. More importantly the hospital where this supposedly occurred have no such records of an abortion 13 weeks duration took place. No records at all. Abbey is not credible
Possibly there is no record in this case because the cut-off was 12 weeks? This is so in tune with the other stories coming out about PP, although calling the room where they piece together baby parts before sending/selling them into a "baby" being called "The Nursery" is new to me, but seems to speak of the general coldness of those involved with abortions.

Quote:
Sex is not just for procreation. Abortion is taking responsibility
Nope, abortion is "stopping a beating heart" and taking responsibility starts before having sex. Taking responsibility for your baby's life by ending it. Of course, there are numerous stories by women who terminated their babies and have a lot of emotion/mental health issues once it actually hits them.

Quote:
Except men wouldn’t bother most think it’s up to the women to not get pregnant. They play Russian roulette when they get caught, most take a run
As it has been stated, "it takes two". Those same men can end up paying child support for 18 years or more, more emphasis should be put on that to encourage them to be responsible. Since the woman is the one that has to terminate the life of an unwanted baby, I would think more thought should come from her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Not Your Business, Live Your Own Life
The life of another is everyone's business. The horror of terminating a young life and never giving it a chance should concern everyone although I know some are so focused on themselves that they will never see that.

Quote:
And yet you don't deny that you are in favor of forced birth for every pregnant woman, and that is not laughable.
The only concern is the life of the baby. It appears also that many are pressured into abortions, of course, for abortion advocates, I guess that would not count. Coerced Abortion: One Woman and https://savethestorks.com/2017/08/wo...on-not-choice/ and Coerced Abortion and https://www.heartbeatinternational.o...ons-in-america Just looking these over, making abortions so easily accessible doesn't make sense.

Piecing baby parts together into a whole baby in order to ship/sell it and calling the room, "The Nursery." Check youtube.com and search for "abortion regret".

"Abortion stops a beating heart." A respect for life doesn't have to be tied to religion of any type, but simply a respect for other human beings other than ourselves.

Old 12-07-2017, 12:26 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,042,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
You hit all the pseudo-talking points based on "ifs" as IF the fantasy is fact.

Fact: a woman can't get pregnant without a man (this is what you focus on)

Fact: a man can't make a woman pregnant without her participation.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...49386715001589

Define "participation", please. My mother didn't "participate" in the rape that left her impregnated.

Old 12-07-2017, 12:28 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post

OMG you're awesome! First you have to consider the source.
You could have stopped right there. When the source is the OP you know what follows is going to be bogus fundamentalist claptrap.

Old 12-07-2017, 12:32 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,042,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Y

THAT was one of the dumbest statements I've ever heard! There is no way to reverse the results of careless sex. Abortion is the only solution some, mostly poor and young, people have. It also tears a womans body apart (sometimes to death) and causes real problems later in life for a very high percentage of them. That's something no Planned Parenthood counselor ever talks about.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...49386715001589
LOL. I had no idea my body was "torn apart" when I had an abortion. Mainly I just felt relief, and menstrual-like cramping. What would I do without the men of C-D to tell me about my uterus?

Old 12-07-2017, 12:35 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
The only concern is the life of the baby.
No, the only concern is for the life of the fetus. Once it's a baby most conservatives are all for cutting off any means of support. It can die slowly of malnutrition or lack of medical care as far as they're concerned. Only the fetus has any value to the anti-choice/forced-birth crowd.

Quote:
Check youtube.com and search for "abortion regret".
I don't have to. I had an abortion when I was 21. Do you know how many minutes I've spent regretting it? Zero. Because it was the right thing for me at that time. What you think is totally immaterial to my choice, or to the choice of millions of other women.

Here's the extent of how this concerns YOU: Don't have an abortion.

And that's where your influence on the matter ends.

Abortion will never be made illegal again in the U.S. Thank god.

Old 12-07-2017, 12:42 PM

696 posts, read 907,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
So what you are saying is...that if only men acted right somehow women would be forced to give birth? uh huh.

Want to fix the problem? I mean REALLY get those numbers WAY down?

1. mandatory sex ed
2. a basic income supporting children
3. higher wages
4. free child care

etc etc.

If you folks are truly horrified by this, support things that would make abortion not such a obvious preferred choice for folks. Instead we give tax breaks to billionaires, while increasing the burden on the poor-of course they're going to abort. They cant afford a child!
Great post but likely lost on the fetus fetishists.

Old 12-07-2017, 12:45 PM

5,252 posts, read 4,679,819 times
Here again we see the maniacal drive of those who are willing to take on the world for it's perceived sins. The millions of babies who grow up to become sacrificed on that same altar of moral perception and it's renown support of bloody wars, are seldom if ever defended by those same individuals who insist upon their birth. We don't need to condone or condemn those who feel the abortion decision is a personal one, although we can and should speak up for those who are sent to die for "the objective.."

Old 12-07-2017, 12:46 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,583,005 times
Quote:
Medicaid covers birth control in our state, I suspect in many or all others. There are also clinics that provide services/birth control on a sliding fee scale.

In 1979, I went to a PP office for a pregnancy test. I was the married mother of 1 child at the time, a 2 year old. I was asked what I would be doing IF the pregnancy was positive. What a strange question. I said, saving money and preparing for the arrival of the baby. The test was negative. It sent a message to me.

What message did that send ? That your opinion was the only one that mattered ?

The only concern is the life of the baby. It appears also that many are pressured into abortions, of course, for abortion advocates, I guess that would not count. Coerced Abortion: One Woman and https://savethestorks.com/2017/08/wo...on-not-choice/ and Coerced Abortion and https://www.heartbeatinternational.o...ons-in-america Just looking these over, making abortions so easily accessible doesn't make sense.

"Abortion stops a beating heart." A respect for life doesn't have to be tied to religion of any type, but simply a respect for other human beings other than ourselves.
Congrats you have co-opted into the fundamentalist cause - no room for discussion nor debate nor respect for another's rights nor apparently even the rule of law in the US because well murder huh ? Sorry but most of us in the US do not agree with your POV neither does the constitution.

Don't even bother to look at the Right's record on respect for Human Rights, Medical Care (saving lives?), or their tolerance for misdeeds within their own political party. The pot is calling the kettle black.

Old 12-07-2017, 12:46 PM

2,419 posts, read 2,990,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
All women, married or not, you heard it. No more sex unless you are actively wanting to get pregnant. Wouldn't want to risk and accidental pregnancy.

Better hope that your spouse wants a child or no sex for you. EVER.
Isn't it stunning how many here believe this? If you're a woman and want 2 children, and get pg easily, you might only have sex twice in your life until you reach menopause. Is sex after menopause allowed? How many men or women who say this are really willing go give up sex for the long term? I see this leading to men having a lot of affairs and then guess what? More abortions! You know, having sex is really healthy. We should probably be encouraging people to have more sex, not less.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies