Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2017, 05:15 AM

2,680 posts, read 1,380,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Yeah those were the days. When Ronnie saved us from the communist surge that almost took over Grenada. We slipped the noose on that one. Whew!
At the same time that we were being driven out of Lebanon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2017, 05:23 AM

4,921 posts, read 7,693,567 times
Corporate greed that has succeeded in a take over of the American government.

Old 12-08-2017, 05:28 AM

5,701 posts, read 3,224,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
Yes it does and few are willing to hear it. The state of affairs in the US is not an accident, it's by design. God, family, country need to be broken in that order. They mocked religion at every oaccasion, promoted phony science denying Him, broke the family structure by turning women against men, young against old (in most Hollywood movies the kids show immense disrespect especially to the father), and now it's the country's turn to be re-engineered as a new concept : it has become unacceptable to entertain the idea that a sovereign nation should enforce its border laws.

America is exceptional and the most resistant western country to that change, still through the teachings of the media and those of corrupt educators the core of american culture is being dismantled one layer at a time. I liked Obama in 2008. In 2012 he rolled his liberal agenda with the assistance of the real powers that be.

If you want to know who has the most influence on american politics, do some research on the democrat SCOTUS justices, and on Obama's candidate who was refused by Congress. You will see who is placing their people in key positions.
Great analysis. They always go for divide and conquer. Mock Christians and support crazy religions like Islam. Then, divide the races through the Obama Race War. Then, brainwash women into joining the Feminazis and hating men.

Old 12-08-2017, 05:31 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,612,875 times
Its no one president or administrations fault for the way things are right now, its been progressing despite who is in office. The people that are truly responsible are the ones who remain behind the curtain though.

I also put a large amount of the blame on the citizens (myself included), the constitution gives us the right and duty to throw off such Govts and install new guards if ever need be, but far too many people have allowed themselves to be 'conditioned' that they cannot recognize when its time to take action. Its MUCH easier and more convenient to just go along to get along, after all, its not a really good quality of life if you are a real patriot, spending your days being hated and despised, arrested, thrown in jail, etc etc.

Old 12-08-2017, 07:08 AM

2,513 posts, read 2,792,904 times
Everyone hiding behind a keyboard. Everyone only concerned with their own little world with no face to face confrontation.

Old 12-08-2017, 07:37 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,554,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
How did our country fall this far in 30 years?
Boy oh boy...

Some on the lunatic fringe really DO buy into hate radio's message: "America sucks and it's all your neighbor's fault!"

Easily led, compliant followers, incapable of independent thought or analysis of reality vs the BS they're fed.
Quote:
Where did our country go wrong?
Right here.

But it took a couple of decades of RW nonsense propaganda to clear the way.

Old 12-08-2017, 09:09 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,042,475 times
Well, OP, assuming you are a US citizen and using your own logic, you are clearly part of the problem. Why do YOU suck so badly? Why are YOU bringing this country down?

Old 12-08-2017, 09:18 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,685,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
Reagan 1987:

How did we go from a leader who wanted to defeat the Soviet Union (and did) to one who wants to put men in women's restrooms? Where did our country go wrong?
Actually, Reagan stood behind the raping and killing of priests and the genocide of many Central Americans - besides the fact of having more indicted admin members than any POTUS in history.

You have been brainwashed if you think that is a positive thing.

Besides that, it's common knowledge that that outsourcing and the M&A grew BIG TIME under Reagan with the idea that is the same today among "conservatives". Make the rich richer and everything will flow from there.

I won't even get into the S&L Crisis that cost BILLIONS and held Real Estate values at a lower or even price for a DECADE in many areas. Tough stuff - but you can look it up. I don't need to since I know someone who was Prez of a bank at the time and almost went to jail (had to go bankrupt). Turned out the bankers all had their hands in their own pockets. Remember, Greed is Good.

Remember Iran Contra? The right has made criminal and traitors into heroes. So maybe you are right - maybe that was the real beginning of the downfall.

A really honest answer would include the cost of the Vietnam War and the Iraq wars in treasure and blood (productivity of our best and brightest)....and also the Great Recession....biggest worldwide in history. We are still recovering from that.

I'd say the BIG PROBLEM here is that folks like you think you can do all these things (see above) and then just wait a few years and everything bad will go away and we will all be OK.

It doesn't work that way. Generations have been ruined.

Old 12-08-2017, 09:34 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,805,597 times
I like the results of the Obama years. We made great progress in individual freedom while recovering from a deliberate speculative recession. We are still benefitting from that recovery.

I believe we will have another recession during the Trump Tyranny when, not if, the resurrected real estate and mortgage speculation collapses with a great deal of profit for a few and great losses for the many. that, after all, is what business is designed to do. Move wealth from the creators to the speculators. From the students of Trump University to the Donald.

Old 12-08-2017, 07:36 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,589,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I like the results of the Obama years. We made great progress in individual freedom while recovering from a deliberate speculative recession. We are still benefitting from that recovery.

I believe we will have another recession during the Trump Tyranny when, not if, the resurrected real estate and mortgage speculation collapses with a great deal of profit for a few and great losses for the many. that, after all, is what business is designed to do. Move wealth from the creators to the speculators. From the students of Trump University to the Donald.
Are you kidding?! I consider the Obama years and the attacks of the Gaystapo/Transtapo attacking people and Big Business trying to crack down on dissent against the Gaystapo/Transtapo and the Left using the Climate Inquisition on companies like Exxon and them backing Planned Parenthood body part selling and going after Project Veritas for exposing them and the IRS targeting and the other crap he pulled to be on a par and his BLM race baiting and him strong arming schools into tranny bathrooms to be a part with the Democrats in the KKK Jim Crows years as far as being a blight on American history. I hope to make Obama's legacy disappear completely.

As, increasing, Trump looks like Simba and his rule over the Pride Lands after we just endured 8 years of Scar and his illegal alien, Muslim refugee, and BLM hyenas looting the land.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies