Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2017, 01:59 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,393,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
This. Between the Russia scandal and women accusing him of sexual harassment and now the Moore thing he's done. It doesn't matter if he's found guilty of anything I mentioned above the scandals are getting old. People are tired of the drama queen president.

Yeah, the repeated attempted coup is OK though.

Just nice to know the people that lost the election still refuse to accept the outcome.

Speaking of things that are getting old, how is that year and a half old Russia scandal coming along?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2017, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike77 View Post
I think President Trump will be a tough act to follow for ANY future candidate. Judge Gorsuch, booming economic growth, tax reform and a raging stock market are just a few reasons. My stock account is up over 100 grand since the election and I credit President Trump. Thankfully, we won't have to worry about this until 2024.

Keep in mind that he has been in office less than a year.

Much of what he is working on today will bear fruit in the months and years ahead.

If worker incomes are up and the job market continues to improve, the avalanche of big donor cash that will be thrown at the next Democrat presidential nominee won't matter in 2020 any more than it did in 2016.

Old 12-13-2017, 02:19 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,640,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by survivingearth View Post
After the stunning loss in Alabama , i am starting to worry that Trump is ruining Republicans reputation. Is Trump putting the future of the right in jeopardy?
absolutely.

The damage is hard to measure, what is certain is that Republicans in my state (WA) who had safe 60% + seats are panicked. They are doing everything they can to appear more moderate, they are speaking against various Trump admin cabinet members and making sure they are seen to be doing it.

They know they may well find themselves unemployed in 2018, Trump is a disaster for Republican house members.

Old 12-13-2017, 02:25 PM

25,583 posts, read 17,304,861 times
Quote:
Is Trump ruining the chances for the next Republican?
Depends on how successful the media is. And so far they are just doing a bang-up job of promoting whatever they want to promote.

The uninformed electorate helps. They read media headlines and Facebook comments and then think they have been informed.
Thank God for Twitter! If not for that the media could run the country any way they wanted.

Old 12-13-2017, 02:27 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,554,711 times
Talking Is Trump ruining the chances for the next Republican?

If the Russiagate probe exposes extensive conspiracy with Putin to corrupt our election, then the GOP will suffer a long drought. Those GOP "leaders" who meekly bowed down to Trumpism will be ruined.

If the Russiagate probe ends up revealing that tRump had long and large financial arrangements with Putin and that he acted favorably towards Russia as a result, the damage to the GOP will be only slightly less.

Those are the two most likely outcomes. And that entirely explains congressional Pubs working diligently to stonewall the investigations and their slagging on Mueller and the FBI. They're desperately thrashing around, trying to keep the truth from being revealed. If Russiagate wasn't a mortal danger to their party, they wouldn't be acting so psychotically.

This scandal isn't just fatal to tRump's presidency. It's becoming obvious that it'll go much deeper and dig up lotsa fetid, stinking dirt on those who've enabled tRump.

It'll be more damaging than Watergate.

And much more entertaining.

Old 12-13-2017, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Maybe they're the same person

I think Jones victory in Alabama shows the base is cracking. Look at the Democratic governor victories in Virginia and New Jersey. Didn't the Democrat wins wipe out the Republican majority in the state house of delegates? How will that effect Republican gerrymandering? It's becoming loud and clear that the republican party is becoming more and more unpopular. Jones victory was yet another example.

The sun will come out tomorrow......Sorry I just woke up happy with the ear worm flowing through my brain.

You think the pro-life, anti-open borders, pro-second amendment, church-going Alabamians that elected Shelby to the Senate on a 2 to 1 vote and elected Session unopposed (Democrats didn't bother) now live in a blue state?

Jones will be a one-termer and an interesting footnote in history.

I know, I know, Democrats are still groping around in the darkness, so any glimpse of daylight is cause for celebration.

OK, but nothing has changed.

300k Republicans stayed home last night.

They'll vote in the next election and everything will be as it was before.

Old 12-13-2017, 02:34 PM

25,583 posts, read 17,304,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
absolutely.

The damage is hard to measure, what is certain is that Republicans in my state (WA) who had safe 60% + seats are panicked. They are doing everything they can to appear more moderate, they are speaking against various Trump admin cabinet members and making sure they are seen to be doing it.

They know they may well find themselves unemployed in 2018, Trump is a disaster for Republican house members.
What a stupid comment.
Washington state has 4 (R) and 6 (D) US representatives. There have been a total of 9 (D) and 6 (R) representatives since 2000.
It has 2 (D) senators. Been that way since 2000.

Tell us more about this "panic" and all about how there were 60% R people.

Old 12-13-2017, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Depends on how successful the media is. And so far they are just doing a bang-up job of promoting whatever they want to promote.

The uninformed electorate helps. They read media headlines and Facebook comments and then think they have been informed.
Thank God for Twitter! If not for that the media could run the country any way they wanted.

This is true, bit it's not just Twitter.

My little brain droppings have been read more than seventeen million times on this forum.

That's an astonishing number for someone that is as much a nobody in particular as can be.

YouTube, FB, local and special interest forums are all capable of carrying all the media formats needed to refute the LSM's lies.

Old 12-13-2017, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post

Are you really suggesting that you have access to some hidden set of data that others lack?

Or do you just kind of feel like you do?

Old 12-13-2017, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
This is true, bit it's not just Twitter.

My little brain droppings have been read more than seventeen million times on this forum.

That's an astonishing number for someone that is as much a nobody in particular as can be.

YouTube, FB, local and special interest forums are all capable of carrying all the media formats needed to refute the LSM's lies.
not really sure those numbers mean all that much. how would the site know which posts are read or passed over?

my guess is that number simple show how many times the page was opened. ie P&C thread ABC page 4 views...

of course your views appear to be 10 time the size of mine, so either way good for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies