Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2017, 02:58 PM

73,062 posts, read 62,680,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Or just 4 bullets. Costs = $2.00.
If his was pre-meditated murder, I wouldn't be against this comment of yours. However, this was not pre-mediated murder. There were no plans to commit murder. A man died because some teenagers were being idiots and playing pranks. This is not a case of cold-blooded killers. This is a case of thoughtless, idiotic youths in which their thoughtless ways caused someone to die. Do you really believe that the death penalty should be used if an accidental death took place?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2017, 03:17 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,330,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
The fact that four young people would commit such a heinous act is considered controversial. Their back round and method of upbringing, or possible lack thereof, would be considered controversial from a societal standpoint by many.

That said, how many threads are you going to ask that question?

If you want control of that become a moderator.
-young kids have committed murder before. The overpass crime isn't new. A crime happened. Nothing is controversial about it. Nobody here thinks they should be set free. They have been charged and will go to prison most likely. Where is the controversy or political issue?
-how do you have so much information about their backgrounds and upbringing?
-I ask this question because people basically post stories about a black person committing a crime, and there will clearly be no controversy or political statement being made in the OP. Just people getting their little coded racism off.

So again, what is controversial or political about a crime happening and the criminals being properly charged?

Old 12-29-2017, 04:29 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,962,271 times
For those of you who think they should NOT be tried as adults, what do you think an appropriate punishment is for 4 kids who murder someone?

Old 12-29-2017, 05:35 PM

19,724 posts, read 10,142,200 times
They need to be punished, but how much I don't know. Just read a story of a young man exiting the system at 18. At 8, he took a rifle and killed his father and another man. Is 10 years enough?

Old 12-29-2017, 05:38 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,962,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
They need to be punished, but how much I don't know. Just read a story of a young man exiting the system at 18. At 8, he took a rifle and killed his father and another man. Is 10 years enough?
Would ten years be enough if it were your loved one who was killed? It wouldn't be enough for me. I'd want at least twenty years and then permanent garnishment of their wages to pay to the surviving family members.

Old 12-29-2017, 06:54 PM

19,724 posts, read 10,142,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Would ten years be enough if it were your loved one who was killed? It wouldn't be enough for me. I'd want at least twenty years and then permanent garnishment of their wages to pay to the surviving family members.
I would be afraid of anyone who could kill two people at age 8.

Old 12-29-2017, 07:40 PM

78,477 posts, read 60,679,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Is this different? Local guy. Arrested and convicted three times from 14 to 17 for molesting young boys. At age 17 finally sent to jail. Because he was a juvenile, he had to be let out before 21 by state law. At age 30, convicted again, serving 4 years. Maybe if had served time in a real prison for the first three, the fourth boy would not have been touched.
Good point, sadly...it's not the 4th boy (or girl or whatever) it's probably the 20th...just the 4th that came to light.

Old 12-29-2017, 07:55 PM

716 posts, read 393,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
what is controversial or political about this?
I guess because of the OP, but neko_mimi ran with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Sounds like three of Obama's sons and one dreamer. I'm sure they were a bunch of good boys just turning their lives around.
Other than the typical white conservatives trying to divide us by race, there's nothing political about this.

But I used to put pennies on the tracks...

Old 12-29-2017, 08:10 PM

716 posts, read 393,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Anyone old enough to remember Reagan's "Compassionate Conservative".

I hear conservatives are talking about bringing back debtors prisons, oh how far they have sunk...

Old 12-29-2017, 09:50 PM

10,829 posts, read 5,442,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
The guards wouldn't stand for it as they want their jobs to be as easy on them as possible. Take away TV and they'll take their anger out on the guards, making their jobs more unsafe. Take away the drugs, once again, it makes the inmates more controllable.
Any prisoner who makes trouble will be executed. That solves that problem.

Quote:
And let's no forget, all those innocent people behind bars, and how many are cleared thru DNA evidence every year.
Yes, that is a problem. But you can't solve everything.

Besides, our criminal justice system lets off way more guilty people than it convicts. For every innocent person sent to prison, I would reckon there are at least one hundred people -- maybe one thousand -- who get away with their crimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies