Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2017, 07:55 AM

79,908 posts, read 44,355,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
Are matters of controversial laws not political?
You are supposed to present an argument when you post something. Not just an article. If that was enforced that would take care of a lot of threads as many who start the most would be unable to present an argument.

Now if this had been posted with an argument as to whether or not charging 13-14 as adults is something we should do, then it wouldn't have been questioned as quickly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2017, 08:09 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,682,520 times
Adult prison for them will definitely ensure they learn to become much better criminals.

Since they are killers, they will have instant 'street credit' once they hit prison too.

Old 12-28-2017, 08:37 AM

20,379 posts, read 20,003,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
what is controversial or political about this?
The fact that four young people would commit such a heinous act is considered controversial. Their back round and method of upbringing, or possible lack thereof, would be considered controversial from a societal standpoint by many.

That said, how many threads are you going to ask that question?

If you want control of that become a moderator.

Old 12-28-2017, 09:04 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,873,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Sounds like three of Obama's sons and one dreamer. I'm sure they were a bunch of good boys just turning their lives around.
^ says more about you than anything factual.

The victim is black.

The identities of the 4 young teens who tossed multiple sandbags and other objects off the overpass have not been disclosed.

Old 12-28-2017, 09:15 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,873,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciroccot View Post
These communities are just crying out for better role models as well as single moms who need to take a more proactive approach in raising their kids to be better citizens.

At present, these kids cannot just be weaponized by certain minority groups to in effect freely carry out the most despicable of crimes with little pushback from those in their communities.

Really, kids should be a bit more than just a handy social welfare check for single moms in the hood.
The identities of the 4 teens have not been disclosed.

Yet, here you are making assumptions about their families, communities, home life, race and source of income.

No shortage of kids everywhere, who do really stupid things. Sometimes the outcomes are intentional and sometimes not.

Old 12-28-2017, 10:05 AM

1,239 posts, read 513,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I didn't go through the whole thread, but it seems like most people were happy with them being charged as adults, even though the kids were white.

In general I think that we have Juvenile laws for a reason.
I don't think that the kids in this current situation should be charged as adults, but should face the stiffest juvenile penalties possible.
I'm ok with the other group being charged as adults. The kids in that thread were older, and did far worse than the kids in this story, and they did it on multiple occasions with time to think about what they were doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
^ says more about you than anything factual.

The victim is black.

The identities of the 4 young teens who tossed multiple sandbags and other objects off the overpass have not been disclosed.
They named the kids in the article. Our racist friend that you were responding to made his statement based on them having names like Demetrius and Pedro.

Old 12-28-2017, 10:17 AM

24,459 posts, read 23,154,619 times
A kid in Pa killed a woman the same way and he got out when he turned 18. This was in Allentown and happened maybe 10 years ago. He tossed a chunk of ice onto her car she was riding in.
All you can do is hope they have a rough time in juvenile detention until they let the little proto hominids out.

Old 12-29-2017, 03:09 AM

1,743 posts, read 996,382 times
It amazes me how so many people believe that 13 and 14-year-olds lack any common sense.

Even though I am well past those ages I can still remember knowing right from wrong!

I didn't need my parents to tell me that throwing heavy (or light) objects at cars from an overpass was potentially dangerous.

Just like I didn't need them to tell me that robbery, theft, murder etc. etc. was Wrong!
(It's called a 'conscience')

Too many folks want to "Go Easy" on young thugs ... simply because they are "young thugs".

They want us to wait until they become adult thugs!

Old 12-29-2017, 03:14 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,501,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Sounds like three of Obama's sons and one dreamer. I'm sure they were a bunch of good boys just turning their lives around.
Seek help.

Old 12-29-2017, 03:18 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,456,180 times
Some liberal judge will let them off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies