Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2017, 08:57 AM

7,480 posts, read 6,267,244 times

Advertisements

If you happen to be on a tour near a tour group of Asian's, you will find out very quickly how dominant a group of them are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2017, 09:02 AM

39,239 posts, read 27,629,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
Or.... the term jungle is used simply because those countries are predominately Jungle..........
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Does the OP care to address the above?

Minority group? Here is the US, but not in the world and certainly not in Asia.

Who told you "jungle Asians" is a negative term? Or did you come to that conclusion yourself? Who said it is a bad term when used among themselves, or in other countries? What is perceived as negative in the US does not mean it is outside of the US.
Please

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9JYWjLvPL0

Old 12-29-2017, 09:13 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,418,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Asians do not have the highest average incomes when one main factor is considered...Asians are almost COMPLETELY urban (and so are Jews BTW). And if I’m not mistaken in fact, they’re the most urbanized group in the United States.

If they were as widely dispersed as every other racial group, the income difference would be far smaller, and they certainly wouldn’t outearn whites.

.... so now that's some deciding factor?

Asians and Jews come from a culture of success and expectation. Jews are like 20-30% of some high profile fields, such as law and medicine. And it's not by accident.

"Being urban" is a symptom, not the cause, of being in law, business, finance and medicine.

Old 12-29-2017, 09:16 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,020,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post

I stand corrected.

Old 12-29-2017, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
I stand corrected.
I don't know what you are saying

The video is about Asian discriminating against each other, which is well known in the Asian communities. "Jungle Asian" is a code term in the Asian community, the video explains it well.

I don't know why they do it, they are all the same. Point is almost everyone "discriminates". But when it comes to "other race" and "other color", some people tend to make a big deal out of it.

Old 12-29-2017, 09:25 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,304,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
bold is disgusting.

I can't STAND one minority group looking on another minority group. What is the point of that?

A lot of warrior Marines are the so called jungle Asians who sacrificed their lives and blood for this country. Nothing "jungle" or "low class" about them.

In my humble opinion, the groups looking down on their own people have no business complaining about white or black supremacy. Jungle Asian? The term is neither funny nor accurate.

I agree, just thought I'd pass that along. I myself do not refer to them as "jungle Asians." I've also heard Chinese & Japanese people refer to Koreans as "clockfaces." They had to explain that one to me, still doesn't make much sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Well, just about everything you use in your life from your car to your phone cares a lot about them!

The fact is that these societies are somewhat more tradition bound and it is considered "crass" to rise above the crowd in terms of being an entertainer or "shock jock". They do value engineers and good CEO's and others who are competent in the skills that life REALLY requires.

Or, looking at the inverse - Americans are pretty much the only country on the planet with the diversity of arts and culture(s) - due to our history. Our suffering and inequality has actually brought us some of the best "art" (blues music, movies, etc.).....

So take one or the other.

Cameras and cars and equipment that some out of Japan and Taiwan are ---well, let's just say it. These are MUCH better products than Americans currently produce here. So work and success and stuff like that is tradition - not making a fool of oneself up on stage.
I "don't care about them" in the sense that I don't hold any particular like or dislike for east Asians as a people. I get on with my life and let them get on with theirs. I do not accept that they are an oppressed minority here; statistics disprove that time and again. Do they get the odd racist comment? I'm sure they do, but we all do.

Old 12-29-2017, 09:27 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
If you happen to be on a tour near a tour group of Asian's, you will find out very quickly how dominant a group of them are.
Asian tourists don’t seem pushy to me. I’ve never once seen an example of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
.... so now that's some deciding factor?

Asians and Jews come from a culture of success and expectation. Jews are like 20-30% of some high profile fields, such as law and medicine. And it's not by accident.

"Being urban" is a symptom, not the cause, of being in law, business, finance and medicine.
WTH are you talking about?

People all over the Country go into finance, business, law and medicine. Those aren’t urban professions.

The point I’m making is that incomes are exponentially higher in urban areas than they are in rural areas. If one group has nearly ALL of their population in high cost urban areas, then OF COURSE their incomes will be much higher on average. That’s a given. Geez. Use your damn heads.

If Asians were as widely distributed across this country as whites or blacks are, they wouldn’t outearn whites on average.

You don’t have to give me the well worn spiel about anyone’s culture of success and blah, blah, blah. We all know about that.

Old 12-29-2017, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I agree, just thought I'd pass that along. I myself do not refer to them as "jungle Asians." I've also heard Chinese & Japanese people refer to Koreans as "clockfaces." They had to explain that one to me, still doesn't make much sense.

Yeah, you are correct.

There are a lot of same race discrimination in the Asian community. This is well known.

Old 12-29-2017, 09:36 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,304,124 times
Quote:
Oh I have. They're all over Europe.

Old 12-29-2017, 09:36 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,418,544 times
Quote:

WTH are you talking about?

People all over the Country go into finance, business, law and medicine. Those aren’t urban professions.

The point I’m making is that incomes are exponentially higher in urban areas than they are in rural areas. If one group has nearly ALL of their population in high cost urban areas, then OF COURSE their incomes will be much higher on average. That’s a given. Geez. Use your damn heads.

If Asians were as widely distributed across this country as whites or blacks are, they wouldn’t outearn whites on average.

You don’t have to give me the well worn spiel about anyone’s culture of success and blah, blah, blah. We all know about that.

The centers of high paying legal, finance and business jobs are not in the rural areas. You don't move to Iowa if you want to work as a bond trader and make a million bucks a year.

This is widely known.

What you're trying to do is find a way to excuse and explain failure and poor cultural outcomes. Asian outcomes are more influenced by there still being a steady stream of 1st and 2nd generation immigrant success mentality (which likely wanes after a few generations)..... than anything having to do with "urbanity" or "population distribution."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies