Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2017, 07:59 AM

12,043 posts, read 6,578,423 times

Advertisements

The whole MK problem sucks to the Nth degree.
There's no way we can bomb their missle sites without them immediately killing all our soldiers on the border there plus millions of South Koreans -- and using drones with their anthrax.

My hope is we have some kind of total cyber shutdown they don't know about.

As far as China playing Trump -- he tried this first, now maybe he will make good on his trade bill against China's unfair trade policies. That will wake China up.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2017, 08:16 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,322,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Day by day we slip closer to War, or should I say, More Wars. This one will be the worst of all.
I have a little more confidence than you do. I don't think N. Korea has any intention of actually launching a nuclear attack, as they know they would be wiped out. It would be suicide. I also don't believe we would launch a first nuclear strike. We might do something else, but it would be aimed at disarming N. Korea ...dismantling their nuclear capability. It's clear that "talk" has done nothing in the past, and such negotiations will therefore not do any good in the future. Negotiations never deterred N. Korea from pursuing nuclear weapons (Bill Clinton didn't help matters, by giving them the means, and stupidly believing they wouldn't use it for a weapons program).

I don't know what the course of action will be, but I don't think we're headed for nuclear war.

Perhaps I'm too optimistic.

Old 12-29-2017, 08:16 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,734,055 times
China is a friend to no one.......but China.

China will play nice, they will form alliances with whomever it is that will further China's agenda of world domination.......until those alliances stand in the way of their goal.

Right now, China needs to maintain the status quo while they continue to, as quietly as possible, build their economic and military juggernaut. About another 20-30 years will do it.......at that point China will be in a position to simply tell the rest of the world what to do, or face China's ire.

CN

Old 12-29-2017, 08:22 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post

China will play nice, they will form alliances with whomever it is that will further China's agenda of world domination.......until those alliances stand in the way of their goal.

Right now, China needs to maintain the status quo while they continue to, as quietly as possible, build their economic and military juggernaut. About another 20-30 years will do it.......at that point China will be in a position to simply tell the rest of the world what to do, or face China's ire.

CN
And I see no problem with what China is doing. They do whatever is in their national interest.

I wish the United States would do the same.

Old 12-29-2017, 08:33 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,291,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I have a little more confidence than you do. I don't think N. Korea has any intention of actually launching a nuclear attack, as they know they would be wiped out. It would be suicide. I also don't believe we would launch a first nuclear strike. We might do something else, but it would be aimed at disarming N. Korea ...dismantling their nuclear capability. It's clear that "talk" has done nothing in the past, and such negotiations will therefore not do any good in the future. Negotiations never deterred N. Korea from pursuing nuclear weapons (Bill Clinton didn't help matters, by giving them the means, and stupidly believing they wouldn't use it for a weapons program).

I don't know what the course of action will be, but I don't think we're headed for nuclear war.

Kim Jong Un doesn't want to be "regime-changed" by the US. This is why he is doing what he is doing.

Old 12-29-2017, 08:40 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,499,657 times
China has taken a page from Trump's book and is crying Fake News(in a more tactful way).

China is denying that China was involved, even though 25 Chinese Nationals were working on the ship.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-n...-idUSKBN1EN0D3

Old 12-29-2017, 08:55 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,949,873 times
Quote:

I think you are, for several reasons 1) What our own administration is saying, 2) That the Chinese are still supplying NK, 3) China has already said if we attack first then they will step in on the side of NK, 4) NK will never voluntarily disarm without being forced through military action, 5) Any conventional attack on NK will result in the destruction of Soul and many other SK cities and towns, 6) If war breaks out and NK looks to be losing, the madman running NK Will launch whatever missiles he has at SK, Japan, and the US at that point he has nothing to lose.

Now tell me what Your solution is other than one of the above?

Old 12-29-2017, 09:21 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,020,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post

CN

I have mentioned this before..........China is walking the fence........But they are not going to be able to go unnoticed...........Japan for one is not going to allow them to "control" Asia.........

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/j...reat-sktrcqrtg

Old 12-29-2017, 09:24 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,451,346 times
It's a known fact that China is going to support the Norks. So is Russia. Both nations have an interest in keeping their borders safe from US aggression so they'll take care of their defenses. We can build a wall around NK and it will change nothing, not a damn thing.

The solution is to get to hell out. Let China and S Korea solve the problem. Nothing good is going to come of this. We have no business there and for the most part the world knows that. Can't America go invade some terrorist nation like Uraguay or those filthy commies in Bolivia?

Old 12-29-2017, 10:30 AM

20,836 posts, read 17,115,957 times
Quote:

I HOPE not but the risk of an error increases.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies