Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2017, 10:25 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
Others did.

But, you said the left boycotts on a dime. Don't pretend the right doesn't, and often over extremely absurd matters, like Starbucks' supposed "war on Christmas."

SO, you call me out because of what other stated? How leftist of you...

The left will....you see more boycotts by the left than you do the right, by a long shot....

Old 12-29-2017, 10:31 AM

3,006 posts, read 2,630,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
SO, you call me out because of what other stated? How leftist of you...

The left will....you see more boycotts by the left than you do the right, by a long shot....
Someone said conservatives don't boycott, to which I responded with a list of companies that they've boycotted. You later asked "so only conservative boycott?," to which I said "no, but pretending conservatives don't boycott is disingenuous," which was a referral to the person who absurdly claimed conservative don't boycott. Try to keep up.

Old 12-29-2017, 10:31 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,087,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
It's a two for one.

He can attack the United States Postal Service and Jeff Bezos at the same time.

If he forces the USPS to charge more and become uncompetitive, Amazon will go to private carriers, which is something Republicans would like anyway.

If he portrays Amazon as taking advantage he takes a whack at Bezos. He is trying to muzzle the Washington Post.

Our president, the great divider.
FedEx and UPS can't lower their rates too much otherwise it doesn't make sense for them. Both FedEx and UPS created the Smartpost or Surepost solution for last delivery. FedEx SmartPost and UPS SurePost, is a hybrid shipping service with which FedEx/UPS will pick up packages from the shipping destination, and then hand the packages off to the U.S. Postal Service (USPS) for the final delivery to the end customer. There is usually a lag in the final delivery by the postal service.

USPS is a cheap alternative to UPS/FedEx. The only challenge is the tracking as it does not compare to the tracking of UPS/FedEx.

The ideal solution would be for the USPS to upgrade their supply chain to compete with FedEx and UPS and to survive the future of logistics. The tracking software that they use is very archaic. I also feel as baby boomers, Gen X and millennials start dying out the next generation will mostly likely be all email based in terms of mail. They should hire consultants that have experience in modern-day distribution/fulfillment warehouses, WMS systems, etc.

The only thing left for USPS is money orders, passports and packages. (they should acquire the TSA Precheck business)

Old 12-29-2017, 10:43 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,273,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
It's a two for one.

He can attack the United States Postal Service and Jeff Bezos at the same time.

If he forces the USPS to charge more and become uncompetitive, Amazon will go to private carriers, which is something Republicans would like anyway.

If he portrays Amazon as taking advantage he takes a whack at Bezos. He is trying to muzzle the Washington Post.

Our president, the great divider.

the great divider for calling out the truth? USPS is losing billions a year and the President can't call that out? Amazon is making billions by exploiting that and we, the taxpayers have to pay for it with 18 billion dollars a year.

U.S. Post Office gets an $18 billion gift from taxpayers every year | Fortune

Old 12-29-2017, 10:44 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
Someone said conservatives don't boycott, to which I responded with a list of companies that they've boycotted. You later asked "so only conservative boycott?," to which I said "no, but pretending conservatives don't boycott is disingenuous," which was a referral to the person who absurdly claimed conservative don't boycott. Try to keep up.

So, once again you're answering someone else's post via most post? And that makes me "at fault."

WOW folks, you really cannot make this stuff up...

So, I'm going to start answering various posts and then when that poster comes back and says, what?...I'll say I'm answering "this" post....and you need to keep up...

Old 12-29-2017, 11:06 AM

3,006 posts, read 2,630,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So, once again you're answering someone else's post via most post? And that makes me "at fault."

WOW folks, you really cannot make this stuff up...

So, I'm going to start answering various posts and then when that poster comes back and says, what?...I'll say I'm answering "this" post....and you need to keep up...
The thread was only 2.5 pages long at that point. Not really that difficult to follow. Yeah, it's your fault if you can't follow the flow of the thread after only a few posts.

Old 12-29-2017, 11:07 AM

15,531 posts, read 10,504,683 times
"So are conservatives now gonna boycott Amazon?"

Here's the deal, by Trump bringing this up, people will now have conversations. We have had them, on this forum, but most people don't think about it. You know, the post office, your taxes, China, Amazon, Ebay and so on. I'm not a true conservative and even I avoid Amazon like the plague.

Old 12-29-2017, 11:11 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,446,965 times
Damn hypocrite Leftists at it again. They boycott everything imaginable when they don't get their way and think they are the righteous ones for doing so, but when it's a Leftist owned company they complain if the thought even arises. The second hypocritical part of all of this is the "pay your fair share" mantra. You hear that CONSTANTLY from them about corporations, but yet again, it's a Leftist owned company so it's ok if they don't pay theirs. To them it's ok to get a good deal from the government but god forbid a Conservative owned company legally uses the tax code to pay less, it's all of a sudden Armageddon and they aren't paying their fair share. What a mental illness for all to see.

Old 12-29-2017, 11:19 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,201,370 times
I buy from Amazon all the time. Even buying things I could buy down the street at Wal-Mart because with Prime's free shipping, most things are cheaper and I don't pay my 7% sales tax on everything. Some things come USPS, some FedEx, some UPS. What is the problem? Besides Trump not liking the truth about him being said.

I was a Trump supporter. He said everything the "silent majority" thought but didn't dare say. I am mortified at what PRESIDENT Trump is doing. He IS dismantling our country. He IS causing even greater divides than Obummer created. I am a conservative but I sure as hell don't think or believe in what these "conservatives " spew out.

Trump and these "conservatives" are nuts, man!!!!

Old 12-29-2017, 11:43 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,065,647 times
That is pure silliness. Only emotionally driven liberal progressives do that sort of thing.

If Amazon has something I want at a competitive price I buy it. By the same token, I have not purchased coffee at Starbucks, (someone I know called it Fourbucks a few years ago), more than a handful of times, over the years. Not good value for me.

See how that works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if they do now that their president is now targeting it. Lol. I can't believe it. Trump has now turned conservatism into a circus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies