Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2017, 09:26 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,133,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Yes,it is and Hitler liked dogs.

The problem is fixable but first you have to stop pretending there is no problem. The gap has shrunk it can shrink more.
Is this what they talk about right before they pass out the required reading Mein Kampf?? I'm an engineer by trade and I have two degrees and I would gladly compare IQs with any white supremacist sympathizer on CD.. Let that sink in..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2017, 09:29 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Is this what they talk about right before they pass out the required reading Mein Kampf?? I'm an engineer by trade and I have two degrees and I would gladly compare IQs with any white supremacist sympathizer on CD.. Let that sink in..
You have not read Sowell, Williams or the Brookings Institutes thoughts on IQ have you? You have read nothing on the subject so you simply give knee jerk responses on the subject.

Funny how someone going by the monikor Shabazz can call someone else a believer in racial supremecy.

Old 12-31-2017, 09:46 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,133,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
You have not read Sowell, Williams or the Brookings Institutes thoughts on IQ have you? You have read nothing on the subject so you simply give knee jerk responses on the subject.

Funny how someone going by the monikor Shabazz can call someone else a believer in racial supremecy.
I've read Sowell. My stance is know thy enemy... I'm pretty sure my personal library is larger than yours...

A better question is have "you" read the words of Dr. Frances Cress Welsing or Na'im Akbar???

I doubt you understand what Shabazz means or why I chose it as my screen name...

Old 12-31-2017, 09:56 PM

4,627 posts, read 3,395,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Having both parents around is no guarantee of good parenting. My parents were (and still are) Fundamentalist Christians who couldn’t function for five minutes outside of the little social bubble they inhabit. For me, surviving in the real world means unlearning 95% of the stuff my parents taught me.

Stop being so hard on single moms. Most of them probably do a better job than my parents, who are still living in the Middle Ages. It’s better to be raised by one parent who has a grip on reality than two parents who do not.
Yes, we shouldn't demonize single-parents. My grandmother on my Mom's side was a single mother because she was widowed (my grandfather died of a heart attack at 47). My mom was already 20 and out of the house; however, my uncle was much younger than my mom and was only 8 years old. So I would be the last person to carte blanche demonize single moms.

That said, all things being equal children are going to be better served by the presence of two loving parents than by one.

Old 12-31-2017, 10:03 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
In Oklahoma 60% of all births are paid for by medicaid. 54% of the states population is on medicaid, but only 12% of those on medicaid are black

Oops, so much for the narrative being pushed in this thread. You can check any other state you want with the two links above.
Well, well, well...

Old 12-31-2017, 10:11 PM

25,848 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
I guess back in 1965 the rate of African-American out of wedlock births was only 24%. So basically, it has gone from 24% to 77% over the last half century.

https://www.brookings.edu/research/a...united-states/
Thanks liberals.

Old 12-31-2017, 10:36 PM

3,336 posts, read 2,138,222 times
4 of 5 Blacks.
3 of 5 Hispanics.
1 of 3 Whites.

What should be most concerning here is the commonality that constitutes a grievous disservice to the nation's children. It's the #1 predictor of intergenerational poverty. I don't care which racial demographic is the greatest offender when all of them are clearly undesirable. The kids had no choice regarding the amount of melanin in the skin they were born with and seeing them as mere numbers in this instance only contributes to the problem. When you see people in this way, you tend to instruct and treat them in this way. That such children often rise to the level of their [low] expectations represents a social failure at the societal level. This is true whether you hate them for racist reasons or seek to excuse them for what amounts to being racist reasons. The alt-right and alt-left sides of the same coin at work in full force. The underlying failure is the lack of willingness to see individual human beings with intrinsic value and dignity.

Old 12-31-2017, 10:40 PM

10,457 posts, read 4,040,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
The truth is, the out of wedlock birth rate has been on the rise for all races. Black Americans were leading the USA in out of wedlock births going back to the days of the Great Depression. The "I don't need a man" mantra just made all of this skyrocket. Black Americans just served as the canary in the coal mine. The OOW birth rate went up for Whites and Hispanics as well.
I really don't think this out of wedlock has anything to do with "I don't need no man!" I think what is going on here, is that we have a population and culture that is swamped with cheating and infidelity. Back then, women didn't have the resources that they do now, so they had to put up with a cheating man. Today, they now have a choice and a voice. Seriously, a woman gets hurt, betrayed and possibly put in danger because her man decided he wants to be selfish, can we blame her for telling him to go to hell and then take her child and raise that child alone, because she don't want her child to get hurt too by his reckless behavior!

It's not welfare, it's this huge cheating thing that is going to bring our civilization down. People have absolutely no respect or honor for themselves or others.

Old 12-31-2017, 11:05 PM

1,704 posts, read 749,375 times
It would appear that births out-of-wedlock are on the rise all over the world. Estonia and Iceland have recently reported these types of births to be 62% and 64% of their total European populations, respectively.

Perhaps with regards to modern-day lifestyles, as more women feel less dependent upon males as primary bread winners and as more modern-day thinkers move further away from traditional religion, a spike in these types of "illegitimate" births might be expected.

Besides, the typical black family unit has always been over stressed from outside forces. From the selling of family members during slavery to racial discrimination in education and employment, a successful black family unit has always been a formidable uphill challenge.

Old 12-31-2017, 11:24 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeliner View Post
It would appear that births out-of-wedlock are on the rise all over the world. Estonia and Iceland have recently reported these types of births to be 62% and 64% of their total European populations, respectively.

Perhaps with regards to modern-day lifestyles, as more women feel less dependent upon males as primary bread winners and as more modern-day thinkers move further away from traditional religion, a spike in these types of "illegitimate" births might be expected.

Besides, the typical black family unit has always been over stressed from outside forces. From the selling of family members during slavery to racial discrimination in education and employment, a successful black family unit has always been a formidable uphill challenge.
The black family is damn near DEAD!! Trust me when I say that I’m tired of trying to make black folks see the importance of the nuclear family.

It’s an uphill battle. But you’re right that this seems to be a societal problem in that people are moving away from traditional marriage overall because of a more secular populace.

That said, I wish Blacks were a whole lot less religious than we are. It’s a paradox I know, but I think it’s had a negative impact on the community in the long term.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies