Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2018, 10:59 AM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
I really don't think this out of wedlock has anything to do with "I don't need no man!" I think what is going on here, is that we have a population and culture that is swamped with cheating and infidelity. Back then, women didn't have the resources that they do now, so they had to put up with a cheating man. Today, they now have a choice and a voice. Seriously, a woman gets hurt, betrayed and possibly put in danger because her man decided he wants to be selfish, can we blame her for telling him to go to hell and then take her child and raise that child alone, because she don't want her child to get hurt too by his reckless behavior!

It's not welfare, it's this huge cheating thing that is going to bring our civilization down. People have absolutely no respect or honor for themselves or others.
A big part of it was though. Think about this phrase: "A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle," This was a rallying call putting men out. While cheating has been a big problem, fathers are still needed. A woman may not need a cheating husband. However, a boy still needs his father. It takes a father to teach a boy to become a man.

While divorce is an option for women who are being cheated on or abused. However, no-fault divorced is being used for reasons beyond that. This is also punishing men who don't cheat or abuse their wives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2018, 11:09 AM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
So many cracks in the USA as a society.

It is glaringly obvious that this country is very troubled.....and IMHO, very much on the downside.

Old 01-01-2018, 11:12 AM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
So many cracks in the USA as a society.

It is glaringly obvious that this country is very troubled.....and IMHO, very much on the downside.
What is your solution to solve the problem?

Old 01-01-2018, 11:26 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Perhaps rather than just posting generalities and making judgments, it would be more logical to look at the breakdown age-wise as well as ethnic group and the psychology behind the numbers. Seems this is one of those 'sky is falling' based on faulty logic threads.

In addition, when the term 'out of wedlock' is used, how do you know the parents didn't get married a couple of months later? Like Trump--had a child out of wedlock and married later. If it's good enough for the president.....

"The sharpest declines in nonmarital birth rates were for black and Hispanic women...."

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/products/databriefs/db162.htm

Old 01-01-2018, 11:56 AM

26,788 posts, read 22,556,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
What is your solution to solve the problem?
There is NO solution. It's that simple.
See, the very foundation of American society was white and Christian - based. Which means it was following the biblical beliefs of men being in charge of the family unit ( or in charge of the society period,) and women were supposed to have the "supportive role." In THAT America Blacks ( and other people of color) were regarded as "second sort" of people and were told to follow the same pattern that the Whites followed ( as far as family unit was concerned) or else. Children out of wedlock were frowned upon AMONG THE WHITES to begin with. Twenty years fast forward, comes the "sexual revolution" brought BY THE WHITES, and the Blacks just follow the lead ( since "Sexual revolution" correlates with the civil rights movement.)
And there you have it. What became socially acceptable for Whites, became socially acceptable for Blacks.
"But-but-but" some can say "The birth rate out wedlock ( i.e. fatherless children) is nowhere as high among the Whites comparably to Blacks. If it were just WHITE America, we could have dealt with this problem and cover the single mothers with welfare payments, however when we have this ever-growing chunk of population (people of color) that disproportionately use this "out of wedlock" privilege of women, and this particular segment of population is ALREADY poor to begin with, the financial obligations ( i.e. welfare payments to single mothers) become burdensome for the rest of population ( be that working Blacks or Whites.)
Now. What kind of solutions do you have in this situation?
Number one - to abolish the whole "women emancipation" idea for both Whites and Blacks, ( because since everyone belongs to the same nation, you can't promote Christian principle for the former ones, but exclude the latter.) To go back to society mores of pre-"sexual revolution" times.
You see what kind of backlash this proposal would bring from women ( both White and Black)?
And solution number two - to make sure that the single mothers would be able to support themselves and their children while working. But THIS brings the whole other array of problems - the daycares, the public transportation, the jobs that are suitable for mother's schedules and so on. ( Because the government can dictate to put these women to work all it wants, but PRIVATE sector will still decide who is going to be hired.)
So the only way you can accommodate these women (to make sure that they work and do their fair share of raising children, while earning money,) is to change the whole structure of the society.
The idea which will not thrill too many men in the US.
And so, as I've said - there is no solution.
No viable solution for American society as far as I can see.

Last edited by erasure; 01-01-2018 at 12:26 PM..

Old 01-01-2018, 12:00 PM

26,788 posts, read 22,556,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Cravings View Post
Good point. The rich property owners of the South preferred slavery because it was more economical to own people to do work than to pay wages to folks they had less control over.

The 13th amendment actually left a loophole that was and is still to this day exploited. Slavery is barred except as punishment for a crime. So blacks were routinely rounded up on either trumped up, or fabricated charges and put into the prison system to rebuild the South at the omission of poor, non-property owning whites.

The South was rebuilt with the help of black slave labor.

The United States has an addiction to cheap labor.
True that.
And as practically any addiction - it's deadly after all.

Old 01-01-2018, 12:14 PM

3,850 posts, read 2,227,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Wait...so Black immigrants are excluded from the Black statistics in the article while Hispanic are counted together and then analyzed separately as immigrants and non-immigrants. Why is that? And what are the OOW rates for Black immigrants, as they were excluded from the Black statistics?
All statistics are manipulated to fit whatever agenda people want to push with them. They make up group distinctions as they go along.

Old 01-01-2018, 12:25 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Iceland has nearly the same out-of-wedlock birthrate as Black-Americans. And they're almost all white there. Sweden has about the same out-of-wedlock birthrates as Hispanic-Americans.

https://icelandmonitor.mbl.is/news/p...edlock_babies/
That’s very interesting. Hmmmmm.

Old 01-01-2018, 12:43 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,133,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
Ill compare IQ, standardized test scores, financial credentials, etc all, whenever you are ready as well, sir(yes I did just assume your gender)

Also engineer by trade(1 degree though /tip hat to you there) however I do not identify as a white supremacist sympathizer/any other associated labels though Im sure its possible I've been called such, among other things most of which are not true.
People are free to call/label me whatever they wish if it makes them feel better about themselves, I know Im awesome You may be as well
Why did you get all defensive on a post I made in response to whogo's misinformation??

While every conservative isn't a white supremacist, many sympathize with causes and agendas created by white supremacists. These people are primarily known as sympathizers. For example, these people can be observed right here on CD making up lies about IQs using conclusions proven to be non-scientific. Anybody that supports the primary causes of white supremacy are sympathizers whether they like the label or not...

Old 01-01-2018, 12:52 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,315,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
All statistics are manipulated to fit whatever agenda people want to push with them. They make up group distinctions as they go along.
This

Understanding Out-of-Wedlock Births in Black America

Revisiting the controversial Moynihan Report Jun 21, 2013

I think its very important to get past the jeremiads and understand why the numbers look the way they do. And given that this is an old beef of mine, I figured I'd go through the numbers again, fool around with some spreadsheets and try to get in touch with my inner Derek Thompson.

But while the number of unmarried black women has substantially grown, the actual birthrate (measured by births per 1000) for black women is it the lowest point that its ever documented.*

https://www.theatlantic.com/sexes/ar...merica/277084/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies